• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I'm pretty sure I need to update the credit card on file for my $39.99 FFXV order. It was with Future Shop so that one is almost definitely expired...

BadHand

My FFXV (and Mirrors Edge) preorders still sitting there with FS. CC expires December 2016 (phew)

Both within the next 6 months, finally.

No way. I don't actually wanna play these games but I feel like I should, ya dig?

I do!

250px-050Diglett.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Really dumb question, but does someone make a power bar that is just for USB devices?

Like something that I can just plug in phones, tablets, headsets and controllers into because they don't have power plugs.

bryt

Damn, this is a great year. FFXV and Persona 5 for basically 50% less than what it's retailing for now. Feels good man.

Hi Canada GAF,

I thought I'd offer to sell my FFXV Ultimate Edition to you guys before going to the general B/S/T thread, since I'd rather not deal with international shipping and you guys have helped me out a lot before. Both my sister and I secured one copy each, but we don't need both them, so if you guys wanna buy at the cost I paid for, let me know. :)

diaspora

Really dumb question, but does someone make a power bar that is just for USB devices?

Like something that I can just plug in phones, tablets, headsets and controllers into because they don't have power plugs.
You're referring to a USB dock for multiple devices?

Sealtest

My pain is my great priced P5 pre-order... is for the PS3 ver., not PS4 since it didn't exist at the time.

Just thought i'd let you know my LCBS just got the order in for marvel legends but he has no idea when other stores will be getting them. I'm guessing they should get them soon since I found a bunch of the others from the wave in Michigan last weekend when I went.

Luigi87

Just thought i'd let you know my LCBS just got the order in for marvel legends but he has no idea when other stores will be getting them. I'm guessing they should get them soon since I found a bunch of the others from the wave in Michigan last weekend when I went.

!!
Thanks for the heads up.
Soon she will be mine.

Home Depot has a couple, as does Lowes.
Usually 3-4 plugs and 2-4 USB ports.

SRG01

Hrm, maybe I'll try the local hardware store. I'm surprised someone hasn't made one exclusively for USB devices. It's funny, even Kindles don't come with power plugs these days... they expect you to charge on your PC all the time I guess.

The problem with USB-exclusive ones is that they're generally more like a "hub" and usually running off a single 500mA supply. That means you can't charge more than one device at a time.

I have a problem.

I went to Walmart last night and today, and almost bought another Lunar White Xbox One controller because I like them so much due to the grips. I still haven't used my other one, outside of testing it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The problem with USB-exclusive ones is that they're generally more like a "hub" and usually running off a single 500mA supply. That means you can't charge more than one device at a time.
You can't make one that charges multiple devices at once? Or is that just too expensive?

ohlawd

I have a problem.

I went to Walmart last night and today, and almost bought another Lunar White Xbox One controller because I like them so much due to the grips. I still haven't used my other one, outside of testing it.
I don't blame you this time because the Lunar Xbone and Wii U Pro controllers are the best

etta

my hard graphic balls
I have a problem.

Send me your Lunar and then you have my permission to purchase another one ~.^

Sora_N

Man that is tempting but I'm so done with legends.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It might be worse, it might mean that both ps4 and ps4k price will be ajusted (usd price x 1.4 at least !)
It's been going down...at 1.30 now, broke through 1.29 yesterday. Hopefully that continues, I want at 1.25 in time for E3 pre-orders.

It might be worse, it might mean that both ps4 and ps4k price will be ajusted (usd price x 1.4 at least !)

I still don't think it will do well, leading to early price drops (see Xbox one launch). No fear! :)

Consoles aren't like smartphones, people upgrade because of subsidies (unless you frequently visit tech sites like GAF and buy outright for the love of it). Unless they have some other intentions with this upgraded system. Guess we will find out after E3.

I don't blame you this time because the Lunar Xbone and Wii U Pro controllers are the best

It is. If the Forza one was sold there, and still available, I probably would've bought one. That's the best controller I've used, and it's my go to.

Send me your Lunar and then you have my permission to purchase another one ~.^

Haha

I am worried about my Lunar, though. When I tested it after buying it, the 'select' button seemed a bit less sensitive than the menu one. However, I kept trying and then it seemed okay. I haven't used it since and should have tried it again before the 30 days were up.

I'm just kind of afraid to touch it and get it dirty. Stupid, huh?

etta

my hard graphic balls
It is. If the Forza one was sold there, and still available, I probably would've bought one. That's the best controller I've used, and it's my go to.

Haha

I am worried about my Lunar, though. When I tested it after buying it, the 'select' button seemed a bit less sensitive than the menu one. However, I kept trying and then it seemed okay. I haven't used it since and should have tried it again before the 30 days were up.

I'm just kind of afraid to touch it and get it dirty. Stupid, huh?
doctor+scrubs+gloves.jpg

Sober

DEAL (?)

I remember someone was looking for a discounted iTunes card. Shoppers will have it for 10% off on April 2nd and 3rd. (might be Western Canada only)
I didn't notice it in the flyer in Toronto/GTA. Also as someone who works at an SDM that iTunes gift card weeks are hell when people come in and buy them by the boatload and hold the lines up.

SDM is also gonna have the WiiU + MK8 on sale, might have to nab that. 50$ gift card with XBone/PS4 bundles too but if the rumours about upgraded consoles are true lol

zroid

Banned
erm, what the hell does it mean when Amazon is shipping something by "AMZN"?
googled around a bit, apparently Amazon.ca has its own shipping service now. weird.

hope this doesn't cause any problems, I've always been pretty happy with Canada Post's service

Sora_N

googled around a bit, apparently Amazon.ca has its own shipping service now. weird.

hope this doesn't cause any problems, I've always been pretty happy with Canada Post's service

I have a FLEX address but after one fiasco last year, I pick a shipping point instead because I feel that would help make sure Amazon ships by Canada post.

They sent a dynamex or whatever shipment to my FLEX on a Saturday when that post office is closed (the grocery store the PO is in is still open) and it was really messy to sort out.

My last two packages were shipped via INTELCOM. Very complicated since they have no pick-up places and one of the package they lost...I complained to Amazon to use Canada Post or UPS as delivery option and they said the following:

"I have successfully filled a carrier feedback form and from next packages you will be given high priority to UPS or Canada post. "

Might be worth contacting Amazon to do that as well. I also set up a FLEX delivery address, but now my express shipping (2-days) does not seem to guarantee release date delivery with that address, anyone have any experience with this?

Did anyone who ordered Nights of Azure from Amazon.ca recieve their copy yet? I see that it is unavailable now, but I am wondering if they are waiting on a delayed first shipment or if they actually sold out.

Sora_N

My last two packages were shipped via INTELCOM. Very complicated since they have no pick-up places and one of the package they lost...I complained to Amazon to use Canada Post or UPS as delivery option and they said the following:

"I have successfully filled a carrier feedback form and from next packages you will be given high priority to UPS or Canada post. "

Might be worth contacting Amazon to do that as well. I also set up a FLEX delivery address, but now my express shipping (2-days) does not seem to guarantee release date delivery with that address, anyone have any experience with this?

If you use flex they can't guarantee day 1. I was told by a csr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom