• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
19 PSVR remaining at Bestbuy. I don't understand the allocation numbers between Amazon and BB. This is not the first time Amazon is sold out within minutes while BB is up for a while and BB did not cancel any big per-orders in a while.

BadHand

For me, Walmart will not cancel orders, they say they will "request a cancellation" but it won't ever go through, even months before shipping.

I won't use them to preorder stuff anymore for this reason.

EDIT: BB says "9 remaining"

EDIT 2: GONE

Vamphuntr

Capcom is funny charging 20$ for each RE on console. Pretty much robbery. For the price of 60$ I got all of the RE games currently on steam and they probably run better.

Clive

Capcom is funny charging 20$ for each RE on console. Pretty much robbery. For the price of 60$ I got all of the RE games currently on steam and they probably run better.

The regular price for Resident Evil 6 on Steam is $39.99. Games go on sale when they have been out for a while and so will RE6 console version.

It's a full "remastered" retail game with DLC so I think $20 is lower than expected tbh. That said, I have already played it so it's too much for me to pay. I do think the price is fair either way.

For me, Walmart will not cancel orders, they say they will "request a cancellation" but it won't ever go through, even months before shipping.

I won't use them to preorder stuff anymore for this reason.

EDIT: BB says "9 remaining"

Yeah I'm tempted to order at Walmart because I get a discount, but I know there's am 80% chance I will want to cancel and a 100% chance Walmart won't let me so I'm staying on the sidelines for this one.

Hmm.. never considered playing RE6.. but might consider it on PS4 at that price.

How is it?

It's kind of bad, I mean I didn't hate it as much as most people and I found a few of the concepts in it interesting (intersecting campaigns where you join with players playing the other campaign online and the combat system), but it's 30+ hours of a bad story and poorly explained gameplay that unless I'm mistaken you can't even pause if you play in "online mode" even if no one else is in the game at the time.

Basically if you can look past some pretty glaring flaws for 30+ hours and you're an RE fan it's kinda interesting and you should pick it up, but that's a pretty big if. If you do pick it up read the OT for tips because the game sure won't explain anything.

Kyolux

It's kind of bad, I mean I didn't hate it as much as most people and I found a few of the concepts in it interesting (intersecting campaigns where you join with players playing the other campaign online and the combat system), but it's 30+ hours of a bad story and poorly explained gameplay that unless I'm mistaken you can't even pause if you play in "online mode" even if no one else is in the game at the time.

Basically if you can look past some pretty glaring flaws for 30+ hours and you're an RE fan it's kinda interesting and you should pick it up, but that's a pretty big if. If you do pick it up read the OT for tips because the game sure won't explain anything.

hmm.. sounds like a pass for me then. Stopped being a fan of the series after Code Veronica.

Just walked into an EB. $75 down now for psvr. No edge required. They don't even have allocation numbers but only one person had preordered before me so I am number two on the list. Seems like a safe bet.
Edit: core bundle.

Guy basically said they lifted a lot of the restrictions. Might have been too much before.

Kyolux

Just walked into an EB. $75 down now for psvr. No edge required. They don't even have allocation numbers but only one person had preordered before me so I am number two on the list. Seems like a safe bet.

#2 is good enough. I'd expect any place stocking any at all would at least get 3 or 4, probably a few more.

Shipping woes... I preordered Nights of Azure from Amazon and it released today, but it hasn't shipped and the product page says temporarily out of stock. Booooooo

PSVR is tempting but damn that price is high. I can't do it, the sticker shock is real.

Savitar

That reminds me, do you need anything besides the VR headset and the PS4? Seen bundles with move controllers and the camera so wondering if that's needed or optional stuff.

khaaan

Deal type thing

The Pixel C discount of 25% for developers (no verification required) is available in Canada now. I'm sure it's worth the money but I didn't realize it costs $650 to begin with. $500 is a bit too steep for something I just wanted to play around with.

Killer Instinct Season 3 combo breaker pack is the same price on Canadian Xbox One store (parity!) $19.99

That's nice to see, I might even pick up the season bundle thing if the prices are at parity. I'll have to double check the April game releases though, what's are the major drops next month? Valkyria Chronicles HD? Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Edit: Just looked through my pre-orders. Looks like there's at least Star Fox Zero and Ratchet & Clank, both of which I'm planning on getting. Luckily I got Ratchet at $35 + the 20%-30% discount.

That's nice to see, I might even pick up the season bundle thing if the prices are at parity. I'll have to double check the April game releases though, what's are the major drops next month? Valkyria Chronicles HD? Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Edit: Just looked through my pre-orders. Looks like there's at least Star Fox Zero and Ratchet & Clank, both of which I'm planning on getting. Luckily I got Ratchet at $35 + the 20%-30% discount.

Quantum Break, Dark Souls 3, Ratchet and Clank, Star Fox Zero, Bravely Second and Sega 3D Classics Collection are the noteworthy ones.

speiky

Yeah I'm tempted to order at Walmart because I get a discount, but I know there's am 80% chance I will want to cancel and a 100% chance Walmart won't let me so I'm staying on the sidelines for this one.
You can always just go into your store and return it?

Shipping woes... I preordered Nights of Azure from Amazon and it released today, but it hasn't shipped and the product page says temporarily out of stock. Booooooo

Following up on this I contacted Amazon and it seems it could be delayed up to two weeks. What a bunch of bullshit. I'm tempted to cancel it, which would lose out on the 20% deal but since it's only 59.99 on PSN I still come out ahead after tax since PSN doesn't charge me any. I'd also lose out on 20% of Bravely Second but I can probably just get that later on some other sale, the "localization" changes are turning me off the game anyway.

Ugh, so annoyed with Amazon right now.

Qwyjibo

Not even sure why I ordered Final Fantasy X/X-2. It's not like I'll ever get around to playing it with my backlog. Ah well, the game hoarding continues.

Following up on this I contacted Amazon and it seems it could be delayed up to two weeks. What a bunch of bullshit. I'm tempted to cancel it, which would lose out on the 20% deal but since it's only 59.99 on PSN I still come out ahead after tax since PSN doesn't charge me any. I'd also lose out on 20% of Bravely Second but I can probably just get that later on some other sale, the "localization" changes are turning me off the game anyway.

Ugh, so annoyed with Amazon right now.

Er...why not let amazon know how disappointed you are and ask for compensation due to the late shipping.

Firestorm

Not really a game deal but the Tangerine credit card is open to everyone now. No annual fee. You get 1% cash back on everything as a base, but it's 2% on your chosen categories. You can pick two categories. You can pick three categories if you have a Tangerine bank account.

ky1nHPE.png
Restaurants (Restaurants, Bars, Fast Food, Coffee Shops all included), Groceries, Gas, and Recurring Payments are probably the highest value returns. I signed up for it today and will be switching to this for everyday use and my using my Amazon.ca card just for international use.

https://www.tangerine.ca/en/spending/creditcard/index.html

Lexxism

Not really a game deal but the Tangerine credit card is open to everyone now. No annual fee. You get 1% cash back on everything as a base, but it's 2% on your chosen categories. You can pick two categories. You can pick three categories if you have a Tangerine bank account.

Restaurants (Restaurants, Bars, Fast Food, Coffee Shops all included), Groceries, Gas, and Recurring Payments are probably the highest value returns. I signed up for it today and will be switching to this for everyday use and my using my Amazon.ca card just for international use.

https://www.tangerine.ca/en/spending...ard/index.html
One more thing to add. They currently have 4% cashback bonus on your 3 categories for the first 3 months. It's definitely a good credit card to have. Time to buy bestbuy and amazon gift cards on groceries :)

No_Style

https://www.tangerine.ca/en/spending/creditcard/index.html

Thanks for the head's up! I will do the same setup with my cards as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom