• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

Anybody knows an online store where I can buy Asics or New Balance shoes?

I need 4E wide shoes cause I have big feets which really sucks cause that really limits my choices.

I've been using NB shoes for a while now but there's isn't any good Training shoes available on their site right now in my size (Size 10/4E) so that's no good.

Asics doesn't have an online store.

I know Sports Experts but they don't specify the width of the shoes on their site so can't really buy there either.

Where do you buy dress/leather shoes man? I have a hard as hell time finding anything that doesn't look crappy. Having biggish feet really sucks.

I'm stumped on runners too. I just use them till they break cuz its such a pain finding shoes.

Fularu

Banned
Where do you buy dress/leather shoes man? I have a hard as hell time finding anything that doesn't look crappy. Having biggish feet really sucks.

I'm stumped on runners too. I just use them till they break cuz its such a pain finding shoes.

I buy everything from Hush Puppies

They'Re good, confortable, durable and of relative quality. Try to order during one of the 60% off site wide sale.

Megasoum

Banned

Honestly, I haven't bought new dress shoes since my high school graduation 15 years ago lol.... I so rarely have to use them that I never really felt the need to change them... I'm probably due for a change now that I think about it lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware

New Balance stores actually sell wide sizes as well.

It's strange, I tried finding a shoe store in Toronto that sold wider/bigger sizes but I couldn't find any. But this was 10 years ago.

It's why people were saying you should order the games during the sale.

Indeed, I was LTTP on that conversation.

Crazy to see, nonetheless. Especially weird given that our dollar has recovered a little bit in the last few weeks versus the recent low so why would Capcom post such a wildly misguided exchange now?

Edit: Nevermind, no point derailing the thread with dollar woes. All the more reason to seek deals I guess. :p

Sora_N

I buy everything from Hush Puppies

They'Re good, confortable, durable and of relative quality. Try to order during one of the 60% off site wide sale.

How often is that? I'll definitely keep an eye out.

Honestly, I haven't bought new dress shoes since my high school graduation 15 years ago lol.... I so rarely have to use them that I never really felt the need to change them... I'm probably due for a change now that I think about it lol

I have to wear them for work sadly. I don't have to suit up so I wouldn't spend that much on a new pair though.

New Balance stores actually sell wide sizes as well.

It's strange, I tried finding a shoe store in Toronto that sold wider/bigger sizes but I couldn't find any. But this was 10 years ago.

Same in Vancouver. Barely any around.

jholmes

Anybody knows an online store where I can buy Asics or New Balance shoes?

I need 4E wide shoes cause I have big feets which really sucks cause that really limits my choices.

I've been using NB shoes for a while now but there's isn't any good Training shoes available on their site right now in my size (Size 10/4E) so that's no good.

Asics doesn't have an online store.

I know Sports Experts but they don't specify the width of the shoes on their site so can't really buy there either.

I haven't worked there since college but bigger Champs Sports stores actually stock a decent array of oversize shoes, and stock more Asics and New Balance than most places. If you're stuck maybe give them a look.

Mind you if you've already been to Foot Locker you might get roughly the same stuff.

Kiro

Reminder, order the Starcraft 2 Nova DLC in the next few hours and you get 33% off. Plus you get a nifty ghost skin for multiplayer.

farisr

My RE6 just shipped so the estimate was just bullshit I guess.
Yeah. Amazon shipments/estimated dates are BS.

Based off my experience with them, it works like this. If it's a free shipping option they'll purposely have high delivery estimates in order to get people to go for the higher paid shipping options or go for Prime. If the game's not high in demand, it'll ship out pretty promptly near release.

If the game is high in demand, it feels like they basically order your shipment based off your purchase price in your shipping bracket. Of course Prime and other paid shipping will be sent out earlier than free shipping, but even with those, it seems to be ordered based off purchase price.

In many cases, it seems a person getting the game with say a 30% discount due to a preorder deal or some price mistake, usually gets it's it later than a person who bought the game at full price later on, even though both opted for the same shipping speed.

Canon

Banned
I'm kind of kicking myself for cancelling my Amazon order of the Pokemon New 3DS... I could have sold it and made like $150-200 profit. I'm just saying that's easy money I missed out on. But I know it's not morally "right." ...Whatever, I can't do it now anyway.

Do couriers not attempt delivery a second time? Purolator brought my MLB 16: The Show copy early today, but I wasn't able to answer the door when they came. They left a note saying they'd attempted delivery, and to pick it up in town at a printing store.

I'm kind of kicking myself for cancelling my Amazon order of the Pokemon New 3DS... I could have sold it and made like $150-200 profit. I'm just saying that's easy money I missed out on. But I know it's not morally "right." ...Whatever, I can't do it now anyway.

I don't know about that.

I bought one, haven't opened it and am still unsure if I really want to keep it. I didn't buy it with the intention of selling it. I bought it, as I mentioned, to keep as my good/clean one and use in my room, so that I could take my XL anywhere with me and not freak out over every speck of dust or grime.

But spending $271 for that, plus the $25 for a case and adapter sounds absurd when I really think about it.

Out of curiosity, I put it up on Kijiji for $300. Really close to what I paid, and I'd maybe throw in the case I bought too. But no bites.

Canon

Banned
I dunno if I can buy it off you right now. But I will say that you shouldn't bother with kijiji and use an online auction if you want profit... I actually probably shouldn't tell you it's going for a lot on auction if I want to buy it (lol) but you will make more online.

EBay auctions are around $300-350, take off 15% in fees and you're only making about $50 tops.

Qwyjibo

Do couriers not attempt delivery a second time?
Never have for me. Neither UPS or Purolator. And Purolator is a pain in the ass in my city with the only pickup being on the outskirts of the city.

Luigi87

MskeH62.png

iunno, looks like just GST to me. I live in BC.

Yeah places are only required to charge provincial taxes to provinces with HST, or if they are selling within their own province PST (IE: If they were based in Vancouver rather than Toronto, you would be charged PST).

... I hate HST in Ontario so much. I hated when they brought it in, and couldn't help but laugh when BC got rid of HST shortly after Ontario decided to adopt it... I envy that.

Madness

There's so many places. Depends on how much you're willing to spend. It can range from Harry Rosen, the Bay, localized outlets etc.

The two very best shoe brands in NA right now would be Alden and Allen Edmonds, but they cost several hundreds. Then you have the once good but now Chinese made crappier shoe brands like Calvin Klein, Florsheim, Stacy Adams, Kenneth Cole, Rockport, Steve Madden etc. Other shoes like Clarks, and many others are decent too.

Even with the dollar difference, Canadian retailers are charging way more right now. So if you do find shoes you like and they're a well known brand or style, Google if theyre sold in the states. Case in point, these calvin Klein cap toe shoes I saw this weekend, were $130 CAD plus tax. Whereas that same shoe is in stock at Amazon.com for $70 USD plus tax. With the dollar difference that only becomes about 94ish CAD. So you can see the markup. I bought two pairs of Allen Edmonds from Nordstrom in the US during a sale a few years back. Cost me about $400 for both and that's our dollar at par. Those same shoes at Harry Rosen are like $490 CAD each right now.

Anth0ny

after watching giant bomb's VR stream earlier today, I am in no rush at all to be pre-ordering any VR stuff, let alone at our ridiculous prices :(

jred2k

Was it bad? Any summary?

I'm just watching through it now, and nothing seems overtly terrible. It's a bunch of tech demoey stuff that doesn't elicit anything further from me than "Huh, that's neat." Nothing that makes me feel like I need to own a VR set.

killroy87

I'm just watching through it now, and nothing seems overtly terrible. It's a bunch of tech demoey stuff that doesn't elicit anything further from me than "Huh, that's neat." Nothing that makes me feel like I need to own a VR set.

Yeah, you could tell which games (Chronos, Luckys Tale) would be considered the killer apps. That said, there are 30 games they tried, so you're gonna have some stinkers.

I wouldn't make my decision on PSVR based on the Oculus launch lineup. If anything, preorder and wait till E3 so we see some concrete examples of launch software.

Remember folks, A.B.P. Always be preordering. A preorder can always be canceled.

Was it bad? Any summary?

I was reading through the thread, no real summary yet but it sounds like a launch-ass launch lineup. Remember when the Wii launched and people were satisfied with Wii Sports for a while, but when people tried to move beyond that it was a whole lot of "well there's Elebits I guess"? It kind of sounds like that, but maybe not as bad.

I'm more strongly considering cancelling my Oculus pre-order, to be honest. Luckily, I have a few more months to watch the ecosystem before my order ships.

kennah

Prices on Nintendo's online store went up again. :( Wonderful 101 is like $41 now instead of $35, everything else went up by a similar amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom