• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryne

I'm getting the blue for sure, to go with my lunar white and elite controllers. I own 4 xbox one controllers and don't have an xbox one!

If anyone is still looking for the nintendo gamecube controller adapter for the Wii U (that only works on Smash U), it is up on Toys R Us: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index...36&prodFindSrc=prodCrossSell&refProd=80524876

I'm not sure if it's hard to get anymore, but just in case.

eb games just tweeted this picture:

- That's for in-store preorder (online details to come).
- You can't preorder the solo headset
- It's 700$ Canadian

Cd1f_8XUMAAX-B2.jpg

Is the $700 price confirmed? That's over $50 more than what it should be given the exchange rate. That's pretty surprising, Sony's usually good about that.

BadHand

Wtf Sony. they must be worried about the CaD further dropping between now and October and not wanting to honour preorders at $649

ohlawd

Wtf Sony. they must be worried about the CaD further dropping between now and October and not wanting to honour preorders at $649
yeah, they know

so stop cheering for these tiny ass CAD improvements. I almost can't wait for that shit to plummet hard

"wowowow we're at 0.77 cents things are looking up" lol

imBask

Banned
I admire your positivism Zombie James. Not an easy thing to do with the current situation

unrelated rant : Gas price in montreal went up from about 97 to 108 this morning, again. Typical friday fuckery. Can't wait for electric cars to take over and kill these fucks

Luigi87

Yeah... No PSVR for me, it really stings with the sales tax, ugh.

Makes one think of how much we have to pay in our country. It's the one thing I credit the US (and Alberta) for is that most US states (aside from say Alabama and Arkansas) don't pay as much sales tax as we do.

Actually, it could be cheaper to import it (if one doesn't get hit with customs... or crosses the border and hides it under the seat, lol), because of the cheaper conversion + less taxation (or no tax if importing online, excluding Amazon... but again the risk of customs..) Of course I'm assuming it isn't an inflated shipping price, which is possible due to the weight.

kevin1025

Banned
That PSVR bundle price is savage. Only a couple hundred will sell in Canada, and make it look like we're disinterested in VR. Boo to the dollar.

killroy87

That PSVR bundle price is savage. Only a couple hundred will sell in Canada, and make it look like we're disinterested in VR. Boo to the dollar.

Haha, I'm sure Sony has a pretty realistic idea of how many units will sell here.

I don't care about anyone else, as long as I get my headset! And I will, day one!

bearbomb

Neo Member
Does the taken king ever dip below $50 I have a hankering to jump back in but don't necessarily want to drop 50 on it if I don't have to

BadHand

Yeah... No PSVR for me, it really stings with the sales tax, ugh.

Makes one think of how much we have to pay in our country. It's the one thing I credit the US (and Alberta) for is that most US states (aside from say Alabama and Arkansas) don't pay as much sales tax as we do.

Actually, it could be cheaper to import it (if one doesn't get hit with customs... or crosses the border and hides it under the seat, lol), because of the cheaper conversion + less taxation (or no tax if importing online, excluding Amazon... but again the risk of customs..) Of course I'm assuming it isn't an inflated shipping price, which is possible due to the weight.

Won't be a cheaper conversion in October though. Apparently.

sh1fty

To be expected because of the weak CAD dollar, but that price pretty much kills any chance of PSVR catching on up here.

I'm passing.

killroy87

To be expected because of the weak CAD dollar, but that price pretty much kills any chance of PSVR catching on up here.

I'm passing.

I don't really see this logic. Canadians understand why it's happening. We still buy iPhones, iPads, and other goods that the dollar fucks us on. It may sway some sales, but whoever is dead set on getting VR will get one.

I'm really on the fence about this VR stuff. Yes, the PSVR is expensive as shit, but at the same time it's the least brutal price for the experience compared to the others.

At the same time, I exist in the Alberta economy so...having a job in October is not a guarantee at all lol.

Dazzler

There are still enough idiots with more money than sense that will pay the Canadian price for PSVR. It will instantly sell out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom