• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there has been any pattern, sometimes things would ship out in the morning around 9, sometimes at noon and other times in the afternoon. The Amazon rep said it will ship out today, so I am just praying it will happen now, because it means I get it tomorrow (all my previous stuff shipped out from the Amazon warehouse near me).

mine just shipped, I wish you the best of luck!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Got my Tangerine Credit Card today, that was fast.

Also got a letter from TD saying I've been pre-approved for a Credit Card from them. Funny how that works, I've applied through them in the past and never gotten approved.

etta

my hard graphic balls
mine just shipped, I wish you the best of luck!

35765a9724.png

797792-5723140a-5ce3-11e4-975b-09f9e3e8f101.jpg

following your lead
ENVmtUh.jpg

r u kiddin me Amazoon? Gotta w8 an extra 10 dayses? Gonna be hell to pay!! HELL 2 PAY!

seriously though, this should arrive on the 12th or 13th right?

khaaan

following your lead
ENVmtUh.jpg

r u kiddin me Amazoon? Gotta w8 an extra 10 dayses? Gonna be hell to pay!! HELL 2 PAY!

Did you pre-order Star Fox Zero?

My Ratchet and Clank is "mysteriously" not scheduled to be delivered until April 20-22.

farisr

I was just about to post about my Futureshop order of Quantum Break and wondering if anybody else had gotten a shipment notification but as I was typing it out I receive an email with a tracking number.
following your lead
ENVmtUh.jpg

Yeah, anywhere from 1-3 days in my experience for most games. These kind of estimates is just their attempt at scaring people into getting prime or paid shipping.

Oneself

Good God, Best Buy is such a pain to deal with.
I was charged 79.99$ for Dirt Rally instead of 69.99$.
I can't wait for my pre-order deals to be over so I can finally never order from them ever again. =)

Ventara

So with the rumours of the PS4K, are any of you Canadian PS4 owners thinking of selling your PS4 to upgrade to it?

I'm tempted to do it, but I doubt it'd be cheap, and I've got a capable PC for multiplat games, so I don't know.

Sealtest

So with the rumours of the PS4K, are any of you Canadian PS4 owners thinking of selling your PS4 to upgrade to it?

I'm tempted to do it, but I doubt it'd be cheap, and I've got a capable PC for multiplat games, so I don't know.

Nope and if its really true pretty sure i'll just stick with Nintendo and PC from now on.

Fularu

Banned

Hell no, I'll tough it out till the 5k

23qwerty

Probably unless it's unreasonably expensive

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Nope Id rather upgrade my GTX 770 instead. Cmon Nvidia announce those new GPUs already!

Maybe if I had a 4K TV/Monitor and their was a special upscaler associated with it. But I don't see the point. It's not as if my PS4 library would get an immediate boost in performance/fidelity with better hardware like a PC. Several hundreds of dollars for only an handful of games taking advantage of the hardware in the beginning? Maybe a few years from now when their is a sizeable library.

Rumor has it that will cost $399-$499 USD depending if they update the CPU. Going by PSVR pricing, we're looking at $549-$699 CDN if the dollar doesn't substantially improve. Yeah right.

Nope.

I've had/have PS1/PS2/PS3x2/PSP/Vita/PS4. But I'm not going to support this kind of shit if it's true. I rather give Nintendo or Xbox my money, and if they do the same I'll just go PC and handheld.

I sold my PS4 about a month ago with an extra controller for $310, don't really regret it as I still ahve a capable PC and the Xbox. I'd say sell now before the value tanks

If they do indeed announce the PS4k, I'll just sell my ps4 to my friend at a loss so he can have one and then use the money to buy it since I do own a 4k television.

Doubt it would come out this year and steal the PSVR spotlight this holiday.

etta

my hard graphic balls
bMk73MN.png

Tee hee... I got lucky for once and got it early.

So some weird shit has gone down with CSR chat just now.

I had two separate orders (one for an WD HDD and one for QB) that were both showing as "preparing for shipment" this morning, and after waiting the whole day for the "shipped" notification which never happened, I contacted Amazon through chat. For all my previous orders, they went from "preparing for shipment" to "shipped" in the same business day, and the rep said it should have shipped already, too. Since it didn't, he was able to reset my HDD's shipment method and upgraded it to Priority, so it should ship out tomorrow.

For Quantum Break, he also upgraded the shipment order to Priority but now it says that it will only ship out on Friday (April 8) and arrive Monday (April 11). I told him that the game releases Tuesday (April 5) and that technically it should ship out then, or Wednesday at the latest, not Friday. He said he knows that's the standard for games but he doesn't know why the shipment estimate is set to release for Friday. We tried making a new order and that too said the estimate would be to ship out on Friday and arrival on Monday.

So I guess I have to contact them again tomorrow and hope that since the game has technically already released, they will be able to make it so it ships out tomorrow or Wednesday. Sigh.

I keep forgetting that I need to buy a 3DS charger. But I don't get out much.

EDIT: I do have the 3DS up on Kijiji, just to see if there is interest because I've yet to open it and feel spending $300 for an OCD compulsion is dumb. I was contacted by someone, though, and I think it was a scammer, because they typed the start of every word in caps, had bad English, and kept referring to it as the item. Also wanted to know if there'd be tax, and seemed very weird in general.

I've been fucked like that before, when I shipped a game after my friend told me he'd gotten a PayPal email saying it'd been paid for. I had to use his PayPal. He didn't check the account, and didn't tell me that he saw that the PayPal email had a rocketmail extension.

Never again.

I keep forgetting that I need to buy a 3DS charger. But I don't get out much.

EDIT: I do have the 3DS up on Kijiji, just to see if there is interest because I've yet to open it and feel spending $300 for an OCD compulsion is dumb. I was contacted by someone, though, and I think it was a scammer, because they typed the start of every word in caps, had bad English, and kept referring to it as the item. Also wanted to know if there'd be tax, and seemed very weird in general.

I've been fucked like that before, when I shipped a game after my friend told me he'd gotten a PayPal email saying it'd been paid for. I had to use his PayPal. He didn't check the account, and didn't tell me that he saw that the PayPal email had a rocketmail extension.

Never again.

If I'm selling on Kijiji they have to come to my house or no deal. I'm not delivering, not meeting you somewhere, pick up or gtfo. I don't trust people.

If I'm selling on Kijiji they have to come to my house or no deal. I'm not delivering, not meeting you somewhere, pick up or gtfo. I don't trust people.

You trust people with your home address? Just saying. I'm paranoid with kijiji too, but requesting a public space does wonders.

And so you give your address out to everyone?

I play it by ear. I'm paranoid in general, but have had a lot of people come to my house without any sort of issues. Thankfully.

Some days I just don't feel like going out.

I never do the house. I always pick somewhere at a mall like the food court or whatever. It's probably unlikely that anyone would try something at my home but not willing to take the chance.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Now my Quantum Break and HDD are both preparing shipment again but I have been charged twice on my CC's authorized charges...

orochi91

Sold my launch unit to this chap for $400.

I only ever paid ~$300 for it at launch due to friends at Target giving me discounts, lmao

Coupled with the many gift-cards I have laying around, there's ~$500 I'll be putting towards PS4K when it launches.

Hope it isn't too pricey; will pick up an NX next year.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Sold my launch unit to this chap for $400.

I only ever paid ~$300 for it at launch due to friends at Target giving me discounts, lmao

Coupled with the many gift-cards I have laying around, there's ~$500 I'll be putting towards PS4K when it launches.

Hope it isn't too pricey; will pick up an NX next year.
Oh damn, so the going rate is $400? Or did it include games?

I never do the house. I always pick somewhere at a mall like the food court or whatever. It's probably unlikely that anyone would try something at my home but not willing to take the chance.

meeting up at your house is crazy. I'd rather meet at the food court

I don't have a vehicle and have to borrow one to go out, deal with fatigue and sell on Kijiji quite a bit. It's not ideal, but I've been lucky. Plus, my house is busy enough.

The closest mall food court is 20 minutes away each way.

orochi91

Oh damn, so the going rate is $400? Or did it include games?

Dude was willing to pay $460 for a PS4/SF5 bundle, but I didn't have SF5, so I just sold him the console for $400.

A new PS4 off Amazon is $463 (Tax included).

I even gave the Vertical Stand for free :3

It is making me look at 4K TV sales...I will probably get it on launch like the PS4/3DS, if I have acquired a 4K TV by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom