• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking Kijiji.

The guy I was speaking to for two to three days -- some kid from the neighbouring city it seems -- told me he was 100% interested in the PS4, even today. He emailed me several times, said he could meet me after six once he could get a car, and I said that was fine.

He said not to trade it in (I was going to EB), that he wanted it and he had had me hold it for him. Turns out I should've just traded it in.

After running my errands and waiting/texting him after six, he finally got back to me and said something had come up and he couldn't meet tonight.

Asshat.

If you trade in a black PS4, do you also have to include a black dualshock 4? My original controller is broken and I don't have another black dualshock 4.

No. You just need to trade in a controller (albeit likely an official one). I know this from past experience.

-Deimos

Fucking Kijiji.

The guy I was speaking to for two to three days -- some kid from the neighbouring city it seems -- told me he was 100% interested in the PS4, even today. He emailed me several times, said he could meet me after six once he could get a car, and I said that was fine.

He said not to trade it in (I was going to EB), that he wanted it and he had had me hold it for him. Turns out I should've just traded it in.

After running my errands and waiting/texting him after six, he finally got back to me and said something had come up and he couldn't meet tonight.

Asshat.

No. You just need to trade in a controller (albeit likely an official one). I know this from past experience.

Never trust people who make excuses about transportation. It's either some kid who thinks mommy will drive him to the meetup or someone who doesn't even own a car and isn't willing to use public transportation. They wouldn't mention it if they had a reliable way to reach you.

And not being able to agree on a time and place to meet although you've been in contact for several days is a huge red flag. A reliable buyer would be able to give you their availability immediately.

krae_man

Listing error, if you get the Vita Deluxe Launch Bundle of SAO Hollow Realization, you also get the full PS4 version, and the dlc/season pass for it too. It should be good as long as the store page lists 20.6GB as the file size. Pretty much saves you $110.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ndle/cid=UP0700-PCSE00903_00-SAOHRVITALAUNCH2

Yeah but who would normally spend $200 on both games combined?

You guys are crazy. You make the Trekkies paying three times as much for TV show seasons seem rational

I bought a cable I needed at Best Buy on Saturday and then realized I had one all along. I lost the receipt but just went in store this evening to at least get store credit. But they wouldn't do it.

The item was $15 after tax and treated me like I was trying to rob the place. What the fuck? I'm not trying to return a fucking TV.

Never trust people who make excuses about transportation. It's either some kid who thinks mommy will drive him to the meetup or someone who doesn't even own a car and isn't willing to use public transportation. They wouldn't mention it if they had a reliable way to reach you.

And not being able to agree on a time and place to meet although you've been in contact for several days is a huge red flag. A reliable buyer would be able to give you their availability immediately.

You're not wrong at all.

He didn't bring up the vehicle thing until today. He'd said he was free all day, and when I messaged him early this morning I didn't get a reply until almost 1. Thankfully, since I was up all night, I just went to sleep.

I had asked to meet today, because I still needed to reset it and pack it up. He was fine with that. But when he offered me more I got suspicious. Thankfully, I had other errands to run that took me by the place we were going to meet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I bought a cable I needed at Best Buy on Saturday and then realized I had one all along. I lost the receipt but just went in store this evening to at least get store credit. But they wouldn't do it.

The item was $15 after tax and treated me like I was trying to rob the place. What the fuck? I'm not trying to return a fucking TV.
They should be able to look up your purchase on your credit card, because they save all those transactions on their system.

Honestly, the worst part is trying to return something that you price matched online. It's a fucking shit show if you have to do that.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Noooooo did I miss the 25% book sale?

Is anyone seeing it still active?

Rbk_3

I got a ton of offers for $250, but it just isn't worth the hassle for the extra $12 or what ever vs the trade in offer so I have just been telling people my bottom line is $280 and no one has bitten, so I will just trade It in.

SickBoy

I got a ton of offers for $250, but it just isn't worth the hassle for the extra $12 or what ever vs the trade in offer so I have just been telling people my bottom line is $280 and no one has bitten, so I will just trade It in.

I traded in a bunch of stuff just to avoid the hassle of dealing with Kijiji people.

EDIT: RE: 25% book sale, I went to order something yesterday (or maybe this morning) and it appeared to be done.

c0pium

Neo Member
So who's looking forward to $100 games after Trump kills NAFTA and plunges Canadian economy even further down the drain.

I was kinda hoping that the world would react and the US dollar would plummet and we can re-usher in the age of $60 CAD games

SickBoy

So who's looking forward to $100 games after Trump kills NAFTA and plunges Canadian economy even further down the drain.

I'm hoping the U.S. dollar tanks and we get a brief respite on prices before he actually takes office and then anti-trade policies kill us :)

EDIT: curse you, c0pium

Luigi87

I'm hoping the U.S. dollar tanks and we get a brief respite on prices before he actually takes office and then anti-trade policies kill us :)

EDIT: curse you, c0pium

I was kinda hoping that the world would react and the US dollar would plummet and we can re-usher in the age of $60 CAD games

Honestly, hoping the US Dollar tanks in general if Trump wins is the only thing I can hope for... this is... wtf America.

Rbk_3

While I'm certainly glad I'm not American, I so do not feel comfortable living in the nation right next to them...

Only 1 solution....

l3gdg40j1hwx.gif

They should be able to look up your purchase on your credit card, because they save all those transactions on their system.

Honestly, the worst part is trying to return something that you price matched online. It's a fucking shit show if you have to do that.

Yeah they told me about that but I paid cash and didn't give them my email for the digital receipt.

Just ridiculous they won't help you out for a $15 item. Fuck.

farisr

Never thought that my brother's joke a few months ago about waiting for Trump to win so the exchange rate will improve and buy stuff on the cheap could actually be a real shot at happening. Holy crap...

orochi91

If Trump goes all protectionist on us, will that make our games and consoles much more pricey?

I was going to hold off on PS4 Pro until Summer 2017, but I feel that our economy/dollar will tank if he does something in office before that.

Might have to pick up a Pro over the next couple days, just in case the price shoots up.

True Fire

If Trump goes all protectionist on us, will that make our games and consoles much more pricey?

I was going to hold off on PS4 Pro until Summer 2017, but I feel that our economy/dollar will tank if he does something in office before that.

Might have to pick up a Pro over the next couple days, just in case the price shoots up.

Trump supports a 30% tariff, so I assume that it would make Nintendo and Sony products significantly more expensive in the States, which would probably still affect us because game publishers hate us.

ssowinski

I got $350 for my OG but it included Battlefront. Immediately pre-ordered Battlefront Ultimate. My second system is close to selling for $350 with NHL 15 and Fallout 4.

Gxgear

Yeah. Trump presidency means we go down the shitter even deeper.

Seeing some folks through various social media channels failing to realize the simple fact that if our biggest trading partner suffers, we will suffer right alongside them.

Gaming prices has always been slow to adjust, the retailers will happily charge the full MSRP in Canada for as long as they can get away with it.

chrono01

I'm glad I got my PS4 Pro today, I'd hate the see the price go up even further because of this. :/

RIP our game prices, though. As if things weren't bad enough.

Been trying to sell my ps4 with 1 TB hard drive and bf1 for $325 without any luck. Just a bunch of people asking if it's still available and then disappearing

baconcow

I shouldn't up my price to $300 instead of $270 for the system, a controller, an HDMI cable and the power cords right?

I wouldn't. In the past week, people could buy a new PS4 Slim with Uncharted 4 (or NHL '17) and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for $380, before taxes. The price, for a used OG PS4 will eventually drop, due to the addition of the PS4 Pro and the fact that you can just get decent Slim bundles. For simplicity, I am just doing the EB Games bundle as it nets me $241.50 and doesn't require the HDMI cable or USB controller cable and is low-hassle compared to dealing with people on Kijiji.

I wouldn't. In the past week, people could buy a new PS4 Slim with Uncharted 4 (or NHL '17) and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for $380, before taxes. The price, for a used OG PS4 will eventually drop, due to the addition of the PS4 Pro and the fact that you can just get decent Slim bundles. For simplicity, I am just doing the EB Games bundle as it nets me $241.50 and doesn't require the HDMI cable or USB controller cable and is low-hassle compared to dealing with people on Kijiji.

How does it net you $241.50?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom