• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaaan

dDWyEoJ.png

Cheaper VR alternative on PS.

Luckily, I already own a PS4 camera and two Move controllers, so I am the best-case scenario where price is concerned. At $549 + 13% Ontario tax, that's $620.37, which is a lot more reasonable than the Oculus Rift's $914, but still pricey enough that I probably won't get both.

It also unfortunately misses a benchmark only I am keeping track of: an Oculus Rift and a PSVR together still cost more than a Vive. Too bad.

So :

550 + 60 + 100 (50*2) = 710+tx as a price of entry if you need the headset, the camera and two move controllers.

It's barely cheaper than a Rift (850)

I picked up two move controllers a nav controller and a charging cradle for $45 this past week.

The price will probably go up as this stuff is all on clearance or used. Check EB. Check Shoppers. Check Flear Markets.

Move doesn't seem to be a requirement though.

killroy87

Luckily, I already own a PS4 camera and two Move controllers, so I am the best-case scenario where price is concerned. At $549 + 13% Ontario tax, that's $620.37, which is a lot more reasonable than the Oculus Rift's $914, but still pricey enough that I probably won't get both.

It also unfortunately misses a benchmark only I am keeping track of: an Oculus Rift and a PSVR together still cost more than a Vive. Too bad.

Having two VR headsets seems suuuuper silly anyway. This really seems like a product you need to make a choice on and commit.

Fularu

Banned
I picked up two move controllers a nav controller and a charging cradle for $45 this past week.

The price will probably go up as this stuff is all on clearance or used. Check EB. Check Shoppers. Check Flear Markets.

Move doesn't seem to be a requirement though.

I have one Move controller (and the little nunchuck that came with the sharpshooter in the KillZone 3 bundle), but finding one for cheap around here in Quebec City may prove difficult.

For the Eye it's almost always 60 when on sale so doubt it can go much cheaper.

$549 huh? A little bit pricey for my taste but I guess I'll preorder onejust in case, but most likely I won't get a launch PSVR, especially considering NX is probably coming out around the same time.

Shoeless

I've been waiting years for VR to finally hit the masses, so I'm in for this price. Still beats having to buy a brand new Oculus/Vive-worthy PC.

Fularu

Banned
I've been waiting years for VR to finally hit the masses, so I'm in for this price. Still beats having to buy a brand new Oculus/Vive-worthy PC.
I already have a VIVE/Rift ready PC, but I'm curious about Sony's effort

And I also ahve no intentions of paying 1k for VR

Shoeless

I already have a VIVE/Rift ready PC, but I'm curious about Sony's effort

And I also ahve no intentions of paying 1k for VR

Yeah, my desktop computer is in no shape whatsoever to use a PC VR rig, I'd basically have to build an entirely new rig to be VR ready on PC. However, I already have the PS4, 2 Move controllers, and the camera, so I'm in a decent position to splurge on PS VR.

QaaQer

I'm not following as to why they aren't including the camera in the vr box if it's required? Is this like the n3ds no ac adapter situation all over again or is there a reason for no camera included?

I'm guessing because some already have it and they really wanted that $399 us price point.

Indelible

Expecting people to pay over $600 for PSVR and a camera is absolutely ludicrous, I thought Sony wanted this thing to be a success but it never will be at that price.

Fularu

Banned
I'm not following as to why they aren't including the camera in the vr box if it's required? Is this like the n3ds no ac adapter situation all over again or is there a reason for no camera included?

To have an artificial 400$ US pricepoint

You realistically need both an eye and at least one move controller, that's 110 CND more and would have put the bundle at 480 US/660 CND

Fularu

Banned
Camera is currently $59 on Amazon and Toysrus. $69 on Bestbuy. Anywhere cheaper?

Fun fact, it's 30$ in the US :p And no, no one is selling it for cheap. Target leaving the Canadian market did hurt it prety good when it comes to accessories promotions.

tiijj

Expecting people to pay over $600 for PSVR and a camera is absolutely ludicrous, I thought Sony wanted this thing to be a success but it never will be at that price.

Of course they want it to be a success, they priced it in the US at $399 which a lot of Americans find reasonable. Canada is a small market, it's pretty much an afterthought to them.

khaaan

Camera is currently $59 on Amazon and Toysrus. $69 on Bestbuy. Anywhere cheaper?

I know a few years back I bought it for sub $50 during the holidays. I don't know if PSVR will make it maintain the price though. You might be able to find used ones at EB Games for a decent price.

Shoeless

To have an artificial 400$ US pricepoint

You realistically need both an eye and at least one move controller, that's 110 CND more and would have put the bundle at 480 US/660 CND

I expect that when E3 rolls around, they will "magically" announce other bundles to give people more "choices," but stick to the US$399 mantra for announcing price points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom