• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
why do you want me to be fat zroid?

image.php

c-murph

How do you hide something so that only people that quote it can see?

More Free Money

Amazon Canada buy a $50 digital gift card apply promo code
Get $10 credit applied to your account
--you can email gift card to yourself--

So, if I buy two $50 gift cards for something I was going to buy anyways, I get two $10 codes emailed to me?

kinger

So, if I buy two $50 gift cards for something I was going to buy anyways, I get two $10 codes emailed to me?
It's only supposed to work once per account (if it works at all), but it's supposedly showing up as valid for subsequent purchases, so if you're going to use that second $50 anyways you could try?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
really? interesting.....

on a side note, I stepped on my dog's bone and rolled my ankle badly. Can't walk up the stairs to play video games so i'm now lying on the couch. maaannnnn

The doctor becomes the patient.

jholmes

Ubisoft sale on the eShop. Wonder if I should pick up ZombiU for $10
Guess I'll play the demo.

It's actually been even cheaper physical at Best Buy. Crazy I know. Rayman Legends is a steal at $10, and I'd say ACIV and Cloudberry Kingdom are worth the price. Worth noting we get the same sale prices as the U.S. so it's like a double sale.

FYI this sale ends tomorrow, though, so time is running out.

How long ago did the nuggets deal at Burger King expire? I went there tonight after the movies, hoping it was still on but assuming it wasn't, and it was not. I wasn't going to pay $6 for nuggets, so I just went with two $1.50 chicken burgers and a large fry to add on to my popcorn I ate at the movies.

Of course, as I was driving home and started to dig into the fries, they were ice cold.

DJ_Lae

so Batman is $40 and Fallout4 is $50. any word on GOTY editions hitting soon for either of these games?

Batman probably won't take too long, although I wouldn't hold my breath for a Fallout 4 GOTY edition - I don't even know if they have a date for the first piece of DLC yet.

A bit off topic, but what are some opinions on Lay's wasabi ginger chips?

Had some today for the first time and my gawd...
they're fucking delicious

Sora_N

A bit off topic, but what are some opinions on Lay's wasabi ginger chips?

Had some today for the first time and my gawd...
they're fucking delicious

I had them one or two weeks ago, I love kettle cooked and this one was pretty yummy. I love wasabi too, I don't like ginger but the ginger part was light.

I had them one or two weeks ago, I love kettle cooked and this one was pretty yummy. I love wasabi too, I don't like ginger but the ginger part was light.

I enjoyed the ginger, and the soy sauce flavor was actually pretty good.

I can't really see this flavor lasting too long, but I'm glad I tried it.

so Batman is $40 and Fallout4 is $50. any word on GOTY editions hitting soon for either of these games?

Fallout 4 pretty much guaranteed to get a re-release with all its DLC, Oblivion did, Fallout 3 did, Skyrim did, hell I think even Fallout New Vegas did, but its not gonna happen for a while.

What's my best bet for cheap but decent quality N3DS and N3DSXL cases? I want to get one to protect my Pokemon N3DS from dust, and one to protect/keep my XL safe when I take it out places.

I see an I-Con case for the 3DS XL (I think) at Walmart for less than $8. Is the no name brand and cheap price indicative of it being ass?

I'd prefer not to buy online, as I have no CC.

Fallout 4 pretty much guaranteed to get a re-release with all its DLC, Oblivion did, Fallout 3 did, Skyrim did, hell I think even Fallout New Vegas did, but its not gonna happen for a while.

Yeah

New Vegas definitely did. I bought the game at launch, but it was too glitchy to play, and I didn't get to it again until after the GOTY was out. So, I used a $20 off at FS coupon and bought the GOTY for $20 or less when it was on sale, played all of the DLC using it, then traded it back in for more than I paid.

Save the money for NX. Better yet, get the $10 off on $50 Amazon gift card. Perfect to use for Nintendo's upcoming console

Assuming the code works for them. Is it strange that I'm still ticked it didn't work for me even though they gave me the $10 credit without having to buy the gift cert?

Save the money for NX. Better yet, get the $10 off on $50 Amazon gift card. Perfect to use for Nintendo's upcoming console

I'm not usually an early adopter for new consoles though. I'm intrigued by NX but I'd rather take a wait-and-see approach to what features they offer and what its library looks like (Did the same thing with the 3DS, didn't get it until I saw releases like Kid Icarus: Uprising, Pokemon X, etc).

Elitist1945

My Razer Krakens are in need of retiring, so what are some good headsets? They don't have to be 'Gaming Headsets', but preferably something similar to Krakens (comfy, 7.1 surround etc). Thanks!

Lexxism

Assuming the code works for them. Is it strange that I'm still ticked it didn't work for me even though they gave me the $10 credit without having to buy the gift cert?
Not really strange. It's probably those rare breed of CSR where they give free credits for no reason. Also, try buying the amazon gift so that you can get an extra $10 off.

I'm not usually an early adopter for new consoles though. I'm intrigued by NX but I'd rather take a wait-and-see approach to what features they offer and what its library looks like (Did the same thing with the 3DS, didn't get it until I saw releases like Kid Icarus: Uprising, Pokemon X, etc).
Ah, yeah. Also, looks like the $10 off will only last till May anyway.

My Razer Krakens are in need of retiring, so what are some good headsets? They don't have to be 'Gaming Headsets', but preferably something similar to Krakens (comfy, 7.1 surround etc). Thanks!

Hardware Canucks recently released a video that covers a variety of gaming and regular headphones: https://youtu.be/mgCMRai9K8I

I like the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X, though I might consider picking up open headphones eventually. I've never had good experiences with gaming headsets personally, particularly surround sound versions.

ohlawd

welp, I don't qualify for the $10 Amazon code

not getting that "Congrats. Your purchase qualifies you for .ca credit" when I put in the 0316GIFTCA promo code at checkout. anyone have to bug CS for this or should I not bother? >_>

Lexxism

welp, I don't qualify for the $10 Amazon code

not getting that "Congrats. Your purchase qualifies you for .ca credit" when I put in the 0316GIFTCA promo code at checkout. anyone have to bug CS for this or should I not bother? >_>
So, you don't see this message when you are about to place your order?
Important message
Congratulations. Your purchase qualifies you for an Amazon.ca credit. A $10 promotional code will be automatically applied to your account and emailed to you within three (3) days after shipping.
If it's not working, then contact the CSR and tell them that the code is not working. They will usually try it and see if the code is working. They did that to me yesterday.

ohlawd

So, you don't see this message when you are about to place your order?

If it's not working, then contact the CSR and tell them that the code is not working. They will usually try it and see if the code is working. They did that to me yesterday.
yeah I don't see that message. tbf this ad is targeted and I didn't make the cut lol.

terrible

Banned
I got the email saying I got the $10 added but have no clue where it shows up in my account. My gift card balance is unchanged.

Hardware Canucks recently released a video that covers a variety of gaming and regular headphones: https://youtu.be/mgCMRai9K8I

I like the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X, though I might consider picking up open headphones eventually. I've never had good experiences with gaming headsets personally, particularly surround sound versions.

Gah! I bought by ATH-M50's just before they announced the M50X. Would have preferred those for the swapable cables. I don't need another set of headphones...seriously. But I feel compelled to buy the Sennheiser G4ME ZERO.

Only question is...

White...

518Kly7aaaL.jpg

or Black...

51hGrH11NVL.jpg

NYR

Gah! I bought by ATH-M50's just before they announced the M50X. Would have preferred those for the swapable cables. I don't need another set of headphones...seriously. But I feel compelled to buy the Sennheiser G4ME ZERO.

Only question is...

White...

518Kly7aaaL.jpg

or Black...

51hGrH11NVL.jpg

Whatever one you like more? I think White looks more unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom