• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlawd

CS dude was vague as hell. he said I'll see the credit applied in a couple of days but iunno man. I couldn't save the transcript either because the option went off to lala land.

c-murph

Gah! I bought by ATH-M50's just before they announced the M50X. Would have preferred those for the swapable cables. I don't need another set of headphones...seriously. But I feel compelled to buy the Sennheiser G4ME ZERO.

Only question is...

White...

518Kly7aaaL.jpg

or Black...

51hGrH11NVL.jpg

Once you go Black...

NYR

Can I no longer update my Future Shop pre-orders? My CC # changed and I need to update the orders and the links in the e-mail just forward to bestbuy.ca.

Lexxism

Can I no longer update my Future Shop pre-orders? My CC # changed and I need to update the orders and the links in the e-mail just forward to bestbuy.ca.
You can. You just need your order # and bestbuy will change it. I just did it a few days ago when I changed my CC.

Sora_N

I enjoyed the ginger, and the soy sauce flavor was actually pretty good.

I can't really see this flavor lasting too long, but I'm glad I tried it.

I want to pick up a bag now but I have a bunch of canker sores and life sucks, hah.

Dat wasabi, so good lol.

Parapraxis

I want to pick up a bag now but I have a bunch of canker sores and life sucks, hah.

Dat wasabi, so good lol.

This post is TOTALLY random, but if you are prone to canker sores I actually read a post earlier today on another that may be of interest to you.

One downside to SLS is that in toothpaste, it can create micro-abrasions in the soft tissue of your mouth. Some people are highly prone to canker sores (read:me) and these act as nucleation sites for sores. I spent the first half of my life brushing with regular toothpaste and suffering canker sores, but since moving to SLS free toothpaste, my life has improved drastically.
The thing about SLS free toothpaste is that many of them also eschew fluoride. So you have to find an SLS free toothpaste that also has fluoride.

Oh yeah SLS=sodium lauryl sulfate
Just thought I'd share lol.

khaaan

Any good deals on monitors ? I'm looking to upgrade to one that is full 1080p and only want to spend about $200 max

Do you have any requirements? You have a decent selection of monitors with a budget of $200 regardless of whether they're on sale. Things like size, panel type, and response time are going to filter out what's really available.

I don't think there are any particular deals on monitors though.

Fularu

Banned
Do you have any requirements? You have a decent selection of monitors with a budget of $200 regardless of whether they're on sale. Things like size, panel type, and response time are going to filter out what's really available.

I don't think there are any particular deals on monitors though.
There is on Dell.ca there's also 13% at ebates and a 10% off code

I don't know why I do it, but I saw the Uncharted 4 DualShock 4 at Walmart tonight, was surprised by it being out so early, and bought it for $79.98. It's super expensive, and I don't even particularly like the colour, but it's a new controller variant.

I'll likely return it, though, because it's hard to justify.

I also bought that I-CON 3DS case I was talking about. It's actually pretty good for $8, especially given the more expensive alternatives they had which were shit. However, it was the only one they had and someone had left it open, so it's got some dust in it and I may return it because of that.

Xenoflare

I don't know why I do it, but I saw the Uncharted 4 DualShock 4 at Walmart tonight, was surprised by it being out so early, and bought it for $79.98. It's super expensive, and I don't even particularly like the colour, but it's a new controller variant.

I'll likely return it, though, because it's hard to justify.

I also bought that I-CON 3DS case I was talking about. It's actually pretty good for $8, especially given the more expensive alternatives they had which were shit. However, it was the only one they had and someone had left it open, so it's got some dust in it and I may return it because of that.

You sure do return a lot of the stuff you buy lol, although back when the IPS/TN N3DSXLs are all the jazz I lost my activity logs because of transferring and returning lol

You sure do return a lot of the stuff you buy lol, although back when the IPS/TN N3DSXLs are all the jazz I lost my activity logs because of transferring and returning lol

I honestly haven't returned anything major in quite some time. But I have bought some controllers and decided against keeping them in the past, like the 20th Anniversary DS4 (chose the Black Ops one over it) and the Halo 5 Locke controller.

I get buyer's remorse, because I don't make much money.

Sora_N

This post is TOTALLY random, but if you are prone to canker sores I actually read a post earlier today on another that may be of interest to you.

Oh yeah SLS=sodium lauryl sulfate
Just thought I'd share lol.

Thanks, actually not random. :p

I got really fed up today and I googled for what I can do, and also found the SLS issue.

There's nothing really to help it heal so I just dabbed salt onto it until it hurt like hell because I was so fed up. Probably helped kill any bacteria since it feels a bit better now.

I went out and bought some new toothpaste without SLS.

VAndy123m

Neo Member
im sorry i live in the u.s. so forgive my ignorance but i hear that gaming in Canada is a lot more expensive cause of the low value of Canada's currency

SickBoy

I'm kinda prone to canker sores. If I hurt the inside of my cheek, it's about 50-50 that I'll get one... I never knew about that toothpaste thing, but FYI, there is a product you should be able to find at Shoppers called Canka (or Kanka, not sure), which does a great job on them. It seems to help heal, and it also has a numbing agent (and creates a sort of film over the sore) that helps alleviate most of the discomfort.

ohlawd

im sorry i live in the u.s. so forgive my ignorance but i hear that gaming in Canada is a lot more expensive cause of the low value of Canada's currency

yep, more expensive here for gaming if you buy games straight up. Sensible Canadians wait for 30% off deals that happen around E3 (month of June) time

srsly tho Canada is just a shit country. nothing of value up here tbh

kswiston

It's more expensive from our perspective since most of our wages didn't go up 30% in the last 2 years, but if you want to do the exchange rate thing, I guess we pay the same or slightly less than you guys for most games.

yep, more expensive here for gaming if you buy games straight up. Sensible Canadians wait for 30% off deals that happen around E3 (month of June) time

srsly tho Canada is just a shit country. nothing of value up here tbh

As a somewhat recent parent without private healthcare at the moment, I will take tax paid access to universal healthcare over $60 games. Not having to pay the average $3.5k charge for the hospital delivery of a child buys you a lot of $20 price hikes on new games.

ohlawd

As a somewhat recent parent without private healthcare at the moment, I will take tax paid access to universal healthcare over $60 games. Not having to pay the average $3.5k charge for the hospital delivery of a child buys you a lot of $20 price hikes on new games.

chill dude. I'm joking

jholmes

I just got the Amazon $10 credit and I bought the gift card about this time last night so I wouldn't get too worked up, guys. I didn't bother a CS, I didn't get a confirmation email about the credit when I bought the card or get anything other than a vague "code confirmed" message when I put it in at checkout, and I didn't use the credit before I got the email about the credit. Amazon's just taking a while to process the credit, I guess.

Qwyjibo

*checks into ebates*

I have really been missing out. How is this goodness possible? What am I missing?
Ebates is great if you shop often at their affiliated online retailers. Even better when there is a promo going on. I bought a monitor from Dell last summer and got ~$80 back from Ebates on it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
*checks into ebates*

I have really been missing out. How is this goodness possible? What am I missing?
You're not missing anything except a cheque from ebates because you didn't sign up sooner. If you use a referral then you'll get that person $10.

eBates is great. I've been using their US and Canadian sites for years. The obvious trade off is that they know what I buy, but for the few hundred dollars received, I'm okay with that.

Sora_N

Which toothpaste did you buy? Fuck canker sores.

Sensodyne Pro Enamel doesn't have SLS.

Toms or the other natural toothpaste don't too but they cost more.

I'm just gonna stock up one pro enamel when they go on sale. I paid full price just because I'm tired of not being able to brush properly. It hurts less to brush when I use it.

I'm kinda prone to canker sores. If I hurt the inside of my cheek, it's about 50-50 that I'll get one... I never knew about that toothpaste thing, but FYI, there is a product you should be able to find at Shoppers called Canka (or Kanka, not sure), which does a great job on them. It seems to help heal, and it also has a numbing agent (and creates a sort of film over the sore) that helps alleviate most of the discomfort.

Yeah I've been using the orajel one. I prefer it over Kanka because it is less messy.

For me it's 90% that I'll get a sore developed lol. I usually don't eat fried stuff or crunchy stuff but my current sores are from me biting my lip on two spots.

Consumer

So is there anywhere to buy PSN funds in Canada digitally (via email delivery) without paying extra fees? The PS store won't accept my cards anymore for some reason, and Sony suggested I buy from Amazon to have a code physically shipped to me... Fuck that.

Alternatively, if anyone has a spare PSN code they don't need, I'll buy ~$100 worth via PayPal.

So is there anywhere to buy PSN funds in Canada digitally (via email delivery) without paying extra fees? The PS store won't accept my cards anymore for some reason, and Sony suggested I buy from Amazon to have a code physically shipped to me... Fuck that.

Alternatively, if anyone has a spare PSN code they don't need, I'll buy ~$100 worth via PayPal.

Staples?

I don't think there were any extra fees associated with them.

Lexxism

Staples & ToysRus

imBask

Banned
I went to best buy yesterday since I needed something and I was already near one, waited for a long ass time for an employee to free up just to get told they didn't have any more in stock

went home and ordered the same thing for cheaper on amazon, with free shipping. This is why your business model is going to die, Best Buy.

/dumb rant

FrsDvl

How much do you guys recon i can sell my PS4 for? 1 controller, 4 disc games, 5 digital games. I put it up for 400, not sure if that's too much to ask for.

imBask

Banned
How much do you guys recon i can sell my PS4 for? 1 controller, 4 disc games, 5 digital games. I put it up for 400, not sure if that's too much to ask for.

I don't know about other people, but I wouldn't want to use your PSN so those 5 digital games are useless in that deal...

Maximus.

I went to best buy yesterday since I needed something and I was already near one, waited for a long ass time for an employee to free up just to get told they didn't have any more in stock

went home and ordered the same thing for cheaper on amazon, with free shipping. This is why your business model is going to die, Best Buy.

/dumb rant

A manager at one store told me the website/app accurately tells you about store stock. So if you find the item on the website and it says it's out of stock, that is accurate. When I asked for stock of something once he pulled his phone out and told me this haha. I agree though, they are generally really slow and don't have enough employees available.

You don't have to use it though. The games are downloaded, and you can play them from any account.

Edmonton, and no not shipping it

$400 is a bit much, assuming the games are somewhat old.

Remember though someone with $400 to spend on a ps4 has other options, like eBay clearances or refurb deals here and there.

As strange as that sounds...might be better off selling system on its own. Unless your bundle is a really good value, you'd have more luck selling barebones system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom