• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ys45

Did anyone who ordered Nights of Azure from Amazon.ca recieve their copy yet? I see that it is unavailable now, but I am wondering if they are waiting on a delayed first shipment or if they actually sold out.

I did and my estimated arrival date changed to 27 april - 13 May on the release day -_-
Seriously Amazon is very bad with niche games I should always order from VGP .

I did and my estimated arrival date changed to 27 april - 13 May on the release day -_-
Seriously Amazon is very bad with niche games I should always order from VGP .

I've found Amazon to be bad specifically with Gust games. Never had a single Gust game I've ordered arrive on time, even before they got bought by KT. On the other hand, I haven't recently had any issue with them since I stopped ordering Gust games...

ys45

I've found Amazon to be bad specifically with Gust games. Never had a single Gust game I've ordered arrive on time, even before they got bought by KT. On the other hand, I haven't recently had any issue with them since I stopped ordering Gust games...

Last Gust game I ordered from them was Atelier Escha and after almost 2 weeks I sent them an email asking what was going on and they upgraded my shipping to 1 day and sent it right away ....

I'm not really in a hurry to play this so Il wait another week and see .

Fularu

Banned
Did anyone who ordered Nights of Azure from Amazon.ca recieve their copy yet? I see that it is unavailable now, but I am wondering if they are waiting on a delayed first shipment or if they actually sold out.
No but then again I'm not complaining, too much stuff coming out at the same time

Chilikar

Hi Canada GAF,

I thought I'd offer to sell my FFXV Ultimate Edition to you guys before going to the general B/S/T thread, since I'd rather not deal with international shipping and you guys have helped me out a lot before. Both my sister and I secured one copy each, but we don't need both them, so if you guys wanna buy at the cost I paid for, let me know. :)
How much did you pay for it Canadian??

FrsDvl

Amazon must have gotten fed up with having to refund me constantly for UPS fucking up, and not getting me my stuff on time, cause they shipped Quantum Break this morning with Canada Post. So now i'll get it early

bryt

Anyone got the Tangerine Mastercard in Vancouver and remember how long it took for it to get to you? It's been 16 days since it's been sent out to me and and I still haven't received it in the mail. Hoping to get it soon so I can take advantage of the 4% cashback that's happening soon.

Anyone got the Tangerine Mastercard in Vancouver and remember how long it took for it to get to you? It's been 16 days since it's been sent out to me and and I still haven't received it in the mail. Hoping to get it soon so I can take advantage of the 4% cashback that's happening soon.

That seems like a very long time, credit card are usually delivered in much less time once approved (2-3 days)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I don't think there's been an issue when people have tried in the past. You might get more eyes in the B/S/T thread, no harm in posting in both though.

Thanks for your work!
Damn, Street Fighter V already getting discounts.

It's been out for a month and a half. Most EA and Ubisoft games don't even last a month.

I don't think there's been an issue when people have tried in the past. You might get more eyes in the B/S/T thread, no harm in posting in both though.

Thanks for your work!
Damn, Street Fighter V already getting discounts.

Good find! Almost pays to wait though. Some good honest opinions in the OT. Wait till more content comes out then get a GOTY edition or even this original SFV + free added content for $29 in a couple months.

Killer Instinct Season 3 is where it's at in any case :)

khaaan

It's been out for a month and a half. Most EA and Ubisoft games don't even last a month.

Good find! Almost pays to wait though. Some good honest opinions in the OT. Wait till more content comes out then get a GOTY edition or even this original SFV + free added content for $29 in a couple months.

Killer Instinct Season 3 is where it's at in any case :)

Yeah...I feel silly having bought it at launch (albeit with an Amazon E3 discount) but I guess overall I'm okay with my purchase. Having played Killer Instinct over the past couple days though I completely agree. The amount of content and how it actually teaches you how to play makes Street Fighter V look more embarrassing than it already is.

stn

N3DSXL for $179 this weekend at Shoppers. What do you guys think, is that the cheapest it'll ever get? I'm tempted.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
N3DSXL for $179 this weekend at Shoppers. What do you guys think, is that the cheapest it'll ever get? I'm tempted.

If you get 20x points to go with it, by far.

$180 = 1800 pts x 20 = 36,000 points. That's worth almost $60.

imBask

Banned
So, $700.

it's all coming back to me

599usdollah_zpsf7027492.gif

make it stop!

Firestorm

I just confirmed my identity an hour ago and they said it'd get to me within 5-10 business days?

Anth0ny

they have to have some kind of upgrade program. $499 for a slightly upgraded version of a thing you already own is going to bomb.

rip in peace canada. I've decided I'm definitely passing on PS4K this year and probably VR as well. it'll be NX for me and that's it.

Firestorm

Would anyone even get the PS4K at PS4 pricing if they already have a PS4? I mean, upressed 4K doesn't sound worth for even $400 but I also don't have a 4K TV and don't use my PS4 super often.

Kyolux

I'll get pS4k if it's < $250 after trade-in.

Anything higher, they can fuck right off

"Here, you can have $30 for your old PS4." is the likely scenario.

Maybe if you sell on kijiji or something you may be able to get 250-300 for one once those PS4K are out.

RS4-

Yeah, I don't have high expectations of any sort of reasonable trade in program.

So 250 is the most I'd pay trade-in or after selling.

speiky

"Here, you can have $30 for your old PS4." is the likely scenario.

Maybe if you sell on kijiji or something you may be able to get 250-300 for one once those PS4K are out.
Right now the ps4 is worth 190. So yea, once PS4K is out it'll be 29.99 lol

Lexxism

Would anyone even get the PS4K at PS4 pricing if they already have a PS4? I mean, upressed 4K doesn't sound worth for even $400 but I also don't have a 4K TV and don't use my PS4 super often.
Yeah, I also don't have a 4K tv. I guess I'll just get the PC version if it's going to be better on PS4K

bryt

I just confirmed my identity an hour ago and they said it'd get to me within 5-10 business days?

Thanks. I guess it'll get here next week since it's only been 9 business days due to the 4 day weekend.

Yeah, I'm not too excited for 4K. I have my PS4 hooked up to a 40 inch TV and a 23 inch monitor and I usually play on the 23 inch monitor. My eyes are too shitty to even notice any big difference above 720p anyways.

Dazzler

Game prices have gone up with the shitty CAD, but I don't think trade in values have gone up accordingly.

Makes the whole thing an even worse deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom