• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

All you can eat sushi is a scam. It fills you up too fast, you never get your money's worth. You can get full off sushi for like $10

There's no place over here (Ottawa region) where I'm going to get $10 of sushi and get full. $20 is probably more likely to fill me up (and I'm not really big or anything, just 160 lbs).

Deal

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax for ps3 on final clearance on Best buy for 9.97.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...spx?path=e35ac460d9b2f48e042263671c230dbcen02

10 copies left online at the time of this post. quebec has shipping restrictions

Barely touched the copy I bought in Akihabara last April after having a good time with it in the arcades. But $10 would have been nice to get an English copy. But sold out/I'm on the Quebec side so that wouldn't have worked out anyway.

LakeEarth

I don't know what ghetto Samurai Sushi you guys are going to, but the one on Davie is good stuff, and isn't all you can eat.

All you can eat sushi is a scam. It fills you up too fast, you never get your money's worth. You can get full off sushi for like $10

But most sushi places have other stuff you can get other than sushi. So you end up paying for the variety.

Firestorm

http://m.bestbuy.ca/defaultpage.asp...etails.aspx?ajax=true&sku=10405125&lang=en-CA

If anyone is looking to extend their network, the refurb units of the D-Link DAP-1650 are 50% the price of the new unit. Picked one up and hopefully it's good. Otherwise I'll return it.
there's one that stops by Surrey Central Station like twice a week? when I have spare cash, I always get something there <3
Yeah. I'm not huge on it but wish that existed when I used to go to school there for at least some variety :(

Kyolux

I guess...at the risk of sounding snobbish, I'd rather just pay for one portion of something done right haha

For me, depends on my mood. Something done right for sure will be best.

But sometimes, you just want to binge on a whole bunch of different things. I'll go for the former more often than the latter too though to be honest.

If you're close enough to a Best Buy, you can usually pick up a clearance game and have it drop further in price within 30 days for price protection.

Kyolux

So glad I traded this earlier this year for like $22 at EB. What a terrible game.

Objectively, it is indeed.

It's fan service + simple/easy to pick up though. We had a blast that one evening at my friend I brought it over playing taking turns just going at it without having to really learn every characters. (We were like 6 or 7 taking turns in VS mode.)

Dark Souls 3 is shipping today for me from Amazon! Usually Tuesday orders ship Monday for me. Could I be getting this a bit early?

I'm prime/ordered at E3 and still says Arriving Tuesday. Yours says preparing?

terrible

Banned
hP87Eaj.png

Gonna be a long spring, summer, and fall.

I was told by customer service that I'm still getting it on the 12th lol.

DJ_Lae

Damn it, I was actually enjoying a relatively slower stream of game releases so I could start catching up on stuff.

v00axir.jpg

I mean, I'm not making too many new orders, but there are still a ton of E3 games from last year.

Kyolux

Hmm. Mine is April 20th to 22nd. I have Amazon Prime and they won't even let me change to two day shipping. :/

I'm sure you'll get it on Tuesday anyway. Unless you're really far from the distribution center I guess? For some reason, mine is set to priority. Don't know which shipping that is in practice.

Damn it, I was actually enjoying a relatively slower stream of game releases so I could start catching up on stuff.

The backlogging will never end. April, May and June are packed for me.

I mean, I'm not making too many new orders, but there are still a ton of E3 games from last year.

Still have FFXV and KH3 from 2013, Uncharted 4 from 2014 and a dozen games from last year? I don't even want to count.

Mine:
k580Od6.jpg

Lol exactly.

I upgraded to release day delivery when I ordered it. Stupid that you can't change it now though. Are they saying it's "preparing for shipment" or something and that's why they won't let you do it? I'd go nuts waiting a week.

Nah. It's been this way for weeks. Not sure why it can't be upgraded. They tried it on there end and said it can't be done. I asked to recreate the order and apply discounts. They won't do it.

Ryde3

opted for Dark Souls 3 on PC, jelly of all you people who (may) get it tomorrow.

edit: just remembered I kept my E3 order of Dark Souls on PS4 for a friend, so if that makes it early I'll DEFINITELY give it a try before he gets it.

Kyolux

opted for Dark Souls 3 on PC, jelly of all you people who (may) get it tomorrow.

edit: just remembered I kept my E3 order of Dark Souls on PS4 for a friend, so if that makes it early I'll DEFINITELY give it a try before he gets it.

Would love to have the game for the week-end. Especially since my Friday evening with friends was cancelled.

But worse-case I'll be trying the Battleborn beta, which I need to play to know if I get that pre-order or not.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Has anyone gone to any sports/grill bars where you can change then channel to your liking?
I'm curious if we can go to a sports bar with lots of TVs and have our own little private area/corner to watch E3. We can't meet at our private homes this year.

Has anyone gone to any sports/grill bars where you can change then channel to your liking?
I'm curious if we can go to a sports bar with lots of TV's and have our own little private area/corner to watch E3. We cn't meet at our private homes this year.

Chenoys?

FrsDvl

I'm curious if we can go to a sports bar with lots of TV's and have our own little private area/corner to watch E3. We can't meet at our private homes this year.

I've never heard, or been to one that does that. I'm not sure if they exist.

And i don't think E3 is on TV anymore, is it?

etta

my hard graphic balls
I've never heard, or been to one that does that. I'm not sure if they exist.

And i don't think E3 is on TV anymore, is it?
I believe Spike still showed it last year. As my post above, Real Sports apparently has more private areas with TVs and not sure about internet (if we stream it instead of Spike), but it looks expensive. I sent them an inquiry and I'll see if they can accomodate.

Objectively, it is indeed.

It's fan service + simple/easy to pick up though. We had a blast that one evening at my friend I brought it over playing taking turns just going at it without having to really learn every characters. (We were like 6 or 7 taking turns in VS mode.)

I'm prime/ordered at E3 and still says Arriving Tuesday. Yours says preparing?

It just shipped!

Kyolux

It just shipped!

Lucky you. Might get it for the week-end.

For me, the status is still arriving Tuesday.

Off-topic: Just went to TD to turn-in a huge bag of coins I've had for decades, where I used to leave all my pocket change over the years.

They have this coin counter (free if you have an account with them), and it took like 10 minutes to drop everything through it. Ended up with $63.. Going in I was expecting like maybe 15-20 or so? But I had over 20 just in pennies.

iphys

I am very confused about a third party seller on Amazon. On their page, they say:

"Recipients of orders shipped outside Canada are fully responsible for all import charges such as Brokerage, Duties, Taxes etc."

They also state domestic prices for Canada shipping. Nothing on their page says that they are in the US. However, I found by accessing a page where you see all possible sellers that the item ships from Virginia, USA.

Now I am scared to be hit with customs and everything, but their wording on their storefront make it sound like they are in Canada. Am I crazy?

Edit: CSR understands it the same way as I do, he says:

"As, I see that it is clearly mentioned that it would be charge only on the items shipped outside Canada. Please do not worry.
There won't be any charges, however if you are hit by the charges, you can contact the seller , so that they can help you accordingly.
If the seller is not able to help you, you can file an A-z guarantee claim on the seller."

Still, I have a huge feeling that I will be hit hard by customs... Can I use that chat to convince Amazon to pay back all extra fees?

I've never been hit yet by items that shipped from out of country that I ordered from amazon.ca. One seller even specifically mentioned no customs/duty despite the item being worth $60 US, and magically it arrived marked gift and under $20, lol.

i-Jest

Lucky you. Might get it for the week-end.

For me, the status is still arriving Tuesday.

Off-topic: Just went to TD to turn-in a huge bag of coins I've had for decades, where I used to leave all my pocket change over the years.

They have this coin counter (free if you have an account with them), and it took like 10 minutes to drop everything through it. Ended up with $63.. Going in I was expecting like maybe 15-20 or so? But I had over 20 just in pennies.

I would love that, but It's being shipped by FedEx so I don't know if they ship early. I remember hearing they'll hold on to the package until the delivery date.

Kyolux

I would love that, but It's being shipped by FedEx so I don't know if they ship early. I remember hearing they'll hold on to the package until the delivery date.

Oh, never got Amazon stuff from FedEx. 98% of the time Canada Post, some rare times UPS or purolator.

Where are you receiving it from and where to?

I'm in Quebec's side of the Ottawa region and usually receive stuff from Mississauga.

Luigi87

I've been thinking about importing Gravity Rush Remastered from Amazon.com. Is now a good time? I don't mind waiting it out though.

EDIT:

Luke warm DEAL

Bestbuy Flash Sale in effect.

Evolve is $9.99: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/evolve-ps4/10282854.aspx?path=8ce420e4ce3064c6b5763d5375cdb64ben02

Need for Speed (USED) is $49.99: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/need-for-speed-ps4-previously-played/10380345.aspx?path=dbb69e3a243114e8e5d1daa8ed0bc1d3en02

Physical version of XCOM 2 at $60 is... decent-ish.

23qwerty

I don't know what ghetto Samurai Sushi you guys are going to, but the one on Davie is good stuff, and isn't all you can eat.

idk there's what's effectively an all you can eat sushi place here that does awesome sushi for $15 for dinner and $10 for lunch, definitely feels like you can eat more than that in value

ohlawd

I'm just annoyed that it's 2x the Android price.
oh yeah, about those ports

have they ever been on sale before? I wanna get V. I know it's worth the price but I don't game on my phone so I'd like to save some money instead by waiting for a sale

Fularu

Banned
Are the new 3DS Dragon Quest games available for pre-order yet?

Wait for the E3 preorder offer. Best-Buy has them, but Amazon will eventually have them too, since they're on amazon.com (Amazon.ca has some delay with 3DS games, they'Re still lacking Kirby, DQ7 and DQ8 as well as Mario and Sonic 2016 on WiiU)

diaspora

Wait for the E3 preorder offer. Best-Buy has them, but Amazon will eventually have them too, since they're on amazon.com (Amazon.ca has some delay with 3DS games, they'Re still lacking Kirby, DQ7 and DQ8 as well as Mario and Sonic 2016 on WiiU)
True enough. These don't drop until later in the year anyway.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Now I miss out on the Dark Souls 3 steel book because I pre ordered too early. Fucking hell. It's insane how dated Best Buys online infrastructure is compared to Amazon.

kennah

Hmm. Mario Kart 8 is on sale for $45 on the e-shop. I think that's up there with the best price it's ever had, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom