• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
Of course they want it to be a success, they priced it in the US at $399 which a lot of Americans find reasonable. Canada is a small market, it's pretty much an afterthought to them.

Most PS4 owners have neither a Camera nor move controllers. A small portion of the PSVR market willreally pay the 399 price tag

Indelible

Of course they want it to be a success, they priced it in the US at $399 which a lot of Americans find reasonable. Canada is a small market, it's pretty much an afterthought to them.

I don't think Sony can afford to have this bomb in any region, no matter how small it may be.

Having two VR headsets seems suuuuper silly anyway. This really seems like a product you need to make a choice on and commit.

You're not wrong! Hard to know what will become exclusive and what won't, though. At least with the PC headsets, someone will hack in cross-compatibility eventually (or already has, if that Oculus-Cardboard adapter is the real deal), but PSVR? Who knows.

Honestly, you could argue any number of things. Maybe it's ridiculous to even buy ONE VR headset right now.

mdubs

Banned
Get a second job

Duh

(Riiiiiiiidge Racerrrrrrrrrrr)

qnerd1gayaiyq8q4g6u5.gif

BadHand

$549 is too expensive for me. And I have a PS Camera and Move gear.

$399 or even $449 would have been a no brainier for me though. Maybe in 2017. I'll still probably stick a pre-order in with Amazon in case there is some sort of price fuckery between now and launch.

tiijj

Most PS4 owners have neither a Camera nor move controllers. A small portion of the PSVR market willreally pay the 399 price tag

That's true, it's less than $500 which is good, it's less than $400 which is great.

The accessories (camera or the move controller) is like buying something new like a smartphone, you need a case, some screen protector, a leather pouch, card holder, etc...

EDIT: Like Bestbuy/Futureshop, this TV is one of the best in the market and it's on sale, I'll ask my manager if he can give you some discount if you buy this $200 monster cable lol. Which you will need to take advantage of the realistic super sharp color accurate picture. lol

I don't think Sony can afford to have this bomb in any region, no matter how small it may be.

Canada is not really a region, let's say it's the 51st state of the US lol.

this actually looks pretty awesome

fEunrJV.png

Really nice looking steelbook, especially in comparison to most. But it's a steelbook, and a game I have 0 interest in, so screw it.

I hate steelbooks outside of their visual appeal. There's nothing like paying more for hubs that threaten to break your discs.

$549 to satisfy my dreams of virtual anime breasts and Ace Combat. I guess I'm crazy, but I'm actually in at that price.

But the extra cost of having to buy the god damned camera is what gets me for some reason.

Seems better to wait a year or two for game devs to get used to engine, and buy when price drops a few.

I doubt launch releases will be all that good.

khaaan

$549 to satisfy my dreams of virtual anime breasts and Ace Combat. I guess I'm crazy, but I'm actually in at that price.

But the extra cost of having to buy the god damned camera is what gets me for some reason.

If you still have to get the camera then you'll probably be close to $700 after tax for your virtual anime bosoms.

If you still have to get the camera then you'll probably be close to $700 after tax for your virtual anime bosoms.

It's fine it'll be worth it. $700 to play the new DOA and Summer Lesson.

Cinematic Mode feels like a big selling point for me as well. Depending on how it actually turns out from first impressions, I don't think I need to buy a bigger TV anymore...? Could just sit in bed wearing the headset like a super-nerd.

I kind of don't get cinematic mode, at least right now. In theory, it sounds great: play games on a huge virtual screen! But in practice, won't we still be limited by the resolution of the VR screens themselves? It's fine to have an 80-foot screen but if everything's still blocky because the headset can't render a scene past 2560x1440 or whatever, it's not like you're getting that much more detail?

Though on the other hand, giant posters and billboards have a much lower dpi than normal print products, so maybe it'll be fine. Guess it's something I'll have to see for myself. The 22-year-old me struggling to play Burnout 3 on a 14" TV would be ecstatic.

Picollus

Neo Member
You realize all that the canadian price of PSVR Really means that this is the right time to buy a ps4 for canadians...

It means that Sony will probably ajust ps4 price soon to account for weak cad $

Fularu

Banned
You realize all that the canadian price of PSVR Really means that this is the right time to buy a ps4 for canadians...

It means that Sony will probably ajust ps4 price soon to account for weak cad $

I'm not sure a price increase now would be smart on Sony's part.

It's not like the PS4 is cheap, you can't buy it for less than 430-450 CND most of the time

(Edit : for reference, 450$ CND is what the PS2 launched at, a year later it was 300, the PS4 is 430 2 years after beeing on the market, it's more expensive than when it released)

Sorry guys, shipping question!

Amazon always sends my stuff by Canada Post, who I am very happy with, but I had a package ship today and the email said it shipped by "AMZN" and "AMZCA" on the website.

Is that the Dynamex company people are always having issues with? I tried my tracking number on their site and it didn't find anything.

Or is there some new shipping wherr they do it themseves?

Amazon always sends my stuff by Canada Post, who I am very happy with, but I had a package ship today and the email said it shipped by "AMZN" and "AMZCA" on the website.

Is that the Dynamex company people are always having issues with? I tried my tracking number on their site and it didn't find anything.

It usually says Dynamex. Not sure what you're seeing.

Max_Po

Banned
I just need the VR, Hopefully I can get a nice 20% discount off a relative's work place come November :)

Got a camera and other stuff laying around :)

FrsDvl

Try putting the tracking number into google, and see what pops up.

Sakura

Some of the difficulty with the price for me (and maybe a lot of consumers) is that I have never tried VR, and as such it is difficult to quantify whether it will be worth it for me. It could be the greatest thing ever and I would gladly spend all of the Canadian dollars, or it could just be kinda neat and that's it.
I hope there are lots of demo stations in stores and stuff, but at the same time the idea of wearing a public headset is a little gross so I'm not sure it'd happen.

Banned
My holiday money is all yours, Nintendo. Don't fuck up the NX. I'm not on the VR hype train. Maybe in a few years.

I think I'm going to hold off on ps vr. I was planning to purchase it at first but it's essentially being released mid gen with a resolution of 960x1080 per eye. It's a neat concept but I don't think the hardware is where I want it to be yet. I honestly don't think it'll have the longevity I'd like and I'm wary of the support it'll receive. Let's face it, ps camera, ps eye, ps vita, playstation move are all excellent examples of Sony's track record when it comes to supporting devices with lukewarm reception. I also expect it to sell a lot at launch and then slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom