• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

frequency

Finally able to get Bravely Second regular edition.
I have a special edition at Best Buy. I could coordinate canceling it so that someone here could get it right? Like how people were canceling and ordering again immediately to get the discount in the last sale.

Is this in store? And hmm.. do I really want to replay FFX (or X2)?

Even if it's not in store, they will match the website price assuming it's not an error.

For what it's worth, you will get play time out of it, assuming you are OK playing jrpg at home. I have both the vita version, and the home version, and I find the grinding is much more tolerable playing on the road. Case in point, the portable version I've played 1 1/2 times already, and only put a dozen hours into the home version.

Not sure if I would ever buy a home jrpg anymore. Easier on iOS or vita, if applicable.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Finally able to get Bravely Second regular edition.
I have a special edition at Best Buy. I could coordinate canceling it so that someone here could get it right? Like how people were canceling and ordering again immediately to get the discount in the last sale.

Whats the cost again? Also are you in toronto? (Or timezone?) Coordination is hard

frequency

Whats the cost again? Also are you in toronto? (Or timezone?) Coordination is hard

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=9244f2a6853868f55e2026ce766e2f09en02

$99.99

I'm not in Toronto.

I think I remember people, during the last sale, were cancelling and then frantically refreshing the product page until it came back in stock and ordered again.

So I thought maybe if I tell someone "I'm going to cancel now" they could frantically refresh for it to come back in stock for them at that time.

No Atelier Sophie :(

Seems like Victoria Day will be my last hope, because it comes out just before E3. I don't know if I can face the reality of $69.99/79.99 Atelier games.

Clov

If I use that preorder deal at Bestbuy, will both my games ship at their release date? Or will they both ship when the latest game in the order releases?

Also, is Amazon not having a similar sale?

If I use that preorder deal at Bestbuy, will both my games ship at their release date? Or will they both ship when the latest game in the order releases?

Also, is Amazon not having a similar sale?

They ship when they release.

Amazon may match. They always seem to.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=9244f2a6853868f55e2026ce766e2f09en02

$99.99

I'm not in Toronto.

I think I remember people, during the last sale, were cancelling and then frantically refreshing the product page until it came back in stock and ordered again.

So I thought maybe if I tell someone "I'm going to cancel now" they could frantically refresh for it to come back in stock for them at that time.

I just noticed that Best Buy never updated the price on my Bravely Second: SE order.

Kyolux

Missed that info about the best buy sale.

May grab the new TMNT and I'm sure there's something else I need that I haven't pre-ordered yet.

Even if it's not in store, they will match the website price assuming it's not an error.

For what it's worth, you will get play time out of it, assuming you are OK playing jrpg at home. I have both the vita version, and the home version, and I find the grinding is much more tolerable playing on the road. Case in point, the portable version I've played 1 1/2 times already, and only put a dozen hours into the home version.

Not sure if I would ever buy a home jrpg anymore. Easier on iOS or vita, if applicable.

I play my vita on my bed, I don't really like playing games on the go, since I'm either driving or busy doing something else. I think I'll just pass.

Clov

They ship when they release.

Amazon may match. They always seem to.

I just noticed that Best Buy never updated the price on my Bravely Second: SE order.

Think I might stick with Bestbuy in this case, since they have Tokyo Mirage Sessions up for preorder.

It's too bad that nowhere has Atelier Sophie up for preorder yet, I hope I don't have to pay full price for that one!

Kyolux

So I'm looking at pre-ordering both, one or neither out of Battleborn and overwatch.

I'm not really into shooters and moba all that much, but I'm liking the idea of having a game or two I could pop in and play in burst of 30-60 minutes max on my ps4.

Anyone played both of them, have preferences? I need to be swayed out of this indecisiveness.

Guess for now I'll continue looking into both games.

Sealtest

was resident evil 6 always sold out on best buy? Was thinking of just bundling that up with RE5 since i've never played it.

Edit - Ahh it comes out on the 29th so that could be why it's already sold out of preorders.

SickBoy

call customer service to cancel, especially when one of the items in your order has already shipped.

This was regarding a partly shipped BB order from a buy 2 get 20% off deal (first of two games had shipped).

Just for the record (in case anyone's ever looking for the answer and searches for it), this answer was spot on. Called, asked them to cancel and the whole process was quite painless. Certainly less trouble than getting the game and then returning it in person -- especially considering there are a couple of preorder bonuses involved).

NYR

Pre-Order Deal

www.bestbuy.ca

Easter SALE - 3 Day DEALS - Take 20% OFF 2 or more pre-order video games*.

How to get this deal:​

Add 2 or more pre-order video games to your cart.
Once added, discount will be automatically applied.
Click the "Checkout" button to complete your order.

*Final price displayed at checkout. Excludes Gaming Playsets and Collector's Editions. Offer available online only. May not be combined with any other offer. Some restrictions apply. Offer valid March 25th, 2016 to March 27th, 2016 only.

-Deimos

Pre-Order Deal

www.bestbuy.ca

*Final price displayed at checkout. Excludes Gaming Playsets and Collector's Editions. Offer available online only. May not be combined with any other offer. Some restrictions apply. Offer valid March 25th, 2016 to March 27th, 2016 only.
*Waits for Amazon's response*

Pre-Order Deal

www.bestbuy.ca

Thanks,

Set up Uncharted and DS3

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Shipping talk warning; Amazon has next Thursday as the expected delivery date for HW Legends. I'm in Toronto, it'll ship from Mississauga. Ayy, these 'mysterious' delays on my free shipping items now is driving me insane. I'm tired of messaging Amazon and asking what's up. They always bump it up and then ship it the day after I complain, but I don't want to do that. Most Amazon orders from E3 are complete. I might just cancel the rest.

eShop sale; I really want the rest of the SEGA Classics and maybe the EO1 remake, but I also want to wait for the My Nintendo rewards to become active, so I can collect points before I buy anything. Come on, Nintendo. Don't let me down..

Elitist1945

Lol R6: Siege Gold is $5 on Best Buy's website. But as you would expect, its unavailable online or in stores.

EDIT: Its also $70 on Amazon.ca ($50 off), and you can actually buy it

Twelve packs of Coca-Cola have Buy One, Get One Free coupons for Cineplex. I got mine at Walmart.

The only annoying thing is that they're online only, as I don't have a credit card and prefer to just go to the box office like people used to.

kevin1025

Banned
Amazon has matched the Best Buy deal!

Buy 2 or more Pre-order Games, Get 20% off
Add two or more qualifying pre-order games, get 20% off. Offer valid through 3/27. Discount applied on the last page of checkout.

Link

DVCY201

Snagged all the upcoming RE releases, $20 each is an acceptable price for me. Plus Nights of Azure. Any impressions? It caught my eye, but I didn't realize it was releasing this month

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Shipping talk warning; Amazon has next Thursday as the expected delivery date for HW Legends. I'm in Toronto, it'll ship from Mississauga. Ayy, these 'mysterious' delays on my free shipping items now is driving me insane. I'm tired of messaging Amazon and asking what's up. They always bump it up and then ship it the day after I complain, but I don't want to do that. Most Amazon orders from E3 are complete. I might just cancel the rest.
As soon as I read your post I got the shipping email.

JMLaeQ3.png

I almost forgot there's no mail delivery on Monday which is why it's getting here Tuesday.

eShop sale; I really want the rest of the SEGA Classics and maybe the EO1 remake, but I also want to wait for the My Nintendo rewards to become active, so I can collect points before I buy anything. Come on, Nintendo. Don't let me down..
I feel the same way.

KarmaCow

Amazon has matched the Best Buy deal!

Buy 2 or more Pre-order Games, Get 20% off
Add two or more qualifying pre-order games, get 20% off. Offer valid through 3/27. Discount applied on the last page of checkout.

Link

I wish AtlusUSA would just announce EOV and SMTIVF already. The only game there I don't already have on preorder but want is Overwatch. :(

Say I pre-ordered 2 games with the 20% discount and the first game shipped and i got the discount then i changed my mind and didnt want the second game. Would they charge me the amount that I saved on the first game?

Still no Atelier Sophie (but I knew that because I checked Amazon as soon as the BB offer went up). That said, I'm pleasantly surprised by the Amazon selection after the last pre-order offer was so limited. Thank goodness that was a one-off instance.

Heads up, Nights of Azure is $69.99 at Amazon before the discount, which is normally not news except that Azure was one of the first games to hit the $84.99 price point. Apparently K-T have come to their senses!

Fularu

Banned
Say I pre-ordered 2 games with the 20% discount and the first game shipped and i got the discount then i changed my mind and didnt want the second game. Would they charge me the amount that I saved on the first game?

You can't cancel the second game with Amazon, you can just return the game with Best Buy

I've cancelled many times, they won't charge you. But, you have to get a CR to do it, you can't do it manually after one game from the order ships.

Fularu

Banned
You can cancel it manually if you use the Amazon app on your phone. You don't need to contact them.

In the past you couldn't cancel an item if it was the last one and it would make you no longer eligible for the promotion.

Did that change recently?

kevin1025

Banned
Question! If I sign up for Amazon Prime Student, can I retroactively make an order free two-day shipping? I'm hoping to trim the shipping costs on the last 30% pre-order spree.

mdubs

Banned
Question! If I sign up for Amazon Prime Student, can I retroactively make an order free two-day shipping? I'm hoping to trim the shipping costs on the last 30% pre-order spree.

Yeah, they'll do it as an exception but you won't get much push-back

c-murph

I pre-ordered Resident Evil 4 and 5 on PS4 with that Amazon deal. Not bad for getting a physical release for some of my fav games.

Yeah, I haven't bought a Capcom product brand new since they cancelled MML3. So pissy.

But I caved and Pre-ordered all three. (RE4, RE5, RE6). I mean $20 bucks a game? Why not? They'll look good forever sealed next to my used REmake/Zero. Just waiting for the RE2 and RE3 remake now Crapcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom