• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon

Banned
Robbers double billed me and I had to go through 3 customer service reps to finally be credited and I still don't know if they credited it correctly since it takes 5 business days to show up.

If I hadn't contacted them I would have been ripped off. I feel like filing complaints to the BBB or something.

I asked for a small additional credit applied to my account to be compensated because of them wasting my time and potentially ripping me off, and they said they couldn't credit me a single dollar and refused.

SickBoy

FWIW, a lot of those games are priced the same @EB. I thought about picking up Siege because I've got an Edge Platinum card, which would give me the opportunity to return it within 7 days if I hated it or sucked terribly at it (likely the latter).

Also, am I late to the party in noticing the apparent increase in n3DS price? Base price looks like $240 now, where it was once $230 (or was that $220?).

I really didn't have much cause to buy one, but have even less now.

Consumer

Staples?

I don't think there were any extra fees associated with them.

Welp, I might've fucked up.

I bought x2 PSN cards and x1 PS+ without checking the total cost. It appears there are extra costs -- $20 worth of tax. Fuck...

Their email shows a $150 total so I really don't know what to believe. I don't even have $170 in my chequings account, so this could be trouble for me if I overdraft.

EDIT: Looks like I didn't actually get charged tax.

neeksleep

Robbers double billed me and I had to go through 3 customer service reps to finally be credited and I still don't know if they credited it correctly since it takes 5 business days to show up.

If I hadn't contacted them I would have been ripped off. I feel like filing complaints to the BBB or something.

I asked for a small additional credit applied to my account to be compensated because of them wasting my time and potentially ripping me off, and they said they couldn't credit me a single dollar and refused.

Honestly, try the CRTC and give them the information of the person you were on the line with, etc. You'd be surprised what you can get when you have a legit complaint and go aboe their heads.

Welp, I might've fucked up.

I bought x2 PSN cards and x1 PS+ without checking the total cost. It appears there are extra costs -- $20 worth of tax. Fuck...

Their email shows a $150 total so I really don't know what to believe. I don't even have $170 in my chequings account, so this could be trouble for me if I overdraft.

I remember one of them saying they charged me tax but when I checked my actual credit card transaction there was no tax.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So is there anywhere to buy PSN funds in Canada digitally (via email delivery) without paying extra fees? The PS store won't accept my cards anymore for some reason, and Sony suggested I buy from Amazon to have a code physically shipped to me... Fuck that.

Alternatively, if anyone has a spare PSN code they don't need, I'll buy ~$100 worth via PayPal.
Did you recently switch CCs? If not, you can go through PayPal.
These companies gotta get their heads outta their asses...

Consumer

Did you recently switch CCs? If not, you can go through PayPal.
These companies gotta get their heads outta their asses...

Trust me, I've exhausted all my options. Haven't switched CCs and PayPal doesn't work either. I've contacted my bank, PayPal, and Sony, and the issue is 100% on Sony's end. My account isn't locked or anything, and all my information is valid, so... there's no real explanation for this BS, really. Sony haven't got a damn clue what's causing this issue for myself and many others, and instead just tell us to buy PSN cards from 3rd party sites.

I'm pretty amazed at how Sony constantly gets away with PSN issues. Whether it be security issues or PS Store problems, nobody at Sony really seems to give a shit.

My Dad got a call at 7am the other morning, from someone saying he was from his credit card company. He had the name and the first four numbers of the card, and said that fraudulent charges were placed on his card, from Western Union and Ebay.

They then asked him to go on his computer, which is when it dawned on him that it was a scam. Thankfully. So he cancelled the cards.

TUSR

Banned
My Dad got a call at 7am the other morning, from someone saying he was from his credit card company. He had the name and the first four numbers of the card, and said that fraudulent charges were placed on his card, from Western Union and Ebay.

They then asked him to go on his computer, which is when it dawned on him that it was a scam. Thankfully. So he cancelled the cards.
The first 4 digits of credit cards are unique to banks, not the CC holder iirc.

Do you have any requirements? You have a decent selection of monitors with a budget of $200 regardless of whether they're on sale. Things like size, panel type, and response time are going to filter out what's really available.

I don't think there are any particular deals on monitors though.

In terms of size I want one that is 23-25 inches since 23 inches is the size of my current one. Panel type can be whatever I guess as I'm not going to be super picky about it.

As far as refresh rate I'd prefer one that is 1 or 2ms

There is on Dell.ca there's also 13% at ebates and a 10% off code

I'll look into both of those and see what I can find

mdubs

Banned
Ordered a book from amazon, saw it was being shipped via Dynamex, cringed internally.

Tracking showed that it would be delivered by 9:00PM today. Updated 10 minutes ago to say it was accepted at my door at 5:59PM

Was home the entire time, no doorbells rung, no sign of package.

rip

Ordered a book from amazon, saw it was being shipped via Dynamex, cringed internally.

Tracking showed that it would be delivered by 9:00PM today. Updated 10 minutes ago to say it was accepted at my door at 5:59PM

rip

They need to stop that.

Sajjaja

That's what I was thinking, as it seems to be like that for debit cards. I've just never had a credit card.

Yup that's correct. First 4 to 8 numbers can be specific to a bank, for both a credit card or debit card. It's the last 8 numbers that are more specific to a cardholder.

jholmes

rip

I've had that happen with UPS, and then they deliver it first thing tomorrow.

The upside to this is if you complain, Amazon will presumably replace the item and stop using Dynamex to ship to you. That's what happened to me.

Sora_N

Dynamex is the worst company. It baffles me that a corporation like Amazon chooses to use them, they're pure crap

My replacement copy of Stella Glow was sent to my flex delivery address, and that post office is also a convenience store.

The store clerk signed for it but they didn't put a name on the package so they sent it straight back to Dynamex and then eventually it got back to Amazon.

Super annoying.

Anyways, anyone try returning past 30 days at Amazon? I am 2 days past.

EDIT: It worked, lol. I asked nicely.

EDIT 2: If anyone wants Bravely Second Collector's Edition please let me know. I have 2 orders, one from Amazon.ca and one from Best Buy. I'm not gonna pay $109.99 for them, if there's an easy way to transfer the orders or if you want to pay me by PayPal the week before it comes out and I will change the shipping address 3 weeks before it comes out or something. If it's too much hassle I won't do it, I'm too busy. I will try to work with you if you really want it though.

terrible

Banned

rip

My delivery date for something shipped by Canada Post was today. It didn't even go out for delivery. They've always been reliable for me so they're allowed this one screw up
;)

EDIT 2: If anyone wants Bravely Second Collector's Edition please let me know. I have 2 orders, one from Amazon.ca and one from Best Buy. I'm not gonna pay $109.99 for them, if there's an easy way to transfer the orders or if you want to pay me by PayPal the week before it comes out and I will change the shipping address 3 weeks before it comes out or something. If it's too much hassle I won't do it, I'm too busy. I will try to work with you if you really want it though.

Easiest way for Amazon would be to have the seller send you a gift card for the amount, you apply it to the order, then change the shipping address to theirs.

shezbot

Naughty Dog digital sale incoming on PSN....
(Up to 75% off / 85% off with Plus)

PSN online store shows ads, but still directs to the Assassin's Creed sale which ends today.

UPDATE:
I can see the following (all Plus discounted)

PS3
Jak & Daxter (PS2) - $1.59
Last of Us - $5.99
Uncharted - $2.99
Uncharted 2 GOTY - $2.99
Uncharted 3 - $3.99

VITA
Jak & Dexter Collection - $8.09

UNRELATED
Tembo the Elephant (Sega) - PS4 - $5.99 (1 cent cheaper than Xbox One)

Yasumi

Banned
Both versions of Senran Kagura Estival Versus are a fair bit below retail price.

PS4 version is $74.99+tax retail, $49.99 digital.
Vita version is $64.99+tax retail, $39.99 digital.

Ondore

I think the physical versions of the Senrans have some feelies: an art book and trading cards. Hence the physical premium.

Both versions of Senran Kagura Estival Versus are a fair bit below retail price.

PS4 version is $74.99+tax retail, $49.99 digital.
Vita version is $64.99+tax retail, $39.99 digital.

Yeah I believe Digimon Cyber Slueth is in a similar pricing scenario as well. So basically, if you're a nerd who likes niche Japanese games and you want to save money in this economic shitshow period, then you might as well just go digital.

Transformers Devastation is $30 at Best Buy
Project Cars is $25 at Best Buy
I recommend Transformers Devastation to anyone that hasn't played it, one of my favorite games this gen.

jzbluz

How do you hide something so that only people that quote it can see?

Thanks.

Yeah. Seems easier then trying to figure out how to hide the whole thing.

More Free Money

Amazon Canada buy a $50 digital gift card apply promo code
Get $10 credit applied to your account
--you can email gift card to yourself--

Thanks! Finally got around to trying this. The promo code didn't work for me, but I got a csr to manually add the promotional credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom