• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally forgot I pre-ordered Metal Gear Solid 5: The Lost Tapes from cdjapan and it just shipped.

Returning it back is going to suck.

kevin1025

Banned
So is Amazon getting RE6 HD late or what? Delivery estimate is April 5th for me.

I think someone here asked, and was told that the retail copy was slightly delayed until April 1 or so

Yep, I asked a couple of days back and again just now to double check, customer service told me that the shipping date is April 1st, even though the release date is tomorrow. This time they said that the physical copies are not being released until Friday. He did switch my shipping to priority for free so I get it on next Monday the 4th rather than the 5th, though, so it's not so bad! You should ask and maybe they'll do the same for you.

Lexxism

Deal Check:

Worth paying $90 to get DOAX3 since it wont be coming here?

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/dead-a...4-p-23705.html

Your alternative is play-asia or buying some hong kong PSN money.

It's cheaper to get it on PSN (around $77 and no tax) or import from play-asia ($78 + $5 shipping, and most of the time you don't need to pay for duty when using cheap shipping option)
And don't forget the coupon for $5 off that you can get.

Clive

Play-Asia sends out a coupon for $5 off the next purchase you make over $60 with every order. You might be able to find one of those coupon codes online in case someone didn't use theirs.

There's also a permanent discount code for $3 off any order (I don't think the over $60 limitation applies for this code). That code is "Gematsu". I have used it several times.

edit: Ninja'd. I mentioned the minimum order value of $60 so I'll let my post stay.

Tapejara

Ain't nobody buying jack shit with PS4K aboot to hit the streets. The OG PS4 is obsolete now y'all.
:p

Ugh, I don't even want to know how much the PS4K is going to retail for up here. Best case scenario is takes the spot of the current model, but I could see it being priced at $449 if the standard model doesn't get a heavy discount.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Ugh, I don't even want to know how much the PS4K is going to retail for up here. Best case scenario is takes the spot of the current model, but I could see it being priced at $449 if the standard model doesn't get a heavy discount.

$499 USD. $649 CAD believe it.

Best case scenario all it does is "play 4K content" which means movies/videos and not 4k resolution games (because realistically, it would have to be a over $1000 to do that reasonably) so you won't even have a reason to buy one and the OG PS4 is discounted nicely.

The PS4K thread right now is really really fun and active. Everything from "$399-$499, vr only, awful idea, best idea, memories of 32x, but look at iPad!" Etc etc. Truly an entertaining read.

krae_man

No point freaking out until we know what's happening.

Besides with how long development takes, it will be 4 years before any 4.5 only games will be finished:p

The PS4K thread right now is really really fun and active. Everything from "$399-$499, vr only, awful idea, best idea, memories of 32x, but look at iPad!" Etc etc. Truly an entertaining read.

I think this is the most divided I've ever seen GAF on a single topic.

Everyone complained last gen was too long.
Everyone complains this gen is too short.

Everyone complains consoles are too underpowered compared to pc.
Everyone complains when consoles may follow a PC like upgrade scheme.

Sealtest

Guess I won't be buying a PS VR and just upgrade my GPU and wait on the PSVR until sony confirms it'll work on pc. No way i'll spend 5-600 Canadian on a console upgrade in the same generation.

Any good recommendations? Currently have an xfx 7970 DD.

Guess I won't be buying a PS VR and just upgrade my GPU and wait on the PSVR until sony confirms it'll work on pc. No way i'll spend 5-600 Canadian on a console upgrade in the same generation.

Any good recommendations? Currently have an xfx 7970 DD.

when in doubt, get GTX970

Tapejara

$499 USD. $649 CAD believe it.

This would be a nightmare.

Best case scenario all it does is "play 4K content" which means movies/videos and not 4k resolution games (because realistically, it would have to be a over $1000 to do that reasonably) so you won't even have a reason to buy one and the OG PS4 is discounted nicely.

Truthfully I'm planning on hopping on the 4K/UHD train this year, so I might pick one up if it ends being cheaper than a UHD Blu-ray player.

KJA

I haven't bought a PS4 yet but I guess I'll be cancelling my pre-order of Uncharted 4 from Amazon until we get more news about the whatever the hell Sony is up to.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody knows an online store where I can buy Asics or New Balance shoes?

I need 4E wide shoes cause I have big feets which really sucks cause that really limits my choices.

I've been using NB shoes for a while now but there's isn't any good Training shoes available on their site right now in my size (Size 10/4E) so that's no good.

Asics doesn't have an online store.

I know Sports Experts but they don't specify the width of the shoes on their site so can't really buy there either.

krae_man

Anybody knows an online store where I can buy Asics or New Balance shoes?

I need 4E wide shoes cause I have big feets which really sucks cause that really limits my choices.

I've been using NB shoes for a while now but there's isn't any good Training shoes available on their site right now in my size (Size 10/4E) so that's no good.

Asics doesn't have an online store.

I know Sports Experts but they don't specify the width of the shoes on their site so can't really buy there either.

Do you have a Reebok outlet where you live? I go there for my 4E shoes.

kevin1025

Banned
there is no chance I'm buying a PS4K and NX this holiday. PS4K can wait.

Yeah, NX is my holiday plan as well, along with the Amazon pre-orders I've amassed over the year. I have so many PS4 games to finish (and PS3 still...) that I can wait till fall 2017 for a PS4K.

Plus I cringe to think of what the CDN price will be.

ohlawd

Do they charge HST?

MskeH62.png

iunno, looks like just GST to me. I live in BC.

krae_man

Does Reebok have actual stores (like NB do?) I never actually looked at Reebok shoes... I know they have some in Footlockers and probably Sports Expert too.

There's an outlet store just outside of town where I live(Kitchener), and I buy my shoes in person there. They usually only stock 3 or so shoe types in 4E but that's better then zero.

Use their store locator:

http://www.reebok.ca/

You can buy shoes online but I couldn't figure out how to search based on width.

Hmmm I just found this... No idea how good that site is tho

http://www.33-off.com/mens-asics-gel-kayano-21-4e/

That looks like a straight ripoff of a Reebok shoe I buy:lol

Edit: Footlocker has exactly 1 4E shoe on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom