• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's the regular edition you'll probably be fine if you're polite and try a few of them

If it's for the CE then you're out of luck, it's unavailable on PC.

So I tried to get Amazon to change the platform from PS4 to PC and was incredibly polite buy they told me there was no option to do this. Basically saying they cant apply promotions to items before or after a promotion has ended.

canadian gaming is so expensive...

hesitant to buy a new game in case i dont like it.
havent bought division, fallout, tomb raider, mgs v,...

we really need prices to come down or have more sales

imBask

Banned

i'd be interested to see a study on piracy in Canada ever since the $80 price tag appeared

i'd be interested to see a study on piracy in Canada ever since the $80 price tag appeared

i would probably start pirating more if i played only sp games, but then we would need to live with our shitty bandwith limit lol or pay a fortune to have unlimited

Those games have been part of many 30-20% off pre-order promos for the past few years...

Edit: If you're a PC gamer you could probably find affordable keys for every major releases

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads

last game I bought full price was MGSV granted I also had a gift card. Next game I buy full price is uncharted 4

killroy87

I'd be interested in seeing that too, I'd place my bets on it not having changed that much. Pirating is a point of view from people that hate the idea of paying full price. If someone would rather illegally download a game than pay $79, they probably weren't going to do it at $65-69 either. That $15 isn't a deal breaker.

I'd be interested in seeing that too, I'd place my bets on it not having changed that much. Pirating is a point of view from people that hate the idea of paying full price. If someone would rather illegally download a game than pay $79, they probably weren't going to do it at $65-69 either. That $15 isn't a deal breaker.

lol for me it is. i dont want to pay $80. its psychological.

imBask

Banned

eh, I disagree. that $15 x 2-3-4 games a month is huge when you're on a budget

killroy87

eh, I disagree. that $15 x 2-3-4 games a month is huge when you're on a budget

I'm not saying it isn't a difference. I'm saying that for people who are pirating games, they aren't doing so primarily because they jumped up $15. They're doing so because it's easy and they don't want to pay for games.

Don't get me wrong, I buy fewer games now too. But I'm not pirating the ones I'm not buying.

imBask

Banned
I'm not saying it isn't a difference. I'm saying that for people who are pirating games, they aren't doing so primarily because they jumped up $15. They're doing so because it's easy and they don't want to pay for games.

Don't get me wrong, I buy fewer games now too. But I'm not pirating the ones I'm not buying.

you're generalizing a bit ;) it's not all black or white, there's a grey area in between "i'm never ever pirating anything" and "I pirate because I hate paying any amount of money"

not trying to justify it, just saying i'm sure piracy went up a bit

I paid with US dollars on Amazon.ca when the dollar was at its lowest and before they updated prices to $80~..... basically paid ~40 USD for new games. Street Fighter V, MGSV, Uncharted Collection, and soon to be Uncharted/Horizon and even TLG :D

Timing is everything when you buy stuff when dollar drops. Timing is everything.... at least that's what Bloodborne taught me.

It was combined with the E3 sales so that's why it got so cheap :)

iiicon

Yep. The only full price game since the increase I've even considered buying is Bravely Second, which I don't think has been available to pre-order during any promo.

No_Style

does anyone have experience recently changing their credit card with a future shop offer? my credit card will expire by the end of the month. I have feared this day for 3 years ._.

Don't worry. If it is expired, they will actually give you notice and ask you to contact them to correct it. They say they'll cancel it if they don't hear from you but they don't give a time frame.

khaaan

does anyone have experience recently changing their credit card with a future shop offer? my credit card will expire by the end of the month. I have feared this day for 3 years ._.

Yeah, you gotta call in. They have to change each order individually so you have to call in. One guy I got didn't seem familiar with how to access FS orders so I had to get re-routed to someone else, but after that it was relatively painless.

Those games have been part of many 30-20% off pre-order promos for the past few years...

Edit: If you're a PC gamer you could probably find affordable keys for every major releases

+1. And also many people selling their e3 preorders at cost on redflagdeals (notice how many people selling division for $60 on day 1)

And then use trade ins. $60 day 1 could be traded in 3-6 months later for $30-$40. Just got $39 for tomb raider!

Ryde3

My buddy is looking to buy an Xbox One today... the best deals I saw were at the Microsoft Store.

400$ for a 1TB console + The Division
250$ for a 500GB console + Gears or Tomb Raider or Forza or Rare Replay.

Is there anything else going on right now? I recall someone posting a refurbished link not too long ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated. He's interested in COD but there doesn't seem to be any bundles right now.

An update if anyone's interested, my buddy for the 400$ w/ Division bundle from the MSFT store, and also got a 50$ credit and price matched Best Buy for COD:BLOPS3, and also got a free game choice of Watch Dogs/Unity/The crew. Not a bad deal imo.

The dollar's almost at 0.76. $59.99 == $79.14. If this keeps up by this time next year I might finally be able to upgrade my half-broken Nexus 4.

Anth0ny

Gotta call in. Not sure if they'll make you reorder though.

Don't worry. If it is expired, they will actually give you notice and ask you to contact them to correct it. They say they'll cancel it if they don't hear from you but they don't give a time frame.

Yeah, you gotta call in. They have to change each order individually so you have to call in. One guy I got didn't seem familiar with how to access FS orders so I had to get re-routed to someone else, but after that it was relatively painless.

Sounds good. Thanks friends!

Banned
My buddy is looking to buy an Xbox One today... the best deals I saw were at the Microsoft Store.

400$ for a 1TB console + The Division
250$ for a 500GB console + Gears or Tomb Raider or Forza or Rare Replay.

Is there anything else going on right now? I recall someone posting a refurbished link not too long ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated. He's interested in COD but there doesn't seem to be any bundles right now.
Whoa $250? Where is that? That's an awesome price!

Edit: you lie.

Sealtest

Has anyone ever purchased from DirectCanada.com? In need of a Power Supply and they're coming up as the cheapest to buy from.

Bought a few PC parts from them over the years and they're great.

I did have them email me exactely one year after they shipped me one of my orders saying that the same exact shipment had shipped again but it was just an error. Besides that they're great.

Has anyone ever purchased from DirectCanada.com? In need of a Power Supply and they're coming up as the cheapest to buy from.

Ive almost exclusively purchased computer hardware from direct canada for the last 6 years. I find they are always the cheapest and their shipping is quite fast.

They are owned by the parent company Netlink computers who also owns NCIX and MemoryExpress

I haven't bought anything from them in a long time but I believe they are (or were) an NCIX sister company. I never had a problem with them.

Bought a few PC parts from them over the years and they're great.

I did have them email me exactely one year after they shipped me one of my orders saying that the same exact shipment had shipped again but it was just an error. Besides that they're great.

Ive almost exclusively purchased computer hardware from direct canada for the last 6 years. I find they are always the cheapest and their shipping is quite fast.

They are owned by the parent company Netlink computers who also owns NCIX and MemoryExpress

Awesome. Thanks gents! Any opinion on EVGA Supernova 650 GS power supply?

Mupod

Sounds good. Thanks friends!

For what it's worth I had to call in back in 2014 to update my address on a few orders. FS was still alive then but their website was super garbage and you couldn't change credit card addresses without breaking everything. They ended up manually reordering a few things...which resulted in them screwing up and me getting mario kart 8 for 30.

At any rate I'll be in your same situation for Zelda U. Card will definitely be expired by the time that ships. But I'm riding that $40 bus all the way to 2017 if I have to

khaaan

Gonna cancel my $59.99 Pokken to stick to my gaming budget :(

Didn't realize my PS+ ran out this month. I kind of regret renewing though cause I'm not really going to be playing much Street Fighter until the tutorials are added and there's no other MP game I play on my PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom