• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVCY201

A quick heads up for those that are going to be picking up the Resident Evil games (4, 5 and 6): Resident Evil 6 is up on the Xbox Store for $28.99+tax as the pre-order price, whereas if you do the 20% pre-order deal on Amazon it comes out to $19.99+tax!

Capcom charging an extra $10 for straight ports with 1080p and 60fps because, Canada...
Oh dear. Glad I'm getting them on Amazon

kevin1025

Banned
Guys I don't know what to preorder along with Monster Hunter Generations to get my discount. Any suggestions? =(

Are you looking for something to add to just get the discount, or another game that you'd be interested in? What console would you like to pre-order for? I'd say pre-order anything that's later than the Monster Hunter release and do the mobile trick of canceling afterwards, if that's what you're looking to do!

Are you looking for something to add to just get the discount, or another game that you'd be interested in? What console would you like to pre-order for? I'd say pre-order anything that's later than the Monster Hunter release and do the mobile trick of canceling afterwards, if that's what you're looking to do!

Both I guess. I mean, looking at the Canadian dollar I swore off preordering more games. Now that MH is announced I don't know of anything good coming out anymore so I'm a little lost. Pretty much open to anything PS4/3DS/WiiU(lol).

If it comes down to that I'll probably preorder and cancel but I wouldn't mind preordering something that I end up discovering and loving in the end!

Fularu

Banned
Both I guess. I mean, looking at the Canadian dollar I swore off preordering more games. Now that MH is announced I don't know of anything good coming out anymore so I'm a little lost. Pretty much open to anything PS4/3DS/WiiU(lol).

If it comes down to that I'll probably preorder and cancel but I wouldn't mind preordering something that I end up discovering and loving in the end!

It's coming out this summer. I would tell you to just wait for the e3 deal and 30% off

Firestorm

May has Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Uncharted 4, and Overwatch.

FrsDvl

I decided not to pre order anything this time around, but ended up with RE 4 and 5. Would've got 6 as well, but it's only 24,99 on PS4, and i don't want it for 29,99 on XB1

Hard to pass up on 2 great games for 20$ each, really.

Gxgear

Screw it, Deus Ex ordered with Bravely Second for the 20%. Only game I've resisted preordering since I didn't finish Human Revolution.

kevin1025

Banned

It's coming out this summer. I would tell you to just wait for the e3 deal and 30% off

Yeah, your best bet might be waiting for E3 and getting the 30%. That way E3 will fill in the gaps of what you're looking for, plus discounts a little more!

This might be old news...but Vita screen protectors used to be like $20 for a two pack at Walmart, but they're discounted to .97 now....at least at my local store.

eb games tweeted again that PSVR is available for pre-order in store and in VERY LIMITED QUANTITIES(it's been lasting since tuesday...).

It's tough to sell things on Kijiji these days. I've been trying to sell LEGO Dimensions' Starter Set and a bundle containing the Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Set and some extras, but no luck.

Maybe people just don't have Xbox Ones here.

Ondore

...I'm going to can my Bravely/MHG preorder, I think. Going to have something else to play for review when Bravely comes out, I'm not feeling the demo, didn't feel the first one and Generations is coming out after E3 so I can get a better deal.

Still no Trails of Cold Steel 2/Pokemon or anything else I want to preorder, either. mrgrgr

It's tough to sell things on Kijiji these days. I've been trying to sell LEGO Dimensions' Starter Set and a bundle containing the Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Set and some extras, but no luck.

Maybe people just don't have Xbox Ones here.

Or you're asking for too much money

Or you're asking for too much money

Perhaps, but people usually send offers regardless.

I don't think I'm asking for too much:

Disney Infinity 3.0 (with an extra play set, the kart racing add-on, power discs and an extra figure) - $80

LEGO Dimensions Starter Set (I haven't even played it. It's just collecting dust and I don't know if I'll get to it) - $80

I'm asking $50 for an extra controller I got, and tested, but never actually used for gaming. It's black.

Fularu

Banned
Perhaps, but people usually send offers regardless.

I don't think I'm asking for too much:

Disney Infinity 3.0 (with an extra play set, the kart racing add-on, power discs and an extra figure) - $80

LEGO Dimensions Starter Set (I haven't even played it. It's just collecting dust and I don't know if I'll get to it) - $80

I'm asking $50 for an extra controller I got, and tested, but never actually used for gaming. It's black.
You're asking far too much, people won't bother

You can get 3.0 brand new on sale for 40$ and Dimension has been as low as 45$.

As for your controller, they go on sale for 40-45$ prety often.

You're asking far too much, people won't bother

You can get 3.0 brand new on sale for 40$ and Dimension has been as low as 45$.

As for your controller, they go on sale for 40-45$ prety often.

I haven't seen them that cheap.

The 3.0 bundle has a lot of stuff with it. Play Sets that were $40/25 each, an extra figure.

killroy87

I haven't seen them that cheap.

The 3.0 bundle has a lot of stuff with it. Play Sets that were $40/25 each, an extra figure.
Amazon literally had the PS4 Star Wars set (which comes with the extra old trilogy play set and an extra boba fett) for $85 last week. And yeah, Dimensions is $79 on the regular (it's never been in the 40's though, I woulda bought it).

You might get some offers, but yeah, that's a bit high

Amazon literally had the PS4 Star Wars set (which comes with the extra old trilogy play set and an extra boba fett) for $85 last week. And yeah, Dimensions is $79 on the regular (it's never been in the 40's though, I woulda bought it).

You might get some offers, but yeah, that's a bit high

I'd honestly be fine with just getting $60 for Disney and maybe $50-60 for Dimensions. I just don't want to price things too low, because people ALWAYS lowball me.

Corey31

I'd honestly be fine with just getting $60 for Disney and maybe $50-60 for Dimensions. I just don't want to price things too low, because people ALWAYS lowball me.

Wish you lived in my area, I'd consider that Disney Infinity 3.0 package at $60.

That said, I'm hoping I can find the 3.0 Starter Set for $20 at some point. Like I did 1.0 and 2.0.

Yes they are.

Geeze, really? So they're only open for one day during their Easter sale. Last night, I did the "reserve in-store" option on a New 3DS that's on sale. Am I going to get screwed out of the price because they only hold those items for 24 hours?

Edit: Never mind. The website says it's a three day sale ending today , but the in-store flyer says the sale ends on the 31st. All will (hopefully) be well.

Firestorm

Why ?

I never take pictures or videos with my phone so 16Gb is waaaaaaay enough for me.
Most of the world doesn't have the same phone usage as you. I don't take too many photos and I definitely would have to micromanage my phone. 4GB is taken up by the OS which is 25% of your storage. I haven't even added more music to my phone in a while though I'll probably sign up for Apple Music soon and that'll increase my music usage. Not a big fan of streaming only -- especially for travel. Currently I've used 35.6GB of my phone's storage with 19.8GB remaining. A lot of apps take up much more space than you'd think:

IXQ3qcE.png

Even if I delete the videos I put into Infuse before my last trip I'd have used up 25GB which is double the amount in a 16GB phone...

Fularu

Banned
Pretty much everyone I know has 16GB or less with zero storage issues. I'd say you're in the minority with 32GB+ being used.

I have 6 gbs free on my 64gb iPhone 6+ and most people I know are constantly deleting and removing videos/apps/music from their phone to satisfy the puny space they have.

My next phone will have 128 gb

Most of the world doesn't have the same phone usage as you. I don't take too many photos and I definitely would have to micromanage my phone. 4GB is taken up by the OS which is 25% of your storage. I haven't even added more music to my phone in a while though I'll probably sign up for Apple Music soon and that'll increase my music usage. Not a big fan of streaming only -- especially for travel. Currently I've used 35.6GB of my phone's storage with 19.8GB remaining. A lot of apps take up much more space than you'd think:

Even if I delete the videos I put into Infuse before my last trip I'd have used up 25GB which is double the amount in a 16GB phone...

I feel like you aren't the majority of phone users. I mean, there are lots of people who don't use their phone to do everything. There are also lots of users who only have a small amount of select apps they use, and don't really change that. Even people who take pictures will likely delete them after uploading/transferring somewhere else.

Personally, I don't really put stuff on it, I have some music but I rarely listen to anything on my phone. Beyond normal phone stuff, I only use it for Youtube/Twitch, or browsing the web/emails. My heaviest use didn't even hit 40% storage (16GB).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel like you aren't the majority of phone users. I mean, there are lots of people who don't use their phone to do everything. There are also lots of users who only have a small amount of select apps they use, and don't really change that. Even people who take pictures will likely delete them after uploading/transferring somewhere else.

Personally, I don't really put stuff on it, I have some music but I rarely listen to anything on my phone. Beyond normal phone stuff, I only use it for Youtube/Twitch, or browsing the web/emails. My heaviest use didn't even hit 40% storage (16GB).

I think it depends. If you play mobile games, you'll see games take up 2 or more gigs of space. The idolmaster games that were pulled (which means you have to keep them on your device forever or lose access to them) are 3.5 gigs each.
I also have an iOS bug where the podcast app is taking 6 gigs of space even though I don't even use it anymore. lol

If you use your phone as a phone, then yeah, I can see surviving with a 16gb device.

kennah

Any meet ups in Vancouver happening soon? I'm on tour for work and spending a bunch of time in the West Coast for the next two weeks. Kelowna for a few days right now, then Victoria, Nanaimo and Vancouver each for a few days. Woo

Yasumi

Banned
I think it depends. If you play mobile games, you'll see games take up 2 or more gigs of space. The idolmaster games that were pulled (which means you have to keep them on your device forever or lose access to them) are 3.5 gigs each.
I also have an iOS bug where the podcast app is taking 6 gigs of space even though I don't even use it anymore. lol

If you use your phone as a phone, then yeah, I can see surviving with a 16gb device.
That's what I do. I got a 32GB iPod touch for Apple stuff, since if I'm playing games and listening to music on my main communication device, the battery's going to be drained super fast. I have an old 8GB Samsung Galaxy Gio for all of my phone needs, and it's perfect.

ohlawd

I have a 32 gig phone and that thing's tiny. don't really use my phone for anything beyond reading and I'm sitting at 10 gigs empty. if I had waited a week to buy a phone, I could have doubled to 64 ;_;

I have no idea of what size my phone is, to be honest. I don't remember getting options.

There's little on it, though, so I don't think 16GB would be too small for me. Then again, I'd want to err on the side of caution just in case.

But I don't like mobile games very much, or use music services/store music on the phone.

etta

my hard graphic balls
If anyone is in the market for a good mechanical keyboard and The Division on PC, I just bought a Logitech G810 that comes with a copy of The Division for $174.99 from NCIX. It's $25 off the regular price and The Division is only supposed to be included until April 1st.

Fularu

Banned
If anyone is in the market for a good mechanical keyboard and The Division on PC, I just bought a Logitech G810 that comes with a copy of The Division for $174.99 from NCIX. It's $25 off the regular price and The Division is only supposed to be included until April 1st.

The G910 is 160$ and also comes with the game. It's also the higher end model and you can price match it on NCIX to avoid paying your province's taxes.

Edit : Here's a link, use NCIX's price match option while checking out :

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=12661106913

Fularu

Banned
Thanks guys, guess I'll wait and hope that our economy isn't so bad that we don't get preorder deals this year lol.

This is doubtfull. We're getting 20 and 30% off several times a year now and it's not that surprising. Best Buy and Amazon both have 20% off in the US as a permanent feature.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yea and sales have definitely taken a nosedive with the $80 prices, so they kinda need these sales to move product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom