• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

If that's all it'd take, I'd do it, but my computer's just some mediocre desktop I got a couple years ago from Best Buy. I'm not sure it's CPU and whatever else is able to play QB. It definitely wasn't spec'd to play ROTTR when I checked last year.

I've never played PC games actually.

Just sell it on kijiji. Even unsealed, I'm sure you can get 55-60$ for it. Figure, that means saving almost $30 for someone that would otherwise buy new with taxes.

Oneself

I'm a bit tired of saying that BEST BUY are CROOKS but they don't do shit to prove me otherwise.

Back in mid/late February, there was a pre-order promo (25%off) where I got Dirt Rally (79.99$ -25% = 63.99$). I was ok with that and saw that amazon had the game available for 69.99$.
1 day after BB's promotion, the price went down to 69.99$ so I contacted their online CS to ask them if they would charge me 69.99$-25% since the price dropped on their website and they told me it would be automatically be adjusted when it ships.

Fastforward yesterday, I got charged 79.99$-25% ... And I've been through 2 departments and none of them wants to honor the price. What a scam.

Well, according to amazon.ca, the game goes for $75+ tax, at least here, that's $85. If you're letting it go for 55, that person would be paying 30 less than what they'd have to in store?

Exactly

People will still lowball you, offering you used DJ Hero and NHL '09, or $30.

Well, according to amazon.ca, the game goes for $75+ tax, at least here, that's $85. If you're letting it go for 55, that person would be paying 30 less than what they'd have to in store?

I think you quoted the wrong person.

I'm talking about trying to get an Xbox One for 200 bucks.

bryt

What is happening with my package? Expected delivery April 4th, but it's the 5th now and it's still not out for delivery.

8m4Cy0v.png

Ventara

Got my copies of SFV and PxZ2 from the price glitch today. They shipped it out pretty fast. lol, if only Amazon.ca was this fast.

kennah

Yeah finished it in one sitting, and don't see any replay value.

2nd hand game store offered me 20$... I laughed and left. Kijiji it is!

On another note, anyone want a Force Awakens digital copy? First to quote gets it.
Late?

Edit. Lol. Figured I missed it. Must be my lucky day

Yasumi

Banned
Got my copies of SFV and PxZ2 from the price glitch today. They shipped it out pretty fast. lol, if only Amazon.ca was this fast.
Lucky. Mine are still around Mississauga, in transit. I'm supposed to get them for Friday, but tomorrow's looking likely.

jholmes

Say what you will about Bestbuy. But their shipping is on point. Nearly none of the games I have preordered with them have arrived after release date. (just received Quantum Break)

I agree with this except they put games in a giant cardboard sleeve that would never fit in any mailbox, so if I have a game coming I have to watch the front door to make sure I'm there when the mailman comes by, lest I lose out on the game for the weekend.

If they just started using bubble envelopes they'd be damn near perfect, at least when it comes to shipping.

Say what you will about Bestbuy. But their shipping is on point. Nearly none of the games I have preordered with them have arrived after release date. (just received Quantum Break)

Yup. Shame they dropped the ball last year with their pathetic E3 promotion. Amazon ate their lunch. For the money I saved, I can wait an extra day or two.

Some guy is getting mad at me because I offered to meet him part-way tomorrow when he comes to buy a game off of me. Isn't that being helpful?

He emailed me, and asked when he could pick it up. I replied, "Anytime." His reply was, "How about 8:30pm tomorrow?" to which I said sure, but that I would prefer before that even if I have to meet him (or drop it off).

He said no, just 8:30 tomorrow works, and asked where I live. I told him the area, then said that I could meet him then because I have to go out. Then he got mad, saying I'm making it difficult.

Something about him just made me worry about giving my address out right away.

EDIT: His latest reply is, "8:30pm. Address?"

Some guy is getting mad at me because I offered to meet him part-way tomorrow when he comes to buy a game off of me. Isn't that being helpful?

He emailed me, and asked when he could pick it up. I replied, "Anytime." His reply was, "How about 8:30pm tomorrow?" to which I said sure, but that I would prefer before that even if I have to meet him (or drop it off).

He said no, just 8:30 tomorrow works, and asked where I live. I told him the area, then said that I could meet him then because I have to go out. Then he got mad, saying I'm making it difficult.

If you have a bad feeling about it then just call it off.

FrsDvl

I always have people meet me at home and always imagine them bringing a gun. But so far so good!

Mupod

I've always gone to people's houses for Kijiji stuff. Like the nice old lady who apparently had a gigantic Genesis game collection downstairs.

If you have a bad feeling about it then just call it off.

I always have people meet me at home and always imagine them bringing a gun. But so far so good!

I have people come to my house sometimes as I said, but I just have a weird feeling about this guy. I don't want to lose the sale, though, because I've been trying to sell this game for months despite its popularity.

There is a church down the road. I could maybe give him the address for that. Unless he looks it up and gets pissed.

EDIT: I gave him the church's address, and he said he'd see me tomorrow. I asked him to text or email me before he leaves and I'll meet him outside, because my kids will be sleeping at that hour.

terrible

Banned
I applied a gift card to an E3 order with Dark Souls III on it and it changed my shipping time from release day to December 30th 2016. Why you gotta be like this Amazon.

Lol just traded in Xenoblade x that we got for $15 for $35 towards quantum break

Good for you, but Xeno X will probably retain/increase it's value while quantum break will most likely be on sale later this month and on GWG in a year or so.

It's a pretty solid game so far though!

killroy87

Heading to Vancouver today for a few days with work. What's some 'must see' stuff?

That's cool, what field are you in?

The standard tourist stuff always delivers, especially as we are heading into awesome weather. Granville Island, Stanley Park, walk the seawall (or rent a bike), etc.

Kyolux

I applied a gift card to an E3 order with Dark Souls III on it and it changed my shipping time from release day to December 30th 2016. Why you gotta be like this Amazon.

Did the same thing for my E3 order with Dark Souls 3 and a whole bunch of games.

It doesn't show up on the order (but says pending in the gift certificate list). Contacted chat support, and they seemed to say it's all ok. Hope I didn't lose this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom