• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gitaroo

I read here that EBGames is offering 210$ for a PS4 if you buy a Pro. Is there any source online regarding this?

3-161027.jpg

got that from Redflag

Gitaroo

defintiely trading in my launch unit, found out aux never worked, have to borrow friend's ps4 to play psvr, hdmi signal dropping out every now and then. Auto download didn't work and instantly shut down the system for the first year until firmware update 3. System also sounds like a blow dryer when I play anything, that shit needs to go and I am more than happy for a retailer to take it than selling to someone on kijiji even if I do end up getting less.

Quick

Banned
With the trade in of $210 subtracted from $499.99 + HST (13% in Ontario), assuming they subtract if after taxes, it ends up at $354.98 overall.

That's not bad at all.

Trace

Banned
Yea I've been trying to sell my PS4 for the last day, got once response but he hasn't followed up yet. At the very worst I can still sell it for more than that $210 EB offer though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I gotta improve my praying game for Amazon to send out Call of Duty on November 2nd so I get it on the 3rd. That 50GB patch is gonna take fucking forever.
What the fucking fuck?

Are the new macbooks out? And where can I get the previous model? I figure theyll be cheaper, and I dont care about the touch ID
The updated old model is available to buy. The touch bar ones next month. But they raised the price on the old model so...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Pray with me.

Oh dear Amazon thy holiness, pray be thou shipping estimate is correct
Offer onto thee my deepest hopes, blessed be thee and your divine goodness
Please ship my fuckin game soon
Amen 🙏
I assume it'll be Friday... but I had no idea. I can't believe I can't just play Modern Warfare and need to download 50 freaking gigs first.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I assume it'll be Friday... but I had no idea. I can't believe I can't just play Modern Warfare and need to download 50 freaking gigs first.
They're saying my copy will ship on Wednesday, Friday being the release date. If they ship Wednesday morning I may actually get it Wednesday, if afternoon then I'll probably get it on Thursday. Either way, it still leaves enough time to download Modern Warfare (49GB) and like another 3-4GB patch for Infinite Warfare.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Friend will buy my launch Xbox One for $210. I can get 1TB gears bundle foe $375. Good upgrade?

Wondering if I should wait for boxing day which is like 2 months away

BeforeU

Don't you have an external HDD already?

I do.

Here is a back story,

I just ordered Samsung KS8000 65" yesterday. And PS4 Pro. Then I realised Pro doesnt have 4K player. So for now I have cancelled the Pro order. But I need something watch 4K content when my TV arrives next week.

I didnt wanted get same console again, thats why I was going for PS4 Pro more than One S.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I do.

Here is a back story,

I just ordered Samsung KS8000 65" yesterday. And PS4 Pro. Then I realised Pro doesnt have 4K player. So for now I have cancelled the Pro order. But I need something watch 4K content when my TV arrives next week.

I didnt wanted get same console again, thats why I was going for PS4 Pro more than One S.
No I mean if you have an eHDD already then just get the cheapest 500GB S and get Gears 4 separately, or wait for Black Friday. I think the 500GB bundles are $350-$375, so you'd only need to add another ~$200 on top of the $210. Then get Gears 4 during Black Friday for $50-$60 or Kijiji it. $250 v. $375.

Oh wait you meant Gears bundle for $375 total not on top of the $210. The yea that's a good deal.

http://www.apple.com/ca/shop/browse/home/specialdeals

Shop there. basically brand new, come in white box, still qualify for apple care and all the same warranty as new.

These worry me. How used are they, and what exactly was wrong with them? Does it give that info?

What the fucking fuck?

The updated old model is available to buy. The touch bar ones next month. But they raised the price on the old model so...

...They did? Wtf... Anywhere else I can buy? Best Buy maybe?

BeforeU

No I mean if you have an eHDD already then just get the cheapest 500GB S and get Gears 4 separately, or wait for Black Friday. I think the 500GB bundles are $350-$375, so you'd only need to add another ~$200 on top of the $210. Then get Gears 4 during Black Friday for $50-$60 or Kijiji it. $250 v. $375.

Oh wait you meant Gears bundle for $375 total not on top of the $210. The yea that's a good deal.

Yes on kijiji there is a seller who is selling 1TB Gears bundle for $375 + tax (its a shop). Its regular white console.

Other than that I saw 500GB Fifa bundle going for $325. Might bite on that. But then I will have to sell fifa separately because I already have one.

I do.

Here is a back story,

xbox one s is a great match with that tv (i have the same)

I couldn't find a source online, but I went to an EB in Calgary and the deal was active. Traded in a launch Xbox One for $210, and then got the trade five games for $100 promo added as a separate transaction.

One of the employees didn't know about the deal, but the other had read about through a printed out staff newsletter. It might take some asking around, but it's definitely a thing.

Was anyone else able to do the Trade 5 Games for $100 towards a PS4Pro? My EB wouldn't let me do it despite there being no language that the promo couldn't be used with a PS4Pro, it just said new hardware and it doesn't get any newer than a PS4Pro.

antibolo

Banned
Sony's decision to not put a 4K BD player in the Pro is extremely stupid and may actually push me into buying an Xbone S in the future, if/when I ever get a 4K TV.

I would love a premium PS4 Pro that has a 4K BD player and built-in PSVR support (so you just plug the headset on the front and that's it). Please make that Sony, I am perfectly willing to pay extra money for that. Right now you are basically telling me that I will need to buy your competitor's product if I want to make full use of a 4K TV.

Funny thing is the Xbone S is currently in that sweet spot the PS3 was into at the beginning, where it's cheaper to buy the console for that BD functionality rather than get a standalone player.

Anyway my current TV is still running fine so I doubt I'll be getting a 4K TV soon.

antibolo

Banned
These worry me. How used are they, and what exactly was wrong with them? Does it give that info?

You don't need to worry about anything, they have the same base warranty as the full price products.

I've bought refurb Apple hardware many times (4 Macs, 1 iPad) and never had any issue. They were always exactly like new, the only different thing about them was the plain grey box.

Funny thing is the Xbone S is currently in that sweet spot the PS3 was into at the beginning, where it's cheaper to buy the console for that BD functionality rather than get a standalone player.

It's in an even better spot TBH relatively speaking. The Ps3 was $499/599( with bluray) next to the $399 Xbox 360. It offered more but was also priced higher. The Xbox1S starts at $299 AND offers the 4kUHD player, which the Pro lacks and that starts at $399? Sony's choice not to include the player basically pushed me to get the XB1s instead of upgrade my vanilla Ps4 to the Pro. And if previous holidays are any indication, MS is going to be very aggressive with deals/bundles and heavily market the fact that their machine offers the best value for someone wanting to fully explore 4k this holiday, on top of 2 major IPs in Gears 4 and Forza Horizon 3. I think they've positioned themselves well for a strong holiday season.

I'm not sure if Amazon did this on purpose or not, but RDR2 dropped to $65.54 for less than 24 hours on the 27th.

People keep wondering why people keep pro-ordering games. At least here in Canada, it's one of the only ways to get a reasonable price for a new release to begin with.

Iced

I'm not sure if Amazon did this on purpose or not, but RDR2 dropped to $65.54 for less than 24 hours on the 27th.

People keep wondering why people keep pro-ordering games. At least here in Canada, it's one of the only ways to get a reasonable price for a new release to begin with.

Yep. And if you decide you don't want it, you cancel it. Easy.

Anytime I read an article or forum post with some variation of "stop preordering", I just want to yell at them, "NO! FUCK YOU! I AM A CANADIAN!"

BadHand

Does any fellow PS VR owners need a charging stand for the move controllers? I bought a rocket fish stand in March but don't need it any more.

It's new in the packaging. Free for anyone who can pick it up in the Abbotsford/Chilliwack area, I don't really want to mess around with shipping it.

Send a PM if interested.

You don't need to worry about anything, they have the same base warranty as the full price products.

I've bought refurb Apple hardware many times (4 Macs, 1 iPad) and never had any issue. They were always exactly like new, the only different thing about them was the plain grey box.

Any noticeable scruffs or dents or anything like that?

Maybe Ill go this route... does it work with phones too? Do they clean those like new? Is there a video on this process by the way?

MrFlooD

Was anyone else able to do the Trade 5 Games for $100 towards a PS4Pro? My EB wouldn't let me do it despite there being no language that the promo couldn't be used with a PS4Pro, it just said new hardware and it doesn't get any newer than a PS4Pro.

I used this promo without issue. It clearly states any new hardware or PSVR. However, they wouldn't let me do this and the $210 trade-in.

So sold my launch PS4 on Kijiji for $250 within 24 hours. (system only)

Ryde3

can't you just sell for more than 210 on kijiji?

or did the value plummet?

I got 250$ for mine on kijiji about 1 week after the official announcement (knowing it was happening for months, should've sold WAY earlier.)

I had an offer for 275$ (the listing price) while I was literaly en route for the exchange, that being said I think you could do better than 210, but barely.

You can get the slim for 290+tax with 2 games...

TheExodu5

Banned
Just signed up for the Rogers gigabit bundle.

Gigabit internet plus HDPVR and the rep said he'd switch me over to a TV package with TMN/HBO included once it's installed. $99/mo. Really looking forward to it...huge upgrade from 40/3. I'll finally be able to stream for one.

Not looking forward to haggling with them 2 years down the line, but I'll deal with them when the time comes.

Was a tough call though, as I was giving up 40/3, 300GB at $45.

baconcow

With the trade in of $210 subtracted from $499.99 + HST (13% in Ontario), assuming they subtract if after taxes, it ends up at $354.98 overall.

That's not bad at all.

They subtract it before taxes.

can't you just sell for more than 210 on kijiji?

or did the value plummet?

Except, $210 EB Games credit is worth more than $210 cash. I live in NS and $210 credit reduces the cost of the PS4 Pro by $241.50 ($210+tax).

antibolo

Banned

Maybe Ill go this route... does it work with phones too? Do they clean those like new? Is there a video on this process by the way?

Haven't had any cosmetic flaws so far. They even have all the protective film adhesive you'd expect on "real" new units. For all intents and purposes, they *are* new, except cheaper and in a less fancy box.

No iPhones though, seems to be the only product line they don't do refurbs.

I've got a PS4, Xbone, and WiiU. I've only got a couple PS4 games hangin around (BLOPS3, MGSV I think). These are all collecting dust since I bought a GTX1080 and a PG279Q. I don't think I want a PS4 Pro, but the Switch still interests me. Steam wallet funds are also great.

Should I trade in these consoles while the values are high, or just go the Kijiji route? Where am I going to get the best value and least headache?

(Toronto area btw)

Thanks a lot!

MrFlooD

I've got a PS4, Xbone, and WiiU. I've only got a couple PS4 games hangin around (BLOPS3, MGSV I think). These are all collecting dust since I bought a GTX1080 and a PG279Q. I don't think I want a PS4 Pro, but the Switch still interests me. Steam wallet funds are also great.

Should I trade in these consoles while the values are high, or just go the Kijiji route? Where am I going to get the best value and least headache?

(Toronto area btw)

Thanks a lot!

You will always get more the Kijiji route. Also since you are in the GTA, you should have no problem with a quick sale.

kaiyo

It's in an even better spot TBH relatively speaking. The Ps3 was $499/599( with bluray) next to the $399 Xbox 360. It offered more but was also priced higher. The Xbox1S starts at $299 AND offers the 4kUHD player, which the Pro lacks and that starts at $399? Sony's choice not to include the player basically pushed me to get the XB1s instead of upgrade my vanilla Ps4 to the Pro. And if previous holidays are any indication, MS is going to be very aggressive with deals/bundles and heavily market the fact that their machine offers the best value for someone wanting to fully explore 4k this holiday, on top of 2 major IPs in Gears 4 and Forza Horizon 3. I think they've positioned themselves well for a strong holiday season.

The 360 had two sku too $399/$499, and the $499 PS3 pretty much match the $499 360.

Haines

Banned
They subtract it before taxes.

Except, $210 EB Games credit is worth more than $210 cash. I live in NS and $210 credit reduces the cost of the PS4 Pro by $241.50 ($210+tax).

Are we positive they positive they subtract before taxes?

I believe you. I just want confirmation on this.

If i sell mine on kijiji, how do i get all my stuff on the pro? I just sign in with my psn account and start downloading? I have unlmtd internet

antibolo

Banned
Are we positive they positive they subtract before taxes?

I believe you. I just want confirmation on this.

If i sell mine on kijiji, how do i get all my stuff on the pro? I just sign in with my psn account and start downloading? I have unlmtd internet

From a legal standpoint*, I don't think it makes sense to charge sales tax for an amount of money you did not actually charge the customer.

* IANAL

Sealtest

Burgergaf I need your help.

I heard Harveys went back to using Iceberg lettuce and I'm wondering if they also went back to white onions as well.

Dazzler

I'm currently talking to Amazon customer chat about Titanfall not having shipped yet. It appears as though the person on the other end is just pulling from a list of pre-set responses... Is this normal?

kennah

Never had one scuffed. From what I've heard they use all new externals (case, etc) and repaired or old stock internals. They're also probably from the 14 day return period, which they wouldn't take back one that is scuffed anyway. The only difference between a refurb and the new one is they show up in a plain box, and you have to wait for delivery. Can't do an instore pickup or anything like that. Basically brings the price down to closer to what the computer should be.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

...They did? Wtf... Anywhere else I can buy? Best Buy maybe?
Refurbs are like-new. If you are happy with their limited configs, then it's fine.

For me, I want a 16 gig option since the ram is not upgradable and none of the refurbs ever have that.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Never had one scuffed. From what I've heard they use all new externals (case, etc) and repaired or old stock internals. They're also probably from the 14 day return period, which they wouldn't take back one that is scuffed anyway. The only difference between a refurb and the new one is they show up in a plain box, and you have to wait for delivery. Can't do an instore pickup or anything like that. Basically brings the price down to closer to what the computer should be.
Goddamn, I had no idea Apple refurbished by changing the casing/external shell as well. I may look into using it in the future, then.

Madness

Yup. Some idiot even compared those of who preorder to Trump voters with a fuck you got mine mentality. For us outside the US, it is a good way to save a lot of money.

But it isn't worth it for Amazon without Prime. They won't ship your game until like 10-17 days after launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom