• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapejara

Would anyone even get the PS4K at PS4 pricing if they already have a PS4? I mean, upressed 4K doesn't sound worth for even $400 but I also don't have a 4K TV and don't use my PS4 super often.

For those who have a 4K TV it might end up cheaper than buying a 4K Blu-ray player - the only one on the market being $599.99 CAD at the moment.

killroy87

Would anyone even get the PS4K at PS4 pricing if they already have a PS4? I mean, upressed 4K doesn't sound worth for even $400 but I also don't have a 4K TV and don't use my PS4 super often.

I'm open to anything. Considering we have so little concrete info (read: NO concrete info), I can't really flat out say no. But from where the rumors are headed, it doesn't seem like something that super excites me.

Sora_N

Does the Hori Pokken controller exist in Canada? My EB never called me back and the game has been out for weeks. I preordered when it was available wtf.

Does the Hori Pokken controller exist in Canada? My EB never called me back and the game has been out for weeks. I preordered when it was available wtf.

I got it a week before the game came out. I never saw one in store and it's sad since the controller is really good imo.

How much did you pay for it Canadian??

Well my credit card hasn't been charged yet, but it's $315 USD ($270 + 45 priority shipping, no other method was allowed :/). At the current exchange rate, that's $410 before taxes. Not sure how the dollar will be when it does ship and my card gets charged, though.

I broke down and bought another Lunar White controller. I couldn't stop thinking about it last night, perhaps because of my controller fetish or because I worry the select button may be wonky in my other one.

I guess if I really wanted to, I could return the old one in the new one's box if it is actually defective. I don't like doing that, but I never used it outside of testing.

I have a problem. But I prefer buying this over keeping the Uncharted 4 controller, as that was kinda ugly. But the faded blue Xbox One controller that's coming out soon is also tempting. Problem is, it has no grips.

i-Jest

That thing is a boarder line myth dude. If it's anything like the Gamecube Adapter situation, then you'll be waiting a good year before stock stabilizes.

Fularu

Banned
Well my credit card hasn't been charged yet, but it's $315 USD ($270 + 45 priority shipping, no other method was allowed :/). At the current exchange rate, that's $410 before taxes. Not sure how the dollar will be when it does ship and my card gets charged, though.

Add duty and processing fees to that (because it will be either FEDEX or UPS)

You're looking at 450+ for the game

Got mine today from GameStop.com and got hit with $15 duty and $15 shipping. I'm not even mad because I knew it was going to be impossible to get locally.

If price isn't an issue import one from Play Asia

I had two orders from SE store for black friday and they were shipped with USPS (so canada post here). One was hit with a 50$ customs fee, the other one was not. That 50$ fee was for 150$ of games, so for 350...

Fularu

Banned
I had two orders from SE store for black friday and they were shipped with USPS (so canada post here). One was hit with a 50$ customs fee, the other one was not. That 50$ fee was for 150$ of games, so for 350...
Their express shipping is with either UPS or FeDEX, for regular orders lt's usps and a lottery as far as duty fees go

zroid

Banned
I received that package I'd ordered from Amazon which shipped by the "AMZN" courier.

...it was just a dude in a big white van wearing a traffic vest. he rang the doorbell and bolted lol.

Damn, sure missed out on those price errors. ah, well.

I went at around 2 AM to my local 24 hour shoppers drug mart to buy a N3DS XL that was part of the sale, and the lady at the counter said that i'd have to come back at 8am because she didn't have a key to unlock the case.

woke up early and went back at 8, and thankfully, someone had the key. Also, in typical shoppers fashion, there was only 1 system for sale.

Redeemed my points, and picked up the system for just over $30 (still had to pay those taxes)

Feels good!

Chilikar

Jesus that is expensive... No doubt that it'll probably sell for more than that in the future but man, that is only about $100 off from the PSVR

Luigi87

The biggest thing driving up up the price of the ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S EDITION™ is the inclusion of the Noctis Play-Arts Kai. That alone would retail for over $120... On top of that at current there is no standalone release of it.

BadWolf

The biggest thing driving up up the price of the ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S EDITION™ is the inclusion of the Noctis Play-Arts Kai. That alone would retail for over $120... On top of that at current there is no standalone release of it.

And for those that may not know, Play-Arts figures are usually crap quality.

Luigi87

And for those that may not know, Play-Arts figures are usually crap quality.

Also true.
In spite of the price, the QA is all over the place. I have one (PAK Batgirl Variant) that I bought in Japan because I liked how she looked (plus one of many, many souvenirs) but it isn't a figure line I have any interest in expanding.

I really, really miss the old Play-Arts line, before Squenix went full dedication to the Kai series. They were smaller and much cheaper in price.

No_Style

Check out Lowe's if you are looking to get cheap LED bulbs. Feit 3000K Soft White A19 bulb for $2 each after Ontario Save Energy coupon.

soultron

Banned
Anyone know how to find out when the SDM point redemption days are? I'm about to max out on points soon!

Edit: thanks for that deal, No_Style. Sent that to my FIL, he loves deals on LED lighting haha

Chilikar

Also true.
In spite of the price, the QA is all over the place. I have one (PAK Batgirl Variant) that I bought in Japan because I liked how she looked (plus one of many, many souvenirs) but it isn't a figure line I have any interest in expanding.

I really, really miss the old Play-Arts line, before Squenix went full dedication to the Kai series. They were smaller and much cheaper in price.

Despite the fact that the lines have varying quality in terms of QA, I think most people want this Noctis one because they claim it's going to be limited. You can bet there will be another Noctis PA released in the future after the game comes out

Luigi87

Despite the fact that the lines have varying quality in terms of QA, I think most people want this Noctis one because they claim it's going to be limited. You can bet there will be another Noctis PA released in the future after the game comes out

That's pretty much what I believe.
I mean while JP figures usually have limited runs, this is the main character in their biggest game in so many years, so they will most certainly do a standalone.
If anything he'll get a re-release with more accessories at an even higher price.

Iron Giant Blu-Ray Special Edition is up on Amazon.ca for $72 CAD as a sale price from 97.23 CAD (American version is $75 USD right now).

81QqFRjMgIL._SL1500_.jpg
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01D8ZEDWO/

Sealtest

so has Canada post just stopped delivering packages the old way and just give them to the local mail men who "Eventually" deliver it after they delivered the normal mail first?

I used to get packages between 12-3 now i'm getting them anytime between 5-7.

so has Canada post just stopped delivering packages the old way and just give them to the local mail men who "Eventually" deliver it after they delivered the normal mail first?

I've noticed this for my packages too, but it sort of makes sense, maybe? I mean if they cover more ground it's better if they're carrying less right?

Thankfully for me, I think the time difference isn't that big.

Same. Started like this a couple weeks ago.

I should be getting my Oculus Rift in a couple of weeks and I know I am going to have to pay around $110 in customs and brokerage fees.

I might not be home for this but I have someone else home to pay for me. From those with experience, I guess there is no way I can just leave cash? I imagine the UPS driver wouldn't be able to accept that.

Is there any way to pay fees ahead of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom