• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually surprised that a lot of people are still buying from them despite the shitty shipping.

I never have. I won some gift cards so I bought Robinson The Journey and now am witness to how fucking awful they are.

Item is In Stock yet even with the fastest shipping it won't arrive for a week. While Best Buy has it in stock and you can get it as soon as tomorrow.

I never have. I won some gift cards so I bought Robinson The Journey and now am witness to how fucking awful they are.

Item is In Stock yet even with the fastest shipping it won't arrive for a week. While Best Buy has it in stock and you can get it as soon as tomorrow.

Awful shipping for awful game? ;-)

antibolo

Banned
I'm actually surprised that a lot of people are still buying from them despite the shitty shipping.

- Prime discounts (without them, digital is generally cheaper than physical because no taxes, so I would just buy digital anyway, as I've almost always done before Amazon started the discounts)
- BB is literally not an option in Québec for many items, and VGP shipping is generally not free so it's poor value
- I order more than just video game stuff from Amazon, so the Prime membership is justified

Aske

I traded my launch PS4 plus 13 various Wii U/ xbone/ PS4 games for $350 store credit towards a pro lol .. they weren't games I touched in forever and have no plan to so it's not too bad :p

That's a lot more money for games than I'd have expected. Was this at Gamestop/EB Games? I was just going to trade in my PS4 towards a pro, but maybe I should unload some games too. Anyone know if PS3/360 games are worth anything as trade-ins?

Edit: Never mind just found TIVS.ca.

Awful shipping for awful game? ;-)

I know what I'm getting into and I'm fine with what the game offers.

I care more about good prices than getting a game day 1 honestly

I don't use Prime so that statement is false other than Prime. Amazon lately has had even higher prices than retail for a lot of things. I purchase a lot of Star Wars and Marvel toys and collectibles and Amazon has many at double the price of retail. No it's not third party sellers.

Prime is also only good for videogame deals unless I'm missing something.

Amazon doesn't even price match either so other than E3 deals their sales and deals are usually awful. Also Wal Mart started the cheap $49 games (BF1, TF2 etc) so they just followed suit to be competitive not because they wanted to.

krae_man

Okay I just got my new credit card in the mail so I have to sort through my emails and figure out the preorders I need to update my credit card on.

I'm running out of decently priced preorders I still have

-Persona 5($35 club represent!)
-Zelda Breath of the Wild($45)
-Last Guardian($40)
-Watch Dogs 2($50)
-South Park Fractured($50)
-Horizon Zero Dawn($50)

I actually still have FFXV and KH3 preordered through Futureshop but I don't need those anymore. Although I kind of want to keep the KH3 one because it could be another 5 years and 5 HD remasters away so I'm curious if Bestbuy will ever hit a break point and just cancel all remaining FS orders.

By March I will have zero preorders left and will be completely away from the get a game day one crowd. Fuck spending $90 on a game.

SickBoy

That's a lot more money for games than I'd have expected. Was this at Gamestop/EB Games? I was just going to trade in my PS4 towards a pro, but maybe I should unload some games too. Anyone know if PS3/360 games are worth anything as trade-ins?

Edit: Never mind just found TIVS.ca.

On their site, they have a relatively up-to-date list that shows what titles qualify for their "Trade More" promo. There's a lot of 360/PS3 stuff in there... the TIVs start at $3, so pretty crappy, but if you've got seven titles you want to trade, consider it all to be stuff worth at least $7 (if you trade in 7 titles you get a bonus $30, so $4.xx in additional credit per title)

TIVS.ca used to be really active, but I think it's pretty outdated nowadays.

@Wreck

Huh. Amazon saying their shipment of Dishonored 2 is delayed? I want to be wtf, but the game backlog from the last 2 weeks is big...

mine says NOV17-21 estimated

so far when i see a possible day 1 delay like that i'm not worried

skyrim and week after estimated but i still got it day one amazon estimated delivery date does not seem to be based in reality

but what ever the discount is there so when ever come will be great!

I wonder if anyone is hyped enough to go to an early opening...

I'm kinda looking forward to messing around with it but I am not excited AT ALL.

I have the day off anyway and still need to restore my backup to the unit. I wouldn't mind getting an early start on that since it takes a few hours to do the restore.

I'm not in a rush to hook mine up because it will make my nerves get shot, and I'll be sweating like a faucet. (No exaggeration.)

I may wait until Friday or Saturday.

Haines

Banned
I'm not in a rush to hook mine up because it will make my nerves get shot, and I'll be sweating like a faucet. (No exaggeration.)

I may wait until Friday or Saturday.

It's the same hook ups as your normal ps4 right? I think you will be alright. I get a Lil antsy with this stuff to.

The first thing I will be doing with mine is swapping out the HDD for an SSHD and initializing the unit before restoring a backup.

Hooking it up is the fun part.

antibolo

Banned
So I've been thinking...

I still have the original box my PS4 came in.

If I trade it in at EBGames in its box, they'll just throw the box away, I assume?

If that's the case then I should really sell it instead huh? Could get some decent money out of a collector who cares about the box...?

So I've been thinking...

If I trade it in at EBGames in its box, they'll just throw the box away, I assume?

If that's the case then I should really sell it instead huh? Could get some decent money out of a collector who cares about the box...?

They might. I wonder if they send the consoles somewhere first, though, because when I traded in my Xbox One they kept most of the box and seemed to allude to that.

I found both boxes, the inner and outer shells, in my closet, so I packed mine up in that. I'm meeting a guy tonight to sell it.

I threw in a cheap HDMI cord my friend gave me (I was using a Monster one I was stupid enough to buy and used the PS4 cord for another system).

lol what? When did that happen?

It's a theory/joke I've seen pop up more than a few times because vendors like EB Games have had the console in stock for up to a week now, just put away in the back room.

Honestly I was surprised we didn't see a bunch of them "fall out of a truck" again like the Slim.

got my pro this morning from amazon, first time ive ever got something before release from them...copying my old stuff from usb hd and downloading the COD patch and ill be good to go.

Past

If you trade in a black PS4, do you also have to include a black dualshock 4? My original controller is broken and I don't have another black dualshock 4.

If you trade in a black PS4, do you also have to include a black dualshock 4? My original controller is broken and I don't have another black dualshock 4.

You should phone but I don't think so.

My plan is to trade in a white dualshock with my black ps4 and a white xbone controller with my black xbox and I think I will be fine.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So I've been thinking...

If you can find someone that wants the box then sell it. PS4 boxes won't be worth anything for a long while though.

MarkusRJR

Did amazon change Prime shipping? Whenever I look on item pages it tells me it'll arrive in 4 or 5 days with Prime, or I can pay $4 per each item to get 2 day shipping.

What the fuck is the point of Prime now? That's nearly comparable to Best Buy's free shipping.

Did amazon change Prime shipping? Whenever I look on item pages it tells me it'll arrive in 4 or 5 days with Prime, or I can pay $4 per each item to get 2 day shipping.

What the fuck is the point of Prime now? That's nearly comparable to Best Buy's free shipping.

Upgrade to Prime Pro.

Maybe need to logout/login? Or you could be on amazon.com instead of .ca? Still works fine for me, though they now say "2-4 days" for some items and "1-2" days for priority

MarkusRJR

Upgrade to Prime Pro.
Should go well with my GAF Gold account. ;)
Maybe need to logout/login? Or you could be on amazon.com instead of .ca? Still works fine for me, though they now say "2-4 days" for some items and "1-2" days for priority
Nah I am on my account and in the right location. It even lists free Standard Shipping as a separate option.

I haven't bought off amazon.ca in a while but it used to say free two day shipping and now it just says free "express" shipping which gives me 4-5 days depending on the item. Then in the shipping settings I have to pay for 2 day priority shipping for $4 per item.

Maybe I live far away from an amazon warehouse, I don't know. But I used to get things in 2 days, even as recently as this summer. Only reason I noticed at all is because something I bought recently is going to take 5 days to get here (not including weekends). Meanwhile, an order at Best Buy (made at the same time) is getting here just a day later with the free shipping

Really makes me want to cancel Prime.

Cant get thru on phone to my local store so asking here: anyone already traded in their xb1 or ps4 to EB for the pro yet? I dont wanna be "that guy" on thursday holding up the long line doing a console trade in to get my pro....can hopefully do it tomorrow, and get the $210 put towards it as a deposit (and still pick up system Thursday)

khaaan

Cant get thru on phone to my local store so asking here: anyone already traded in their xb1 or ps4 to EB for the pro yet? I dont wanna be "that guy" on thursday holding up the long line doing a console trade in to get my pro....can hopefully do it tomorrow, and get the $210 put towards it as a deposit (and still pick up system Thursday)

What are you trying to find out? I haven't traded it in yet but I don't see a problem with trading it in either tomorrow or when you're actually buying the system. The only issue I can see possibly happening is if they don't have enough stock which I'm personally not that worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom