• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

yeah dude, shit sucks :(

we might be able to buy them later on. maybe tho.

Don't care enough for it.. Love the game, but I don't care much for swag anymore. But I was expecting to get it since I think my friend had his from his release VLR?

No_Style

I want Monster Hunter a Generations (it would be my first MH) but $45? And I don't have a second game to pre-order at the moment. I might just wait...

Fularu

Banned
lol, Amazon just shipped my copy yesterday with Hyrule Warriors 3DS. And I never got any preorder DLC code from them either. Wonder if I should hit up a CSR for that.

You should, they refunded me 20%

I want Monster Hunter a Generations (it would be my first MH) but $45? And I don't have a second game to pre-order at the moment. I might just wait...

Just cancel the second game down the road using the phone application as suggested by Fuzzy

But then again, it will probably be 30% come E3

BadHand

I pre-ordered RE4 HD, No Mans Sky and Adr1ft.

I don't know to much about Adr1ft, just that it looks like a pretty awesome VR experience. Amazon lists it as $39.99 CAD, but the US price is $19.99, so hopefully this is adjusted. I think E3 preorder discounts, in the past, have only been valid on games over $39.99 so i'm glad i could get RE 4 discounted.

Anyway, that makes 15 preorders across BB, FS and Amazon. Dammit.

diaspora

Those aren't the HD remasters though (for what it's worth)

Also it's 60 on Amazon right now (I guess 67 if you count tax) but you get 3 nice bluray boxes (lol).

Bravely Second? Sega Classics 3D? 7th Dragon? Shiren?

They're all native HD in the first place... >.> And $23 is the total cost.

I suppose thats another deal actually for the thread- get RE4, 5, and 6 for $23 total, no tax.

Fularu

Banned
They're all native HD in the first place... >.> And $23 is the total cost.

I suppose thats another deal actually for the thread- get RE4, 5, and 6 for $23 total, no tax.

We don't know yet. RE 5 and 6 are just the original PC Ports and RE4 HD is the original PS3 port. We don'T know if they'll be enhanced in any way (outside of including every single DLC)

ohlawd

Monster Hunter games are always packed with content. You can be sure you're getting your money's worth like five times over.

not sure if I should jump in now or cross my fingers and hope it drops to $20.

$20 is my magic price too. I'm gonna wait.

Past

Capcom's pricing is weird. So RE4 HD, RE5, RE6 PS4/X1 are $24.99 each, but RE Origins Collection is $54.99 and Mega Man Legacy Collection $39.99? What. Why is RE Origins Collection and Mega Man Legacy Collection so damn expensive?

Did the first game go that cheap? I'd pay $10-15 for it too probably.

I double-checked, because I'm also trying to decide if I want this or not. The first Project X Zone did eventually hit $15 in an eShop sale, and it might have been in a Best Buy clearance (though I couldn't find anything on RFD to that effect), but that's about it. I'd say you can probably wait for an eShop sale if you're not bothered about physical vs. digital. If you need that cart, though, harder to say.

Clive

I bought Project X Zone 1 brand spanking new for $15 at EB Games within a year from its launch. This was of course during the glory days of the Canadian dollar. Can't say it was worth that much even to be honest.

No_Style

Monster Hunter games are always packed with content. You can be sure you're getting your money's worth like five times over.

I'm not worried about content per se. The concern is what if I just didn't care for MH.

Also, thanks everyone for the future cancelation suggestion. I'm well aware of it but it always slips my mind when I'm skimming through all those games.

Sora_N

I double-checked, because I'm also trying to decide if I want this or not. The first Project X Zone did eventually hit $15 in an eShop sale, and it might have been in a Best Buy clearance (though I couldn't find anything on RFD to that effect), but that's about it. I'd say you can probably wait for an eShop sale if you're not bothered about physical vs. digital. If you need that cart, though, harder to say.

Yeah I don't care if it's digital considering how disappointing the first game was.

I bought Project X Zone 1 brand spanking new for $15 at EB Games within a year from its launch. This was of course during the glory days of the Canadian dollar. Can't say it was worth that much even to be honest.

I'm glad I only paid $25. Game lost me so early on for something that had me pretty hyped.

Fularu

Banned

Game was only 35$ (minus 30%) on release anyway at that time

PFD

Steam. GMG has it for $64~ CAD while Steam has it for $61.17 CAD

I will probably get it directly from Steam then. How long will the 8% deal last? I was planning to wait until release

Also, is there any point in getting the deluxe/season pass? There doesn't seem to be any additional discount from getting that

Needham

I will probably get it directly from Steam then. How long will the 8% deal last? I was planning to wait until release

Also, is there any point in getting the deluxe/season pass? There doesn't seem to be any additional discount from getting that

The 8% discount is for preordering, so I would assume it should be there until release day.

There's no discount for getting the deluxe version. You get the same 8% discount on the base game and then they just added the full price of the season pass on top. I'd just wait and see if they offer any deals on the DLC later.

Sealtest

So are these Crown Royal Northern Harvest rye's really that hard to get? I was out shopping and found a bunch of them at my local LCBO.

diaspora

Since it's a preorder deal, probably until release. There's also no real deals on the Season Pass, you can get 20% off on GMG probably but that only makes it $1 cheaper than the Steam version anyway.

edit: GMG's deluxe edition is also a fraction of a dollar more expensive than preordering it on Steam. $90 and change in CAD on GMG versus $89-ish on Steam.

Capcom's pricing is weird. So RE4 HD, RE5, RE6 PS4/X1 are $24.99 each, but RE Origins Collection is $54.99 and Mega Man Legacy Collection $39.99? What. Why is RE Origins Collection and Mega Man Legacy Collection so damn expensive?

Origins' price rationale is a mystery.

Mega man, I get, as a retro gamer. These command huge $ on the cartridge market. People who want these will pay, no doubt.

You can bet to see re4,5,and 6 become console-bundle throw ins at xmas....

When i saw this I called best buy customer service about the order I placed last month and the cs rep said that the 30 day period price guarantee on my purchase lapsed by mere hours. She laughed as she said it lapsed during the night..

But she said because it was so close and there was no way I could know, she would do the adjustment for me and refund the difference back to my method of payment. I got rs6 siege gold for 4.96 +tax!

fuck, i def woulda bought it for that price. i might have even double dipped for PS4 too to play with even more friends.

I said screw it, and returned the Uncharted 4 DualShock 4 I had purchased. The colour just doesn't do much for me. Not enough to spend $90, anyways. I'd prefer the Anniversary or Glacier Blue for sure.

The faded blue and copper Xbox One controllers are tempting -- blue especially -- but there's no grips on the back which is fucking bullshit at $74.99.

kevin1025

Banned
A quick heads up for those that are going to be picking up the Resident Evil games (4, 5 and 6): Resident Evil 6 is up on the Xbox Store for $28.99+tax as the pre-order price, whereas if you do the 20% pre-order deal on Amazon it comes out to $19.99+tax!

A quick heads up for those that are going to be picking up the Resident Evil games (4, 5 and 6): Resident Evil 6 is up on the Xbox Store for $28.99+tax as the pre-order price, whereas if you do the 20% pre-order deal on Amazon it comes out to $19.99+tax!

Do they have release dates yet? I've lost track.

I'm in for RE4 and 5, I think. Six was too horrid. I loved 4, and need to play through it again, but bought 5 and never got around to playing it. My cousin told me he'd do co-op with me, then went ahead and played it with someone else.

kevin1025

Banned
Do they have release dates yet? I've lost track.

I'm in for RE4 and 5, I think. Six was too horrid. I loved 4, and need to play through it again, but bought 5 and never got around to playing it. My cousin told me he'd do co-op with me, then went ahead and played it with someone else.

RE6 is on Tuesday (although Amazon customer support says it won't ship until Friday?), while 5 is summer and 4 is fall. It's worth pre-ordering the two of them if you're only interested in 4 and 5, you're saving over $10 each through Amazon then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom