• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jholmes

Tarantino 8 film blu-ray box set for $25.99 @ amazon

so tempting ~.~

Thanks for the heads up. I got that $10 credit on the gift card buy from a month back so I couldn't resist.

One more thing to add. They currently have 4% cashback bonus on your 3 categories for the first 3 months. It's definitely a good credit card to have. Time to buy bestbuy and amazon gift cards on groceries :)

Seconding this. If you don't carry a balance on it, it's a fantastic card. No tap-to-pay though.

SickBoy

Upcoming deal at Shoppers
$249.88 Nintendo Wii U 32GB with Mario Kart (April 2 & 3 ONLY)

http://i.imgur.com/V5OI5qg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QBx8dW9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7xRji4U.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uM3wcmN.jpg

500GB PS4 $430 with $50 GC
500GB XB1 $400 with $50 GC
New 3DS XL $180
2DS $80
32" LCD TV $150

God damn. I have $170 in Shoppers points burning a hole in my pocket, but outside of the improved 3D, almost no desire to actually get a N3DS. Still so tempted.

Anyway, I was wondering what was up. My neighbourhood Shoppers has a little case at the front of the store that they fill with their scant electronics offerings. This week, I noticed four or more Xboxes and PS4s up there. Definitely unusual stock levels for this store in particular.

Firestorm

Getting one of those credit card machines that say "No Tap" written on top of a taped piece of paper can straight up ruin a dinner.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Upcoming deal at Shoppers
$249.88 Nintendo Wii U 32GB with Mario Kart (April 2 & 3 ONLY)

http://i.imgur.com/V5OI5qg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QBx8dW9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7xRji4U.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uM3wcmN.jpg

500GB PS4 $430 with $50 GC
500GB XB1 $400 with $50 GC
New 3DS XL $180
2DS $80
32" LCD TV $150
I buy a n3DS XL for regular price, then EB has a deal for the n3DS XL with Hyrule Warriors for the same price, then Best Buy puts it on sale for $200, now shoppers puts it on sale for $180.

How many times must I return this damn console?! Lol

Qwyjibo

PS4 one has the original soundtrack.
I never played any version of it before. Final Fantasy 9 was the last FF game that I played. But for $20 and having that extra $10 Amazon credit, ehhhhh why not? Maybe I'll start it up sometime this summer.

ohlawd

dumb question

how do I pay off that Tangerine card? >_> I shouldn't use my regular credit card to pay it off that way, yeah?

Sajjaja

dumb question

how do I pay off that Tangerine card? >_> I shouldn't use my regular credit card to pay it off that way, yeah?

No. That's considered a cash advance, and most CCs will charge 21.99% annually on that.

I'm assuming that Tangerine card is a CC as well. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Qwyjibo

dumb question

Online bill payment or transfer from whatever chequing account you have. Anything you would've used your debit card for, charge it instead to the credit card and then pay it off.

Lexxism

dumb question

1. Open a Tangerine chequing account ($0 monthly fee)
2. Or, create a payee on your bank account
3. Print off your bill statement and go to a bank.

justinluey

Neo Member
$499 on Amazon and Amazon buyers are willing to pay more for whatever reason

There is no cost or effort to list on Amazon, so people just list at ridiculous prices to see if someone bites. They aren't selling at those prices and Amazon fees are even more than Ebay.

And I see the same units listed over and over on Kijiji.

ohlawd

No. That's considered a cash advance, and most CCs will charge 21.99% annually on that.

I'm assuming that Tangerine card is a CC as well. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Online bill payment or transfer from whatever chequing account you have. Anything you would've used your debit card for, charge it instead to the credit card and then pay it off.

1. Open a Tangerine chequing account ($0 monthly fee)
2. Or, create a payee on your bank account
3. Print off your bill statement and go to a bank.

cool, thanks guys

I probably shouldn't bother tho. like what are the chances of me getting approved when I'm a broke college student who makes fuck all each month? yoo thank fuck for holidays. what else, my bank did offer (so I didn't ask for it) to raise my credit card limit to $4500 from $1000 like a couple weeks ago. I said sure. good idea, bad idea, too late now. they probably thought I had good spending habits on my card before I went back to school. now I don't buy shit unless it's something I really, really, really want. there's a metric ton of shit I'm clueless on

Sora_N

cool, thanks guys

I probably shouldn't bother tho. like what are the chances of me getting approved when I'm a broke college student who makes fuck all each month? yoo thank fuck for holidays. what else, my bank did offer (so I didn't ask for it) to raise my credit card limit to $4500 from $1000 like a couple weeks ago. I said sure. good idea, bad idea, too late now. they probably thought I had good spending habits on my card before I went back to school. now I don't buy shit unless it's something I really, really, really want. there's a metric ton of shit I'm clueless on

I went to the bank last week and they said I can get 10000. I said no. Lol.

ohlawd

I went to the bank last week and they said I can get 10000. I said no. Lol.

shit man with respect to my earnings, I don't plan on changing my spending habits at all. l had my old limit of 1000 and used only 300 a month, what difference does it make when I use 300 with a limit of 4500? that was my thinking

Sora_N

Credit limit increase? Why lol?

Yeah. I do use my card a lot more but I think they offered it because I had my card for a long time. I don't need 10000 just yet.

shit man with respect to my earnings, I don't plan on changing my spending habits at all. l had my old limit of 1000 and used only 300 a month, what difference does it make when I use 300 with a limit of 4500? that was my thinking

It's worse to use less % of your max isn't it?

etta

my hard graphic balls
It's actually better this way because the ratio of how much of your limit you use impacts your credit rating. I believe if you have <70% free for most of the time it positively affects your rating, where as if the card is almost at the limit most of the time it negatively impacts the rating.
Yeah. I do use my card a lot more but I think they offered it because I had my card for a long time. I don't need 10000 just yet.

It's worse to use less % of your max isn't it?
1. So increase it regardless, you never know when you might need it.
2. No, the opposite. It's healthy to keep a low ratio.

Canon

Banned
There is no cost or effort to list on Amazon, so people just list at ridiculous prices to see if someone bites. They aren't selling at those prices and Amazon fees are even more than Ebay.

And I see the same units listed over and over on Kijiji.
I've sold stuff on Amazon before. Things have sold at ridiculous prices quite a bit. People do bite. I think the type of consumer on Amazon is perhaps richer or lazier than eBay members. Maybe I was lucky a few times I dunno.

Sora_N

It's actually better this way because the ratio of how much of your limit you use impacts your credit rating. I believe if you have <70% free for most of the time it positively affects your rating, where as if the card is almost at the limit most of the time it negatively impacts the rating.

1. So increase it regardless, you never know when you might need it.
2. No, the opposite. It's healthy to keep a low ratio.

Nope. It is much better to have a low utilization rate. If the % is high, they could be a red flag to your credit score.

Thanks. Sorry ohlawd. I was wrong.

I should probably up mine then.

Fularu

Banned
I'm having the greatest amzon CSR talk ever

Nikhil: Hello Fularu!
My name is Nikhil. I'll be glad to assist you today.
Me: Hello Nikhil how are you doing?
Nikhil: I am doing great, Fularu. :) Thank you for asking. How are you doing today?
Me: I'm doing great thank you, and I'm glad you're doing great too! Srping in on the way ;-)
Nikhil: Yes Fularu! Excited about that. :)
Me: It's still cold though :p
Nikhil: Hahah.. you know actually I am located in India and it is already hot here.
Me: I know :p It's cold here for me! It's also night here and day for you :p
I hope to come visit India one day, your country sounds amazing :)
Nikhil: Yes Fularu.
It is absolutely amazing and also kind of crazy. You should visit India.
:D
Me: One of my aunts lived in New Dehli for 3 years and one of my brothers was in Locno (I believe?) for a year
So definitely ;-)
Nikhil: Nice to know that. Yeah it is Lucknow.
And both are insane places. The crowd, the places and the culture are great!
I live in the southern part of India though. New Delhi and Lucknow are in the north region, but I have visited both the places.
Me: The south? Like near Goa and provinces like that?
(Sorry my knowledge of India is rather limited, my apologies)
Nikhil: No worries at all, Fularu. It is great that you know places in India.
Goa comes in the west. I am located in a city called Hyderabad.
Me: Sounds interesting :)
Exotic name for me (to be honest) which makes it sound even more awesome :D
Nikhil: Hahah.. You should come down to Hyderabad if you get a chance when you are in India.
Me: I most definitely will!
Nikhil: But I must warn you, be prepared for spicy food. :p
Me: Eh, no worries, I'm from the mmiddle east, we like our food spicy :p
Nikhil: Nicee..
I love spicy food too.

I'm laughing my ass off

I can't seem to find an option to cancel my Best Buy pre-order on the order status page. I ordered two items, one of them has shipped, and now I want to cancel the remaining item. How do I do that?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I can't seem to find an option to cancel my Best Buy pre-order on the order status page. I ordered two items, one of them has shipped, and now I want to cancel the remaining item. How do I do that?
Once one item has shipped from BB you can't cancel the order online. You now have to either contact them or wait until the other item ships and return it to a store.

bryt

Speaking of credit cards, I forgot my PIN the other day cause I haven't entered my PIN in over 4 months due to tapping all the time. Had to pay by cash...

Sora_N

Send email through the contact us part of the site, put order #.

Ask politely to cancel X item from the order.

Eoyote

Neo Member
Does EB accept game trades without a case? I have a few games I want to get rid of, but they came with a Steelbook as their case (would prefer to keep the Steelbook).

Does EB accept game trades without a case? I have a few games I want to get rid of, but they came with a Steelbook as their case (would prefer to keep the Steelbook).

Sadly they do. Source: the million of games without original box/manual at the bottom of every respective console rack

Sora_N

You lose $1 on the value I think and they won't work with trade in promos but that's it.

trebbble

Something weird happened with a return I just made to Amazon, and I'm wondering if anyone's seen something similar.?

By the tracking number it says that they 'attempted delivery' to Amazon today, that they were unsuccessful, and now says 'item available for pickup'. I doubt Amazon is going to hoof it down to the post office to pick up my return, so does anyone have any suggestions?

Something weird happened with a return I just made to Amazon, and I'm wondering if anyone's seen something similar.?

By the tracking number it says that they 'attempted delivery' to Amazon today, that they were unsuccessful, and now says 'item available for pickup'. I doubt Amazon is going to hoof it down to the post office to pick up my return, so does anyone have any suggestions?

Contact support.

Happened to me before, they "picked it up" the next day and refund went through.

maxcriden

Heyyy all. I'm cross-posting this from B/S/T with the hopes someone can help!

wii-points-20061118032838390.jpg

Any Canadians here with a Shoppers store nearby that has Wii Points cards?

The exchange rate --> America makes it so that I can get these at a discounted price for once. If you're in Canada and your local store (doesn't have to be Shoppers, any store would be great) has some I'd like to ask you to purchase them if it's convenient for you, and I will compensate you for your time. I'll only need the code off the back so no shipping would be needed.

I'm a Gold Buyer/Seller so please contact me with confidence. Thank you!

(I'm also eager to buy any Wii Points card for NA region at a discount.)

Heyyy all. I'm cross-posting this from B/S/T with the hopes someone can help!

wii-points-20061118032838390.jpg

Any Canadians here with a Shoppers store nearby that has Wii Points cards?

The exchange rate --> America makes it so that I can get these at a discounted price for once. If you're in Canada and your local store (doesn't have to be Shoppers, any store would be great) has some I'd like to ask you to purchase them if it's convenient for you, and I will compensate you for your time. I'll only need the code off the back so no shipping would be needed.

I'm a Gold Buyer/Seller so please contact me with confidence. Thank you!

(I'm also eager to buy any Wii Points card for NA region at a discount.)

I thought Nintendo cards were country specific (IE if I buy points in the US I can't use in Canada and vice versa)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom