• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
In the past you couldn't cancel an item if it was the last one and it would make you no longer eligible for the promotion.

Did that change recently?
It'll give you an error if try to cancel it on the website but it goes through fine on the mobile app.

Lol R6: Siege Gold is $5 on Best Buy's website. But as you would expect, its unavailable online or in stores.

EDIT: Its also $70 on Amazon.ca ($50 off), and you can actually buy it

When i saw this I called best buy customer service about the order I placed last month and the cs rep said that the 30 day period price guarantee on my purchase lapsed by mere hours. She laughed as she said it lapsed during the night..

But she said because it was so close and there was no way I could know, she would do the adjustment for me and refund the difference back to my method of payment. I got rs6 siege gold for 4.96 +tax!

daftstar

Question. I've never pre-ordered online from Amazon or BestBuy since I usually just do it in-store (mainly EB Games) and pick it up from there.

I want games on day 1 so what would be my best option to take advantage of this 20% off 2 or more pre-order deal?

Elitist1945

When i saw this I called best buy customer service about the order I placed last month and the cs rep said that the 30 day period price guarantee on my purchase lapsed by mere hours. She laughed as she said it lapsed during the night..

But she said because it was so close and there was no way I could know, she would do the adjustment for me and refund the difference back to my method of payment. I got rs6 siege gold for 4.96 +tax!

You lucky bastard! I WANT IT FOR $5 TOO.

kevin1025

Banned
Same here.

Actually all of those upcoming capcom and sega titles have delayed delivery estimates.

I checked into it, the customer service dude at Amazon I spoke to said it's being released on April 1, not March 29. I don't know if it's true or not, though. Maybe physical version is a little late?

F4r0_Atak

Question. I've never pre-ordered online from Amazon or BestBuy since I usually just do it in-store (mainly EB Games) and pick it up from there.

I want games on day 1 so what would be my best option to take advantage of this 20% off 2 or more pre-order deal?

If you want them day one and take advantage of that pre-order discount, just based on my purchases, Amazon has been inconsistent for most of my pre-orders' deliveries (despite having a pretty good CS) while BestBuy has been spot on so far with their deliveries. Although, Amazon is easier to cancel items individually compared to BestBuy.

FrsDvl

Twelve packs of Coca-Cola have Buy One, Get One Free coupons for Cineplex. I got mine at Walmart.

The only annoying thing is that they're online only, as I don't have a credit card and prefer to just go to the box office like people used to.

Cineplex takes PayPal and Interac online as well ;)

daftstar

If you want them day one and take advantage of that pre-order discount, just based on my purchases, Amazon has been inconsistent for most of my pre-orders' deliveries (despite having a pretty good CS) while BestBuy has been spot on so far with their deliveries. Although, Amazon is easier to cancel items individually compared to BestBuy.

Yeah I went with BestBuy since Amazon could take a few business days to deliver. It would've been best if I could use this promo and just pick it up in store on release day after work as a personal guarantee.

But if BestBuy delivers on day 1 I'm fine with that. Thanks.

Renewed

Amazon (non-Prime) and Best Buy are the same for me (day 1 or the next day in the case of XenobladeX). In the end I go with where I can get a better deal (which turned out to be amazon that one time lol)

NYR

It's the correct price relative to the USD, but it is unfortunate that wages haven't gone up like... at all.
True, but Technically, we get more for our working dollar then an American. Up until a few years ago, they didn't even have health care, and most people in the US only get 2 weeks off.

daftstar

Amazon (non-Prime) and Best Buy are the same for me (day 1 or the next day in the case of XenobladeX). In the end I go with where I can get a better deal (which turned out to be amazon that one time lol)

Really huh? Amazon had the better deal for Uncharted 4 at $74.99 but as soon as I saw estimated delivery date for standard shipping almost a week after release I was like hell no lol.

Yeah, I haven't bought a Capcom product brand new since they cancelled MML3. So pissy.

But I caved and Pre-ordered all three. (RE4, RE5, RE6). I mean $20 bucks a game? Why not? They'll look good forever sealed next to my used REmake/Zero. Just waiting for the RE2 and RE3 remake now Crapcom.

Thanks for the heads up, $20 is excellent value.

diaspora

True, but Technically, we get more for our working dollar then an American. Up until a few years ago, they didn't even have health care, and most people in the US only get 2 weeks off.

Sure, but price versus wages have gotten significantly worse irrespective of the US wages or US prices. The prices are accurate- sure but the change in CAD prices versus the change CAD wages is terrible.

Did anyone here preorder SMTxFire Emblem from Futureshop during one of their E3 sales? I emailed them for a status update but they told me that its still called SMTxFE in my order even though its calles Tokyo Mirage Session on the BB website.

Fularu

Banned
Did anyone here preorder SMTxFire Emblem from Futureshop during one of their E3 sales? I emailed them for a status update but they told me that its still called SMTxFE in my order even though its calles Tokyo Mirage Session on the BB website.

Mine still has that name but with the proper release date

Luigi87

As long as the dollar keeps trending in the right direction I'm happy.

Already saving $3-ish on my Gundam Breaker 3 pre-order compared to when I initially ordered it.

Kyolux

Btw are you able to check your FS order without emailing them?

Just find you order number in your email. And in order status section of best buy, if you go by order number, you'll have a link to Future shop orders.

--
Regarding Amazon/Best Buy deliveries.. Amazon has always been better for me than Best Buy. BB always means that I gotta wait on the next day/after the week-end (for Friday releases) since they don't safe drop at my door.

But.. I have Amazon prime, which probably helps.

Clive

If I make a separate order for two July games and the E3 deals turn out to be better, will Amazon let me cancel the entire order easily? Both are July games so neither will have shipped.

If I make a separate order for two July games and the E3 deals turn out to be better, will Amazon let me cancel the entire order easily? Both are July games so neither will have shipped.

If your canceling the entire order I don't see why you'd have any trouble. Don't even have to call them can cancel straight from the website.

Just realized pre-ordering the two Dragon Quest 3DS games might have been stupid, they're gonna release after E3 so its better to just use the 30% discount, same goes for MH generations...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Hmmm is there a small print run on this game? I want to pick this up eventually because I've been told it's a lot better than the 1st game. I wouldn't play it right now though, so I can wait for the price to go lower.

Oh also Overwatch is valid for pre-order discount if someone didn't already somehow get in on that.

I got it in release day and still haven't opened it yet :(

Fularu

Banned
Steam is savage. Put RE4+5+6 at $23 CAD the same day you can preorder it on Amazon for $67.

Those aren't the HD remasters though (for what it's worth)

Also it's 60 on Amazon right now (I guess 67 if you count tax) but you get 3 nice bluray boxes (lol).

Damn, I don't know what to order with Valkyria Chronicles. Wish Atelier Sophie was up.

Bravely Second? Sega Classics 3D? 7th Dragon? Shiren?

terrible

Banned
I'm struggling to come up with a 2nd game for my pre-order. Quantum Break is basically the only game I don't already have pre-ordered and it looks.. eh. Probably not my thing (at that price point).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom