• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jholmes

I don't suppose anyone knows if any Canadian retailers are doing the early access release for Mini Mario & Friends Amiibo Challenge, do you? The official site only mentions the U.S.

And yes yes, I mentioned that which shall not be named, apologies.

Firestorm

Where's the cheapest place to get a DSi/3DS/N3DS charger? I realized I'll need to pick one up, because, due to my OCD, I won't be able to use the one I have for my travel 3DS and clean (stay in drawer) one.

I got the one I have at Target, but that's obviously not possible now. It was about $13-14, whereas Walmart wanted $20 or something like that. But I haven't seen any at Walmart.

I'd personally order a USB charger. They're pretty convenient as you can use it with portable chargers.

kinger

I don't suppose anyone knows if any Canadian retailers are doing the early access release for Mini Mario & Friends Amiibo Challenge, do you? The official site only mentions the U.S.

And yes yes, I mentioned that which shall not be named, apologies.
I think they're only available at the Nintendo Kiosks in Canada.

Upside is that there's no purchase necessary, downside being that there's only two in the country...

Walmart is actually sold out in almost every local store. One says limited stock, but I thought I checked there thoroughly.

Will Best Buy PM Walmart?

Walmart and Amazon have the official Nintendo ones for $14.96.

Bestbuy has the same one for $20

Okay. Thanks.

Guess I'll have to hunt through Walmarts, as I didn't see them at two local ones. I don't have a CC.

soultron

Banned
Eh, I'm a fair person, I'm not really interested in profiting. (I only wanted the n3DS. I got black cover plates from another GAFfer.)

They've sold.

soultron

Banned
They were sitting on my desk and I have no use for them since I have black plates on the n3DS that came with that bundle. I actually wanted the bundle for the n3DS, not to profit.

It ended up being a headache in the end because I put OBO on that post without really understanding what it meant (I've never sold anything using OBO before, I thought it meant you could accept higher offers than asking price. I'm an idiot.) and I ended up inciting a bidding war between 2 GAFfers.

I apologised to both of them, and sold it to the first who offered. I feel bad screwing the second who offered after (at a higher price) of a set of plates, but I tried to do what I felt right to correct the situation.

Moral of the story: don't ever buy a LE 3DS and sell the cover plates if you're a moron who doesn't understand what OBO means.

Sora_N

They were sitting on my desk and I have no use for them since I have black plates on the n3DS that came with that bundle. I actually wanted the bundle for the n3DS, not to profit.

It ended up being a headache in the end because I put OBO on that post without really understanding what it meant (I've never sold anything using OBO before, I thought it meant you could accept higher offers than asking price. I'm an idiot.) and I ended up inciting a bidding war between 2 GAFfers.

I apologised to both of them, and sold it to the first who offered. I feel bad screwing the second who offered after (at a higher price) of a set of plates, but I tried to do what I felt right to correct the situation.

Moral of the story: don't ever buy a LE 3DS and sell the cover plates if you're a moron who doesn't understand what OBO means.

Lol never use words you don't know is probably a good rule

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know where I can donate video games in Vancouver? Do libraries accept video game donations?

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I donated two movies last year but only one of them showed up on the system afterwards. You can find more info here. Speaking of VPL, it really sucks that they pretty much have stopped buying new videogames. Pretty much all my purchase requests have been ignored. :(

bryt

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I donated two movies last year but only one of them showed up on the system afterwards. You can find more info here. Speaking of VPL, it really sucks that they pretty much have stopped buying new videogames. Pretty much all my purchase requests have been ignored. :(

Thanks!

Anyone know where I can donate video games in Vancouver? Do libraries accept video game donations?

Take this for what it is:

I was at my local library recently, and asked if I could donate books towards reducing my late fee fines, which are at about $6. They said no.

The lady then told me that, even if I was to donate a book that they need (due to their copy being damaged, or what have you), they wouldn't be able to put it into circulation. Apparently only books purchased through their distributor can be circulated. Donations are sold.

I previously donated a bunch of kids' books and found this quite interesting. I'm happy they would have sold them, but find it kind of odd.

krae_man

Take this for what it is:

I was at my local library recently, and asked if I could donate books towards reducing my late fee fines, which are at about $6. They said no.

The lady then told me that, even if I was to donate a book that they need (due to their copy being damaged, or what have you), they wouldn't be able to put it into circulation. Apparently only books purchased through their distributor can be circulated. Donations are sold.

I previously donated a bunch of kids' books and found this quite interesting. I'm happy they would have sold them, but find it kind of odd.

I would assume it has something to do with usage rights/royalties.

soultron

Banned
Lol never use words you don't know is probably a good rule

I've learned that Or Best Offer doesn't necessarily account for the interpretation of higher offer = a better offer. Yeah, I'm an idiot. Anyhow, both GAFfers in question were understanding.

Sora_N

I've learned that Or Best Offer doesn't necessarily account for the interpretation of higher offer = a better offer. Yeah, I'm an idiot. Anyhow, both GAFfers in question were understanding.

Yeah obo means you may have overpriced your item but don't know the actual value. Or you're hoping someone finds your price fair and just pay your asking.

jred2k

Just a head's up that Best Buy will be doing 20% off pre-orders of 2 or more games for Easter weekend. I imagine most people here have everything they want pre-ordered by now, but it's worth mentioning.

FrsDvl

Just a head's up that Best Buy will be doing 20% off pre-orders of 2 or more games for Easter weekend. I imagine most people here have everything they want pre-ordered by now, but it's worth mentioning.

Assuming Amazon does the same then, hopefully it won't be a shit show there this time if they do. I still need to pre order Recore and Scalebound

Ondore

Sounds like we need to hound them to add the stuff from the last Direct - only MH Generations is up the last time I checked. (Missing Rhythm Heaven Megamix, Color Splash, and Kirby Robobot).

terrible

Banned

I need to get Assetto Corsa pre-ordered on PS4 so this is good news. It's coming out before E3 I think so this is probably my last chance to get it under MSRP.

Wedge7

Ah nice, I can get the regular edition of bravely second and something else, was never interested in the special edition

Dot-N-Run

Excellent news. I have been wanting to preorder the standard edition of Bravely Second but I couldn't seem to find it the last time the sales were on.

Stage On

Only 20%? So lame. Why can't they do 30% like at e3 and cyber monday?

Well better then nothing I guess for a couple games that are coming out before e3 like Atelier Sophie. Now If I can just get them to list it lol

ohlawd

welp, didn't know 7th Dragon got a $5 increase to $55. still got my $50 - 20% off order tho

I would have grouped that and Monster Hunter Generations together. now I'll have two orders with Below as my dead game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom