• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

Wait what? Trading in your PS4 at EBGames gives you the sales tax on it as well?
Yeah.

So basically, if you're trading in towards Pro, the Pro will cost you (500-210)+tax. Rather than (500+tax) - 210.

This is actually the reason I didn't bother to sell my xbox one on kijiji when I wanted to buy the S. The price ebgames was offering was netting me more thanks to the tax savings than what the console was going for on kijiji and ebay at the time.

True Fire

So, is the CAD going to tank more?

Trump wants America to become 100% energy independent, and he wants to punish companies for doing business in foreign countries. So yes, our dollar will tank. Trudeau needs to act quickly on his infrastructure and renewable energy plans, but in the long run Canada will need to seriously reinvent itself so we're not paying 999 CAD for a PS5.

Oneself

Trump wants America to become 100% energy independent, and he wants to punish companies for doing business in foreign countries. So yes, our dollar will tank. Trudeau needs to act quickly on his infrastructure and renewable energy plans, but in the long run Canada will need to seriously reinvent itself so we're not paying 999 CAD for a PS5.
It can't happen within 4 years. The CAD will always tank but hey.

Mikey Jr.

Isn't trump for the keystone xl?

Reich

Need a gamepad for my new build pc.

I already have a DS4, but its look like it doesnt work with all game.

Should i buy a xone pad?

Any deals? Black friday maybe.

chaosaeon

Anything going to happen with the dollar now that the US just charted a course directly into a toilet ?
Edit : Oh, so if anything, it'll get worse. Great. $100 games incoming ?

DoctorWho said:
They need to put up NES Classic orders while everyone is distracted.

Amen. Friday is going to be a disaster if stores like EBG are just "show up and see!".

Anything going to happen with the dollar now that the US just charted a course directly into a toilet ?
Edit : Oh, so if anything, it'll get worse. Great. $100 games incoming ?

The financial markets are always "seeking" stability. Today we are basically at peak instability because the markets were not prepared for this result. Things will settle down some through December, and then it will get stirred up again in January when Trump takes office. Beyond that how long the settling takes (or in what shape) depends a lot on how quickly actions happen. Hell I don't think the Republicans even have an exact plan moving forward.

Historically, democratic governments move *really* slowly, because getting people to agree on anything turns out to be really damn difficult, even in the same party. So things will settle. What is completely unknown right now is what is the "New Normal" in 2017 - the baseline that the markets will settle to. So I don't think you need to expect $100 games, but I would expect turbulent markets for awhile followed by a lot of political maneuvering (first within the US, then by everyone else) to feel out how things might work.

Yasumi

Banned
Yeah but who would normally spend $200 on both games combined?

You guys are crazy. You make the Trekkies paying three times as much for TV show seasons seem rational
Of course not, buying both versions separately would've been ridiculous, but getting two versions for the price of the cheaper version certainly made it enticing.

Have we received any indication of allocation for the NES Mini at Best Buy, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart and EB Games?

This thing releases in less than 3 days and no stock quantities floating around is really not a good sign. Have these things even showed up at these stores yet?

Have we received any indication of allocation for the NES Mini at Best Buy, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart and EB Games?

This thing releases in less than 3 days and no stock quantities floating around is really not a good sign. Have these things even showed up at these stores yet?

Talks of 40+ at Wal-Mart and 6-12 at EB Games.

r3n4ud

All you fucking guys stay away from my local Walmart. I wanna pick up a few for Christmas gifts.

There better not be loads of people waiting for the store to open. I ain't making no mad dash for these things.

BadWolf

All you fucking guys stay away from my local Walmart. I wanna pick up a few for Christmas gifts.

There better not be loads of people waiting for the store to open. I ain't making no mad dash for these things.

Where is it located?

So I can make sure to stay away from it.

@Wreck

i don't feel like there's going to be a mad dash man, you should be able to walk into walmart and grab one

mines at ebgames they said pre-orders are crazy but i'd take that with a grain of salt....

i don't feel like there's going to be a mad dash man, you should be able to walk into walmart and grab one

mines at ebgames they said pre-orders are crazy but i'd take that with a grain of salt....

What is at EB Games? Pre-Orders? No one did pre-orders for the NES Mini?

Are you confusing this with the PS4 Pro?

Grimsen

Man, I have a friend willing to buy my PS4, but I'm still undecided on the Pro. I sill play on 1080p screens.

Skyrim doesn't seem to have any meaningful upgrades besides supersampling.
Tomb Raider's best mode for 1080p seems to be the 4K mode for supersampling, but having options is great.
No news on XCOM2
No News on Mafia 3
Ratchet and Clank's OG PS4 patch is already giving the game a nice boost in visuals.

300$+ seems like a lot for what I'd personnally get out of it at launch.

Hopefully to floodgates will open tomorrow and we get more patched games and more side-by-side comparisons. I want more games like Tomb Raider, with improved framerate options and added effects, not just supersampling.

Need a gamepad for my new build pc.

I already have a DS4, but its look like it doesnt work with all game.

Should i buy a xone pad?

Any deals? Black friday maybe.
Walmart has the newer white iteration for 64.99, PM at best buy and then do it again black friday once the ads come out.

iiicon

Man, I have a friend willing to buy my PS4, but I'm still undecided on the Pro. I sill play on 1080p screens.

Skyrim doesn't seem to have any meaningful upgrades besides supersampling.
Tomb Raider's best mode for 1080p seems to be the 4K mode for supersampling, but having options is great.
No news on XCOM2
No News on Mafia 3
Ratchet and Clank's OG PS4 patch is already giving the game a nice boost in visuals.

300$+ seems like a lot for what I'd personnally get out of it at launch.

Hopefully to floodgates will open tomorrow and we get more patched games and more side-by-side comparisons. I want more games like Tomb Raider, with improved framerate options and added effects, not just supersampling.
yup, the support and Canadian price is very unappealing. One of my favourite aspects of upgrading my PC is trying all my old games to see how much better they run. With the Pro, I'd only be able to do that with a fraction of my library. That's not gonna motivate me to trade in my PS4 for a Pro.

yup, the support and Canadian price is very unappealing. One of my favourite aspects of upgrading my PC is trying all my old games to see how much better they run. With the Pro, I'd only be able to do that with]a fraction of my library. That's not gonna motivate me to trade in my PS4 for a Pro.

Aren't you excited to replay gems such as Knack, infamous second son and shadow of mordor?

Maybe a patch for the order 1886 would the seal the deal?

iiicon

Aren't you excited to replay gems such as Knack, infamous second son and shadow of mordor?

Maybe a patch for the order 1886 would the seal the deal?
Every day before the kids go to school I make them sit down for an hour and play Knack. They need to grow up appreciating the classics.

Every day before the kids go to school I make them sit down for an hour and play Knack. They need to grow up appreciating the classics.

My man.

CC0pC9Z.gif

Moltenix

On the fence with my Watch Dogs 2 preorder. To keep or not to keep.

$50 not bad but it's a Ubi game so it'll get down to that soon enough...

CRA5H

On the fence with my Watch Dogs 2 preorder. To keep or not to keep.

$50 not bad but it's a Ubi game so it'll get down to that soon enough...

Keep it and enjoy it ;)

On another note, any signs of the PS4 Pro Vertical Stand? I've only seen US sites selling it so far.

Still undecided on pro. I think I'll wait until FFXV comparisons are out and decide based on that? Will there still be stock at the end of November?

Agreed. But to each their own.

The slim stand and pro are one in the same. However, it never materialized in Canada when the slim launched.

You can get it shipped to Canada from Amazon USA for $37USD.

cruisx

Neo Member
Guys what would be a fair asking price for a ps4 with two controllers and 6 games (bf1, desus ex, and the division, fifa 16,naruto,cod 3,)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom