• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon was up now but says it is out of stock. The fuck!?

Managed to get it on Best Buy right away. Something really fucked on Amazon though.

farisr

Amazon was up now but says it is out of stock. The fuck!?
Keep on refreshing or try a different browser. It randomly showed up for me even though it was showing up out of stock before. May have something to do with caching.

Anyways, got a preorder. Now I have both the bundle and the standalone preordered. We'll see which one's the better deal or if I'm even gonna keep either of them closer to release now.

Hoping for a price mistake. LOL.

Shoeless

I played it paranoid and kept it open on my tablet and my desktop. It came up on my tablet but not desktop browser. Still, managed to nab it. One click ordering worked for me.

Keep on refreshing or try a different browser. It randomly showed up for me even though it was showing up out of stock before. May have something to do with caching.

One click is available but now it's too late.

This is bullshit. I was f5ing right at 10.

BadHand

Picked one up from Best Buy this time, will likely cancel my Amazon launch bundle closer to release, but that depends on if I can sell my existing PS Camera and the retail price of VR Worlds.

Another heads up for Canadian Amazon buyers that missed PSVR preorder:

The cost of ordering from Amazon.com is practically the same as ordering from Canada, including customs and shipping (which practically equates to taxes, with only $5 difference).

Tik-Tok

I addded one to my cart @ Bestbuy and it's giving me the total. I have to pre-pay for the entire thing? Am I misunderstanding?

At least you got the bundle last week right?

But you're right... the Canadian allocation must be pretty small.

they probably had to take into account the people who pre-ordered before when they accidently put them up for sale. still, it was gone in a blink of an eye from my perspective.

At least you got the bundle last week right?

But you're right... the Canadian allocation must be pretty small.

I managed to get the bundle last week on Amazon and Best Buy and I still ordered a core this week on Best Buy as soon as it went up.

So I will be ok.

I prefer having my orders on Amazon though. I may go with the bundle anyway for PS Worlds.

they probably had to take into account the people who pre-ordered before when they accidently put them up for sale. still, it was gone in a blink of an eye from my perspective.

I believe they cancelled all of those orders.

I addded one to my cart @ Bestbuy and it's giving me the total. I have to pre-pay for the entire thing? Am I misunderstanding?

I actually thought they were supposed to give us the total anyway. Then again, its been a while since I last pre ordered off Best Buy

BadHand

Another heads up for Canadian Amazon buyers that missed PSVR preorder:

The cost of ordering from Amazon.com is practically the same as ordering from Canada, including customs and shipping (which practically equates to taxes, with only $5 difference).

I'm still hopeful that the CAD price will be adjusted closer to release.

The announced price was just insurance in the event the CAD kept slipping between now and October.

So it's $169 difference between the Core unit and the PS Worlds Bundle with taxes.

The Camera is about $78 with tax (I already have one though)

The Move remotes are hard to say. You can find them for cheap at Shoppers. Between $10 to $20. I am not sure they will stay at that price and we are not sure they will hold a charge as well as new remotes.

PS Worlds. Who knows what that will retail at. I would say around $59.99 CAD but I almost suspect it will be $74.99 because fuck you that's why. So around $85 after tax.

Omlagus

Somehow managed to get an order in on Amazon, on mobile no less. (This was at 10 in case someone thinks they are still available.)

Likely to be cancelled closer to the date, as I'm still having trouble with the insane price up here.

I'm just gonna pray I win the lottery at some point before PSVR comes out then maybe I won't cancel my pre-order

Who am I kidding. DoA Xtreme 3 and Summer Lesson will be worth the price of admission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom