• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the past history of Amazon.ca and their timing of putting games up, I expect it to be up in a couple of months (They still don't have Dragon Quest 7 and 8 IIRC)

Looking at the past history of Amazon.ca and their timing of putting games up, I expect it to be up in a couple of months (They still don't have Dragon Quest 7 and 8 IIRC)

It's hard to say. With the new consoles they had them up right away.

Playstation VR was searchable on Monday and you could find the page but they took it down Tuesday morning from their search. That's at least some sort of activity.

Anyone know if EB will have preorders available when they open?

BadWolf

I'll probably try to preorder a PSVR but only for kicks.

Will most likely cancel it prior to release, the price is steep in Canada.

It's hard to say. With the new consoles they had them up right away.

Playstation VR was searchable on Monday and you could find the page but they took it down Tuesday morning from their search. That's at least some sort of activity.

Anyone know if EB will have preorders available when they open?

That PSVR page was up for a while before, like when we were first able to order at a ridiculous price of 1100$, no?

I'll probably try to preorder a PSVR but only for kicks.

Will most likely cancel it prior to release, the price is steep in Canada.

Yeah, the price is damn high, especially compared to the very tempting 399$ US price.

I was expecting something like 499$ max with a camera.

It kinda hurts as with 3 games + a camera, it goes around 900$+ That's a bit too much for something i'm not even sure i will use that much. But i love the concept of VR and the experiences look like a blast but am i gonna use it often ? that's the question.

I will still secure a pre-order just in case as i have enough time to think about my purchase decision.

Clive

Depending shipping, I think it is even cheaper to purchase physical from Play-Asia, if you're willing to wait.

Mainly because VGP is required to charge tax in Canada.

Not that it has ever happened to me with Canada Post but you could potentially be hit hard by import fees and Canadian taxes when importing something valued over $20. If you use for example FedEx then they will charge you these fees and Canadian taxes. Don't remember how much it is but I'm sure Google does if anyone is interested.

Sora_N

According to the DOAX3 website, the download version has Asian price of NT1,980, so I think you'd probably end up paying around 90CAD for PSN cards?

Depending shipping, I think it is even cheaper to purchase physical from Play-Asia, if you're willing to wait.

Mainly because VGP is required to charge tax in Canada.

Hmm I'll see I guess. Probably not buying right away anyways.

Anyone know anything about an upcoming Best Buy VIP sale? I returned something and they asked me if I was interested. Apparently everything is on sale. Lol.

Anyone know anything about an upcoming Best Buy VIP sale? I returned something and they asked me if I was interested. Apparently everything is on sale. Lol.

you mean those 'special events' best buy holds for "VIP" customers?

yeah, I went to one of those. lots of people showed up so there was a big line waiting to get in, and I thought the sales werent all that great to be honest, although when I did go, it was when GoW 3 came out, so getting it on at a discount was pretty cool. Wouldn't do it again, just because of the sheer number of people that go to one of these things with the chaos of trying to scramble to get the item you want that's on sale and might still be in stock.

killroy87

You guys, I am so legitimately excited for PSVR (and VR in general). It's been so long since we've felt something truly new in videogames. Not just a new game, but something that actively alters the experience, and can make standard tropes seem fresh again. And that every single person who tries VR is a believer, and tells everyone else "just trust me on this, you need to try it for yourself" just makes me more excited.

VR is going to be the evolution that the Wii wanted to be with motion controls, but wasn't quite there yet. And I want it so fucking bad, haha. I can't wait to preorder PSVR the second I can. i don't care what it costs, and I don't care what the launch lineup is. If the first three months is just roller coaster and tacky VR demos, that's fine.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just very excited. And I want that fucking thing to go up for preorders.

i-Jest

You guys, I am so legitimately excited for PSVR (and VR in general). It's been so long since we've felt something truly new in videogames. Not just a new game, but something that actively alters the experience, and can make standard tropes seem fresh again. And that every single person who tries VR is a believer, and tells everyone else "just trust me on this, you need to try it for yourself" just makes me more excited.

VR is going to be the evolution that the Wii wanted to be with motion controls, but wasn't quite there yet. And I want it so fucking bad, haha. I can't wait to preorder PSVR the second I can. i don't care what it costs, and I don't care what the launch lineup is. If the first three months is just roller coaster and tacky VR demos, that's fine.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just very excited. And I want that fucking thing to go up for preorders.

How much did they pay you?

I'm joking

Sakura

So, theoretically, if the dollar suddenly becomes stronger from now to October, is there precedent for the PSVR's price to be adjusted at all?

Not likely.
If the dollar was showing as being stable, and the forecast was good, then maybe, but they aren't going to tie the price of the product to the exchange rate and keep fluctuating it, that doesn't make sense and would be confusing for consumers.

Hedgey

nJgSd.jpg

Canada.
Seriously what is this, lol.

mdubs

Banned
So, theoretically, if the dollar suddenly becomes stronger from now to October, is there precedent for the PSVR's price to be adjusted at all?

Nope. Companies are much quicker to adjust up then down. I remember paying $69.99 for NHL and Dante's Inferno in 2010 when the dollar was at $1.10 or whatever

I'm actually excited too.

Sadly doesn't look like I'll be able to pick it up soon. Job opportunity lost + CAD price way to effing high :(

Shoeless

So what are the odds that Amazon.ca is going to sell out of the first wave of PS VR in minutes the way it happened in Europe? Should we be furiously F5ing the hell out of the product page?

terrible

Banned
I got the most oversized package from Amazon ever today. Inside the box was about a mile of packing paper. It barely fit in my door, it was bigger than the box my old tube television came in I'd say. Inside was another box containing the box for my racing wheel, so three boxes total. I should've taken a picture.

Needless to say nothing was damaged.

bryt

Anyone know how much PS4 games usually cost on the Hong Kong PSN? Debating whether to get DOAX3 from the HK PSN store or VGP.

jred2k

The VIP sale is on the Thursday before Easter weekend and then there is a sale that will run all of Easter weekend. If Black Friday was any indication, the VIP sale will be the same sale as the rest of the weekend aside from a few doorcrashers or something.

I saw some predictions for 65 cents by the end of the year today.

I don't know what to think anymore.

I've been listening to people tell me the housing market is going to drop off and I shouldn't have bought a house. Well my house has gone up in value at least 150k CAD in that time lol.

explodet

A few years ago it was exactly cheaper to do this even with shipping factored in.
The shipping times sucked, but the savings was undeniable. Great for those games and such where you didn't care about playing right at launch.

Maybe it'll get to a point where buying PSN/XBL bucks from the states will be cheaper, if you buy digitally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom