• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll sell my launch console for $300 or so. At least, I hope I can get that. It's in great shape and hasn't been used much.

Then, unless I can get one through work, I'll pony up the money for a 4K. I'll have to get a 4K TV too, I guess. :/

jholmes

I'll sell my launch console for $300 or so. At least, I hope I can get that. It's in great shape and hasn't been used much.

Then, unless I can get one through work, I'll pony up the money for a 4K. I'll have to get a 4K TV too, I guess. :/

If you haven't played your PS4 much, why are you so eager to burn a bunch of money on another one?

Not trying to be rude, I just don't get this.

Faenix1

So with the rumours of the PS4K, are any of you Canadian PS4 owners thinking of selling your PS4 to upgrade to it?

I'm tempted to do it, but I doubt it'd be cheap, and I've got a capable PC for multiplat games, so I don't know.

Opting to upgrade my massively outdated PC instead. Far too soon for a PS4.5.

Chilikar

So with the rumours of the PS4K, are any of you Canadian PS4 owners thinking of selling your PS4 to upgrade to it?

I'm tempted to do it, but I doubt it'd be cheap, and I've got a capable PC for multiplat games, so I don't know.

Maybe if it was an accessory, I would purchase it. I couldn't possibly afford to purchase a whole new console by selling my old (perfectly fine) console at a lower price than launch

etta

my hard graphic balls
Plus, I need it for a hobby I have.
xp9sE9Z.jpg

suikodan

Got my QB from Amazon today :) A day before the actual release :p

Anyone got their promotional codes from Amazon yet?

I got the code for Alan Wake (I think...) because it says to redeem it on the Xbox One.

Don't know about the Win10 copy though... are we supposed to receive one?

Nope! Though EB had pretty good console trade ins prior to the ps4 launch. (50% bump on consoles plus 30% on games). So maybe that will sway things.

That said even a $250 difference buys ALOT of current gen games. (Not at $79 though :))

So it's 10:09 am, and my tracking for Quantum break shows the following:

Code:
Date	: 2016/04/05
Time	: 11:32
Description: Delivered

Does this mean that Canada Post has unlocked time travel through quantum break, to improve their deliver services?

So it's 10:09 am, and my tracking for Quantum break shows the following:

Code:
Date	: 2016/04/05
Time	: 11:32
Description: Delivered

Does this mean that Canada Post has unlocked time travel through quantum break, to improve their deliver services?

It's rather fitting, don't you think?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Etta, it has been a pleasure looking at tracking updates with you. Shall we meet again next week, same time, same place, for Dark Souls 3?
I'm not really into Souls games,
had to get Morrigan to kill my bosses in Bloodborne XD
, so the next shipment for me is Uncharted 4 :p

etta

my hard graphic balls
Bravely Second? Ratchet and Clank? Star Fox Zero?

You can't make me wait until May!!!

I don't really use the Wii U, aside from some MK8 when friends come over, and I'm not into Japanese games (Gravity Rush 2 might be the first game that will get me into Japanese games). As for Ratchet and Clank, it will have to be postponed because I had to buy a bunch of other stuff for now.

mqdefault.jpg

You trust people with your home address? Just saying. I'm paranoid with kijiji too, but requesting a public space does wonders.

And so you give your address out to everyone?

Well it's not like my home is some hidden secret tucked away behind some magical curtains, if someone's going to rob me they'll do it anyway.

I'm just saying that unless you're willing to come to my house, then no deal. I don't give it away unless they agree to that first, if they mention meeting or going to their house I just don't reply.

vulva

Well it's not like my home is some hidden secret tucked away behind some magical curtains, if someone's going to rob me they'll do it anyway.

I'm just saying that unless you're willing to come to my house, then no deal. I don't give it away unless they agree to that first, if they mention meeting or going to their house I just don't reply.

I mean, I live a 5 minute walk from a tim hortons so I usually meet there. It's a safety thing on both ends, really.

I mean, I live a 5 minute walk from a tim hortons so I usually meet there. It's a safety thing on both ends, really.

I've never had anyone want to meet me anywhere decent like that. Most recently I had someone ask to meet at a park and another at a school parking lot in the evening. Fuck that.

I always feel like the ones who want to meet are shady. That's just me though I guess. Same goes for buying, I'll come to your house but I won't meet.

farisr

Say what you will about Bestbuy. But their shipping is on point. Nearly none of the games I have preordered with them have arrived after release date. (just received Quantum Break)

Kyolux

I've been having people come over to buy my games on kijiji for a while now with no problems either.

Pretty sure my dog would eat them if they were trying to cause trouble anyway. He's small, but pretty fierce if he wants to be.

Also, gaf is unblocked again at work. yay!

Say what you will about Bestbuy. But their shipping is on point. Nearly none of the games I have preordered with them have arrived after release date. (just received Quantum Break)

For me, it's been fine for non-Friday releases, but for those pesky Friday releases? Them having a no-safe drop policy always meant having to go buy a second copy to play over the week-end, since I have no self-control and usually dislike having to wait over the week-end.

See, my problem is that I live out in the country. People contact me from nearby cities and towns, but the drive is 20-30 minutes to an hour each way for me. I don't get as many local emails as I used to. People don't read well on Kijiji these days. So, if they're willing to drive here then I take advantage of that. Plus, I don't own a vehicle.

Of course, now I want that white Quantum Break bundle controller. Stupid.

Here's hoping there will be some good deals on cards soon, as well as perhaps some good trade-in promos. However, with the dollar going to shit, so have those. I miss the old days.

How many controllers do you own?

Three DualShock 4s (Magma Red, Black Ops III and Glacier White)
Five for Xbox One (Elite, 2x Lunar White, Forza 6, New version Black)
One for Wii U (Pro controller that I haven't used)
Two for PS3 (regular black DualShock 3s, one of which is from when they first came out)
Four for Xbox 360 (Tomb Raider, brand new black one, well worn Halo 3, well worn black one)
Several WiiMotes and WiiMote Pluses (got some with games)

My interest in buying new controllers didn't start until this gen. I didn't buy many last gen. A lot of the Wii stuff came from games like Wii Sports Plus and Zelda, IIRC. I don't like Wii much.

It's definitely an OCD thing. I have a fear of getting my controllers dirty, or them breaking/being defective, so I guess I obsess over that to the point where I always want to buy new ones so that I have perfect ones. And I've become obsessed with the different coloured versions, whereas I didn't care for decades.

Vinc

Did you order during an old E3 sale? If so, did you get the steelbook with it?

Dazzler

I have people come to my apartment semi-regularly to buy shit

Never had a problem with it, but I do always tend to have someone else with me there when the transaction is happening

FrsDvl

Anyone know what the usual trade in value is for new games? Was wondering if i'd be able to get 40$ for quantum break, just want to get my money back really, not trying to make a profit.

I have people come to my apartment semi-regularly to buy shit

Never had a problem with it, but I do always tend to have someone else with me there when the transaction is happening

If you're in an apartment building, that works to your benefit, because you can meet people at the entrance. Then they don't know exactly where you live.

Anyone know what the usual trade in value is for new games? Was wondering if i'd be able to get 40$ for quantum break, just want to get my money back really, not trying to make a profit.

You'd probably get $30-40. I'd recommend Kijiji, though, as you could probably get $50+.

I traded in battlefront ps4 to an independent game store and got $40 trade value, this was 5 weeks after release.

More likely you'll get $30-$40. Can maybe find a buyer online for $50.

Three DualShock 4s (Magma Red, Black Ops III and Glacier White)
Five for Xbox One (Elite, 2x Lunar White, Forza 6, New version Black)
One for Wii U (Pro controller that I haven't used)
Two for PS3 (regular black DualShock 3s, one of which is from when they first came out)
Four for Xbox 360 (Tomb Raider, brand new black one, well worn Halo 3, well worn black one)
Several WiiMotes and WiiMote Pluses (got some with games)

My interest in buying new controllers didn't start until this gen. I didn't buy many last gen. A lot of the Wii stuff came from games like Wii Sports Plus and Zelda, IIRC. I don't like Wii much.

It's definitely an OCD thing. I have a fear of getting my controllers dirty, or them breaking/being defective, so I guess I obsess over that to the point where I always want to buy new ones so that I have perfect ones. And I've become obsessed with the different coloured versions, whereas I didn't care for decades.

To be honest I thought you would have more. That doesn't sound so bad. Could be a lot worse, you could collect cars or something. :p

Call EB Games

They're not really supposed to give trade value over the phone, but they sometimes will. The ones around me are great. They'll tell you, most-likely, and it will be a most wanted game ranging from $30-40.

EDIT: EB Games' site has its Most Wanted flyer. It says up to $35, and shows Quantum Break.

To be honest I thought you would have more. That doesn't sound so bad. Could be a lot worse, you could collect cars or something. :p

True. Good thing cars don't interest me at all, even though I've worked on two automotive assembly lines, including one where I was making cars. But the issue is I'm on disability and won't use some of these controllers. It just makes my OCD feel better.

I've bought more, but have returned some.

20th Anniversary DualShock 4, Camo DualShock 4, Uncharted 4 DualShock 4 - All returned because I decided the colours weren't all that appealing. I was an N64 owner years ago, so the Anniversary one doesn't hold as much nostalgia as it does for others, and I decided to go with the Black Ops 3 one instead. It's much nicer looking, with its orange sticks.

Also bought and returned the Halo 5 Guardians Locke controller. It's beautiful, but without having the grips it felt cheap. The one I bought was also scratched.

You can probably get a $200 video card that will play it if you already have a desktop?

If that's all it'd take, I'd do it, but my computer's just some mediocre desktop I got a couple years ago from Best Buy. I'm not sure it's CPU and whatever else is able to play QB. It definitely wasn't spec'd to play ROTTR when I checked last year.

I've never played PC games actually.

FrsDvl

Should be able to sell it on Kijiji easily for 50-60$ to make 10-20$ profit, otherwise return it to Amazon to make 0$ instead of trade it in at EbGames to lose 6$?

It's been opened and i've played it though, so returning won't do. I rather make someone else happy and give them a good deal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom