• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
With prime it would probably be cheaper than buying new releases on Amazon.ca

But if you can take advantage of the -30% promotion, it will be a while before it's worth it

Édit DAMN phones, I wanted to quote the "cheaper to buy from Amazon.com" post

So the dollar has been trending up a bit lately, and it's at $0.76 CAD to $1.00 USD. When we gettin' $69.99 games?

:(

As stated before, it'll be a long ways away.

Games are investments to developers and publishers, so a price drop will only occur after the dollar shows long term stability to make sure that the investment should not be affected by a fluctuating loonie

Fularu

Banned
Got my The Division codes!

So now with the single purchase of one G910 keyboard I have 2 keyboards and 3 copies of the game...

Lulz

FrsDvl

Got my The Division codes!

So now with the single purchase of one G910 keyboard I have 2 keyboards and 3 copies of the game...

Lulz

How do you even do this. You are really the luckiest guy here.

Ill take a code if you want to get rid of them

Kiro

My birthday is Monday and my mum gave me 100$ to Amazon. Any recommendations between these games?

Witcher 3
The Witness (Wanting to wait for retail for this one...)
Until Dawn
Axiom Verge (Kind of hoping it will be a PS+ game)
Journey
Captain Toad
Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls

Rbk_3

As stated before, it'll be a long ways away.

Games are investments to developers and publishers, so a price drop will only occur after the dollar shows long term stability to make sure that the investment should not be affected by a fluctuating loonie

It's their loss because they would have a lot more sales and make more money at 69.99

My birthday is Monday and my mum gave me 100$ to Amazon. Any recommendations between these games?

Witcher 3
Until Dawn
Journey
Captain Toad

I didn't love the Witcher but obviously it's a massive critical success, amazon has it for $50 though and it's been ~$30 digital before so I might hold off.'

Until Dawn is amazing, highly recommended especially if you're a fan of horror, it really made me feel like my input made a significant difference.

Halfway through beyond two souls a few weeks ago I realized that my input didn't really matter, everything would just basically go the same way even failing every QTE and the story was insane bullshit that didn't seem to be going anywhere so in the middle of a cutscene I realized the game was wasting my time, I quit and deleted it right then and haven't looked back. So unless you're a big fan of David Cage games I'd skip that (this coming from a huge fan of Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain)

Edit: oh and yeah the witness is fucking amazing, I get if you want to hold off, especially since you want retail and regardlesa I'd assume a sale is probably around the corner too

Witcher 3 - I'm not a fan but it's the obvious choice
The Witness - (Wanting to wait for retail for this one...) <-As you said
Until Dawn - Great game but wait for it to go down in price even further
Axiom Verge - (Kind of hoping it will be a PS+ game) <-As you said
Journey - A must-play with next to no replay value IMO
Captain Toad - Really fun game
Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls - Meh... Heavy Rain is OK and Beyond is trash

Sora_N

Witcher 3
Until Dawn
Journey
Captain Toad

What do you play usually

ohlawd

Witcher 3
Until Dawn
Journey
Captain Toad

wow Witcher 3 dude

easy choice. case closed

Kiro

I play solo adventure games a lot. I like puzzle, RPG and action games too. I hate sports/racing/2D fighters. The only choose your own path game I've played is Life is Strange which I really liked.

From what I'm reading it seems I should go with Until Dawn and Witcher 3?

But Witcher 3 may have an enhanced edition in the near future. Which is why I may wait for that if I've waited this long already.

Maddog

I play solo adventure games a lot. I like puzzle, RPG and action games too. I hate sports/racing/2D fighters. The only choose your own path game I've played is Life is Strange which I really liked.

From what I'm reading it seems I should go with Until Dawn and Witcher 3?

But Witcher 3 may have an enhanced edition in the near future. Which is why I may wait for that if I've waited this long already.

My thoughts on those two games price wise.

Witcher 3 was often $30 around boxing day. I would wait for the current Amazon price ($49.99) to drop.

Until Dawn recently got dropped to $39 so that's a good price.

Witcher 3 - I'm not a fan but it's the obvious choice
The Witness - (Wanting to wait for retail for this one...) <-As you said
Until Dawn - Great game but wait for it to go down in price even further
Axiom Verge - (Kind of hoping it will be a PS+ game) <-As you said
Journey - A must-play with next to no replay value IMO
Captain Toad - Really fun game
Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls - Meh... Heavy Rain is OK and Beyond is trash

Agreed with all this, except: Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls were both amazing game for me, if you enjoy cinematic experiences, you will like this.

Could not get into Witcher 3, but it did look great/worth while to own from what I have played (6 hours)

Fularu

Banned
How do you even do this. You are really the luckiest guy here.

Ill take a code if you want to get rid of them
Long story short :

I order the keyboard on february 26th, get it on march 3rd, there's no code in the box, I take it to Amazon CSR and the rep is like "No worries, I'm sending you a new keyboard" and while doing so marks my return as complete (so I don't have to send back the keyboard)

I recieve the second keyboard on the 8th and... still No code so back to Amazon. At first they denied ever running the promotion, saying it was only valid on Amazon.com (which was, of course, a lie). After talking to a few CSR over the following days and talking to Logitech, one CSR just tells me to order the game and he will change the price to 0$.

In the meantime, seeing how Amazon wasn't honoring the promotion I recontacted Logitech explaining the situation, they asked for pictures of the keyboards, of the invoices and of the serial Numbers and today, after believing that they had forgotten about it (it had been 6 days already) I just got two codes.

So 2 keyboards and 3 games for 180$ all in is a prety good deal all things considered.

And yes, I have one code for sale, the other one is for a friend as a gift :)

zroid

Banned
not sure about anyone else, but Indigo just "topped up" my rewards points balance so I can redeem $5 off whatever. Might be a nice way to get $5 off one of the new am***o coming out tomorrow (if Indigo gets them in stock anyway)

or you know, just use it on a book or something :p

jholmes

Witcher 3
Until Dawn
Journey
Captain Toad

I really liked Heavy Rain up until the ending. I don't look back on it really fondly now but I was so crazily into that game once it got rolling. I don't want to say too much as it's a really story-driven game.

Captain Toad is a lot of fun, it's got a lot of gameplay for a decent price, really recommend it. They don't really make puzzle platformers like this anymore, if you like some of the old-school NES puzzle platformers or you just like the idea of a platformer that really isn't about action, give it a shot. Surprisingly good looking game too. I really like it!

Haven't played the rest, but an early happy birthday to you.

Sealtest

Deal?

Tmw is Bring your own cup day at Seven 11 and pay $1.49 for a slushie. 11am till 7pm

Rules are it must fit in a cut out hole which is 26cm x 26cm

Let's get them cheap drinks. I'll be using my Pressure cooker insert.

iLtrj1W.jpg

FrsDvl

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on November 03, 2015 (Order# 702-4342276-2189825). We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

"Sea of Thieves - Xbox One"
Estimated arrival date: April 07, 2016 - April 26, 2016

Amazon got me super hyped, then i realised that there is no way in hell.

Ventara

Deal?

Tmw is Bring your own cup day at Seven 11 and pay $1.49. 11am till 7pm

This is new, no? I remember seeing pictures of people bringing a kiddie pool, lol.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot I'm in the Canadian thread. Don't remember them offering this before.

Sealtest

This is new, no? I remember seeing pictures of people bringing a kiddie pool, lol.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot I'm in the Canadian thread. Don't remember them offering this before.

Looking online US and Australia also have these rules but it's really up the the employee's to enforce it. I called a 3 out of the 4 in Windsor 2 said it MUST fit in that hole and has to be within reason. So no Huge cylanders and one said they don't care and when I asked if I brought a toilet in to fill they said they aslong as I could carry it i'll be fine.

So it's all based on the store I guess.

Those new Xbox One controllers aren't up on retailers' websites yet, are they? I looked, but didn't see them.

Since they're now $69.99 USD (which is insane. Why do they need a $5 price hike?) I assume they'll be $79.99 CAD? With no grips on the back as confirmed by Major Nelson (again, why? Those should be mandatory now, for any controller that is sold above standard price.)

I'm a sucker and will likely still buy the blue one to add to my collection, but it's annoying.

TUSR

Banned
Those new Xbox One controllers aren't up on retailers' websites yet, are they? I looked, but didn't see them.

Since they're now $69.99 USD (which is insane. Why do they need a $5 price hike?) I assume they'll be $79.99 CAD? With no grips on the back as confirmed by Major Nelson (again, why? Those should be mandatory now, for any controller that is sold above standard price.)

I'm a sucker and will likely still buy the blue one to add to my collection, but it's annoying.
Theres a new new one?

Deal?

Tmw is Bring your own cup day at Seven 11 and pay $1.49 for a slushie. 11am till 7pm

Is this a deal? I take my Bubba 64oz giant mug in there a few days a week at work and get slushes or fountain pop for 1.49.

Sealtest

Is this a deal? I take my Bubba 64oz giant mug in there a few days a week at work and get slushes or fountain pop for 1.49.

I'd say so since my pressure cooker is 6L where my 65oz cup is only 2L.

It's not a crazy deal but I see food deals linked time to time in here so I thought i'd let people know.

killroy87

It's not a crazy deal but I see food deals linked time to time in here so I thought i'd let people know.

Hey man, it's more in the spirit of the thread than whining about shipping, I say bring on the Slurpee deals!

Dang those look good, still think I prefer the lunar white one though. (I think that's the name?)

Are they not available on the MS Store?

Good call. I forgot about that. I tend to forget it exists, since they're generally only in cities.

They list them at $74.99. Pricey. But it's at least better than the $79.99 I paid for the Uncharted 4 DS4. That thing is kind of ugly, so I think I'll take it back and save the money for the blue variant of these.

Stand in front of a mirror, look yourself in the eyes and say "I need 65L of slushie." If you can say it three times, it passes the test and it's a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom