• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I'll just buy the film by itself and get my $39.99 game from FutureShop.

Damn the Deluxe Edition & Canadian Exchange Rates

Ordered the FF15 Ultimate Collector's.

The steelbooks of the ultimate edition are so boring, I literally just notice them now after staring at the pictures for so long. I assumed it would be the same as the deluxe editions, but it turns out that's just a box in the ultimate.

If I were to but the Deluxe edition just for the steelbook, would it be okay to sell the game, movie, and DLC codes in a regular case and sell them those for cheaper on Kijiji? What would be a fair price, 5 bucks cheaper, 10? I'm a huge fan of steelbooks, and REALLY want the deluxe one.

Also, any way to reassure buyers that the codes for the DLC are unused? I suppose opening up the game for the first time upon meeting up?

sjay1994

Going to keep my Amazon.ca e3 deal for FF15 instead of buying the steelbook.

Can't justify an extra 70 plus shipping for a steelbook.

MarkusRJR

Damn that Ultimate Edition of FFXV looks so awesome, just way too expensive. What's this talk about a FFXV movie? I just got off work and missed all the coverage on the game.

Worst case is you have to wait 2-3 months for the price to drop.

By the way, don't buy anything directly off the eShop. Just use these codes.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/311507188393?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

$15.99 for $20 + two games. Used to be $14.99 so I'm a bit pissed off about that extra buck but whatever.
Is it possible to use multiple $20 codes, or is it a promo sort of thing where I can only use one? Really thinking of stocking up and giving the Mario/Zelda away to friends or GAF or something.

kevin1025

Banned
Did Mafia 3 get a delay I don't know about?

Just got an email from amazon with a place holder release date of jan 2nd 2017.

I don't know if it means anything, but the previous two Mafia games released in August. But who knows!

I could have sword in was launching the same day as Uncharted 4 before it got pushed to May. Ah well.

Quite a few places said April 26th on their page, I guess they're finally scaling back.

Clive

Damn that Ultimate Edition of FFXV looks so awesome, just way too expensive. What's this talk about a FFXV movie? I just got off work and missed all the coverage on the game.

Is it possible to use multiple $20 codes, or is it a promo sort of thing where I can only use one? Really thinking of stocking up and giving the Mario/Zelda away to friends or GAF or something.

I have bought twice from that seller and it worked. $40 eShop credit for me, two games for me and two games for a friend.

What's this talk about a FFXV movie? I just got off work and missed all the coverage on the game.

There's a companion 5ep anime series (each ep is about 12 minutes, first ep is out now), and a full feature length movie. The movie will star Luna, Noctis' dad and Nyx (a guardsman of the King), voiced by Lena Heady (Cersei from GoT), Sean Bean (Ned Stark) and Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad) as the three characters respectively.

Nyx seems exclusive for the movie, and Lena confirmed she is only doing Luna's voice in the movie, NOT the game (Same goes for Sean Bean, since the King in the game trailer doesn't sound like him.)

Movie will be available to stream and download before the launch of the game. The three actors said they just recently finished recording for the movie.

MarkusRJR

I have bought twice from that seller and it worked. $40 eShop credit for me, two games for me and two games for a friend.
Thank you! I remember buying one of these cards back when they went up and wanted to make sure they'd work. Gonna pick up 3 or 4 cards to finish my Virtual Console collection and pick up Pokemon Red and Blue. I'll give away all of the Zelda/Mario codes on GAF probably. I feel like my few IRL friends who game on Nintendo platforms probably own them both.

There's a companion 5ep anime series (each ep is about 12 minutes, first ep is out now), and a full feature length movie. The movie will star Luna, Noctis' dad and Nyx (a guardsman of the King), voiced by Lena Heady (Cersei from GoT), Sean Bean (Ned Stark) and Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad) as the three characters respectively.

Nyx seems exclusive for the movie, and Lena confirmed she is only doing Luna's voice in the movie, NOT the game (Same goes for Sean Bean, since the King in the game trailer doesn't sound like him.)

Movie will be available to stream and download before the launch of the game. The three actors said they just recently finished recording for the movie.
Hmmm... Sounds interesting. Square Enix really is putting everything into FFXV. Genuinely surprised they got Florence and the Machine to do the song in the new trailer.

chrono01

Is the deluxe edition for FFXV up anywhere yet besides the square store?
I placed a pre-order on Amazon.com, just in case we don't. And if we do, I doubt it will be a large allocation. I don't want to take the risk. If I can secure a pre-order from within Canada, I'll cancel my Amazon.com one.

RaidenXZ

I placed a pre-order on Amazon.com, just in case we don't. And if we do, I doubt it will be a large allocation. I don't want to take the risk. If I can secure a pre-order from within Canada, I'll cancel my Amazon.com one.

That's some good thinking right there

I think with a new PS4 coming out I am going to end up becoming a single console gamer with a PC. Th cost of this shit is just going to get too high for me to continue buying multiple shit for multiple consoles. Especially in Canada.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Worst case is you have to wait 2-3 months for the price to drop.

By the way, don't buy anything directly off the eShop. Just use these codes.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/311507188393?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

$15.99 for $20 + two games. Used to be $14.99 so I'm a bit pissed off about that extra buck but whatever.

Thanks for the heads up, just bought two codes for Smash DLC. Last time this was posted it was all sold out and even now there's only a few more left.

Takuan

Edit: ^ And there it is. Will wait for Amazon to put them up. I still have my $40 pre-order too, but I'll just flip it for $70 on release day.

I'm pretty sure Canada will get the Deluxe editions sometime soon. Either our retailers aren't on the ball with this stuff, or we're an afterthought since we're not really a major market.
pre-ordering a $270 USD game might not be the best life decision to make. Unless you're super rich.

We had 10 years to save up, some of which were at parity! :)

Luigi87

367299.jpg

diaspora

I'm probably killing my deluxe edition preorder. I'd rather get the regular version for like $49, and pick up a PC version whenever that comes out.

Anth0ny

That box is fucking awesome, but I think I'll stick with my $40 pre order from, like, 2011.

In other deal news, for those looking to get nostalgic, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Complete Series is only $45.99 on Amazon.ca

I recently rewatched the whole thing and while it's mostly cheesy fun, the music is still awesome and the fight scenes kick ass. The presentation and bonus features on the set are also really great, you can tell a lot of love and effort was put into the release, which was nice.

ohlawd

SE needs FFXV to sell 10 million units to succeed

you guys need to do your part by keeping your E3 order and buying the digital copy and deluxe edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom