• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiyo

Has anyone's copy of Robinson The Journey for PSVR shipped from Amazon yet?

Mine says shipping November 14th arriving 15th. This is with the fastest shipping too. Brutal. I only went with Amazon because I had gift cards. Was hoping it would arrive for Thursday when I get my PS4 Pro.

I see why people don't buy games from Amazon. I can walk into a store and buy it tomorrow. Useless.

I have a feeling they didn't order/receive that many copy or they are receiving the game late.

Just got email from Amazon that it shipped

sikkinixx

I'm thinkin I call around on Thursday and ask about the NES Classic. I'm guessing my best bet is to head to the Wal Mart 10 minutes away on Friday morning to hopefully snag one before some Craigslist prick buys them out.

What was your original shipping date? Are you Prime?

Robinson shipped for Wednesday Nov 8th delivery for me. Was originally scheduled for November 14-15

Amazon e mailed me to tell me they pushed back Dishonored shipping until next week. I got on chat and was able to get then to change it back to release which is good but why make me deal with that?

zeitgeist

Isn't SDM kind of trying to get out of video games? They only have a limited selection whenever I go, and lots of stuff is in bargain bins.

I hope they at least get the Switch so I can finally get rid of my points. I don't see many Shoppers with games as it is though.

d1ddy

Sold my 500GB PS4 with 1 controller, Shadow of Mordor, and Dragon Age: Inquisition for $310. That's pretty decent/fair, right?

I traded my launch PS4 plus 13 various Wii U/ xbone/ PS4 games for $350 store credit towards a pro lol .. they weren't games I touched in forever and have no plan to so it's not too bad :p

Robinson shipped for Wednesday Nov 8th delivery for me. Was originally scheduled for November 14-15

Amazon e mailed me to tell me they pushed back Dishonored shipping until next week. I got on chat and was able to get then to change it back to release which is good but why make me deal with that?

Ugh mine still says shipping November 14th.

This is really disappointing. I am never shopping with Amazon again for videogames.

Just got a ps4 and thinking about getting back into ps plus. I know they jacked the price up, but I noticed the ps plus cards in store still say $50. Whats the deal with that, can I save $20?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I assume the cards still work until they get sent back, sort of like when Xbox Points were still on sale after they switched to real currency.

----
Oh, that NES thing is being released this Friday?

Wow, I only owe ten cents for a game being overdue a day at the library. That's pretty easy to digest, and even watch grow someday if I need to keep something late. It's cheaper than rentals were.

I haven't gotten around to playing it. I was hoping to renew it, but someone placed a hold and didn't pick up the copy they held. Or two people placed holds. I can't really tell.

I was going to rush out before 9am and drop it off, since it was due at midnight and they wouldn't know the difference, but it's not worth the gas.

Kyolux

Has anyone's copy of Robinson The Journey for PSVR shipped from Amazon yet?

Mine says shipping November 14th arriving 15th. This is with the fastest shipping too. Brutal. I only went with Amazon because I had gift cards. Was hoping it would arrive for Thursday when I get my PS4 Pro.

I see why people don't buy games from Amazon. I can walk into a store and buy it tomorrow. Useless.

I have a feeling they didn't order/receive that many copy or they are receiving the game late.

Yeah mine shipped last night. Should be delivered tomorrow. Weird that it's coming from Montreal though.

Yeah mine shipped last night. Should be delivered tomorrow. Weird that it's coming from Montreal though.

Still not shipping until next week for me. I'm never ordering videogames from Amazon ever again.

It's in stock and ready to ship from Best Buy yet it will take a week with Amazon. What the fuck are they doing? It seems this is a regular issue people have here.

I used these gift cards for this game and will never purchase videogames from Amazon again. Fuck them.

antibolo

Banned
Still not shipping until next week for me. I'm never ordering videogames from Amazon ever again.

It's in stock and ready to ship from Best Buy yet it will take a week with Amazon. What the fuck are they doing? It seems this is a regular issue people have here.

I used these gift cards for this game and will never purchase videogames from Amazon again. Fuck them.

If you don't have Prime then Amazon is basically worthless now.

khaaan

I found my FF15 order!

... it was from 2013, not 2014 @_@

Edit: Do'h, double post
My last email was found in a deleted emails folder through Windows Live Mail (which I don't use anymore) on my laptop, lol... very random.

uggghhh.

That reminds me I have to give em a call to change the credit card on that order because my card expired. Then I have to give them another call later because I think Kingdom Hearts 3 is also on that order and my CC will expire before that comes out too. Calling in always sucks :(

etta

my hard graphic balls
Welp, looks like I might have an interview tomorrow (for a job outside my field though, but okay for a transitional one I suppose), so I might be able to get a PS4 Pro now. But for what game though, I don't really need to replay U4, and no big Sony exclusive for me this holiday... hmmmm. Maybe Modern Warfare 4K? But the Xbox version is still where I will play primarily due to friends, and Scorpio is probably gonna run it in 4K too, hmmmm.

BadWolf

Welp, looks like I might have an interview tomorrow (for a job outside my field though, but okay for a transitional one I suppose), so I might be able to get a PS4 Pro now. But for what game though, I don't really need to replay U4, and no big Sony exclusive for me this holiday... hmmmm. Maybe Modern Warfare 4K? But the Xbox version is still where I will play primarily due to friends, and Scorpio is probably gonna run it in 4K too, hmmmm.

Sounds like it would be a waste of money for you.

Kyolux

Well.. thinking of getting a PS4 pro after all. But gonna wait on first wave impressions.

Not gonna trade in anything for it. Maybe my first (of 2) ps3?

Gonna leave my old one at my girlfriend's place. Going to save me the trouble of constantly carrying it around.

Is there going to be anything for me with the Pro without a 4k/HDR tv for FFXV? Any performance improvement?

SickBoy

Well, I guess I'm on the PS4 Pro bandwagon. Based on what I've seen at RFD, looks like the standard TIV for a PS4 is $175... definitely in the market for a quieter system, so for the $85 difference between trading in for a Slim, I'll take the 1TB hard drive and increased performance.

$379-$175=$204
$499-$210=$289

I guess the pack-in game on a slim lengthens that gap a bit, but I certainly don't need to play Uncharted again. Now to get a 4K TV sometime in the next several years :)

I like the PS4 as a system, and I like Sony's exclusives well enough... but if this new system transforms into a vacuum cleaner over the course of its first year or two, I might be done with Sony hardware for a while... because I wouldn't even be thinking of an upgrade if the noise of my launch system wasn't so ridiculous.

lupinko

The current PSN sale is legit, especially since we are getting even better prices due to grandfathered discounts.

e.g.
Bloodborne: Complete Edition is $19.99 CAD to the $19.99 USD.

@Wreck

Well, I guess I'm on the PS4 bandwagon. Based on what I've seen at RFD, looks like the standard TIV for a PS4 is $175... definitely in the market for a quieter system, so for the $85 difference between trading in for a Slim, I'll take the 1TB hard drive and increased performance.

$379-$175=$204
$499-$210=$289

I guess the pack-in game on a slim lengthens that gap a bit, but I certainly don't need to play Uncharted again. Now to get a 4K TV sometime in the next several years :)

I like the PS4 as a system, and I like Sony's exclusives well enough... but if this new system transforms into a vacuum cleaner over the course of its first year or two, I might be done with Sony hardware for a while... because I wouldn't even be thinking of an upgrade if the noise of my launch system wasn't so ridiculous.

just traded my og ps4 in today man!

pretty excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom