• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

I'm still in Vancouver. Bought Mario Kart 8 on the eShop. That's about all that's exciting this week.

I don't like fish so didn't bother with sushi. Legendary Noodle was excellent though

Hmm MK8 is so tempting but I'd rather pay for a physical copy.

I never tried legendary noodle

What area are you staying?

Oh, never got Amazon stuff from FedEx. 98% of the time Canada Post, some rare times UPS or purolator.

Where are you receiving it from and where to?

I'm in Quebec's side of the Ottawa region and usually receive stuff from Mississauga.

Ontario to BC. Fedex sucks. They've been very slow, and it's still over in Ontario. I doubt i'll even get it Monday.

Madness

Preordering games during E3 is worth it if only just for that one game that gets an accidental price cut like Xenoblade X being reduced to $19.

What? I have several games locked in at 59.99-64.99 CAD. Tell me which game you're going to buy for cheaper than that at launch for the next two years with our dollar where it is. Now remember that you get 30% off as well. So I am going to be able to get games like Gears 4 and Mass Effect for like $45 CAD at launch or less.

Anyone who buys and plays games on or near launch and thinks the E3 preorder deals aren't a steal is nuts. There are some people who have deals going even further who will get games shipped to them for under 40 canadian on launch.

Kyolux

Ontario to BC. Fedex sucks. They've been very slow, and it's still over in Ontario. I doubt i'll even get it Monday.

Oh that blows.. They only ship from Mississauga for games? For me, it usually gets here overnight. My order shipped yesterday, so unless Canada Post gets lazy, I should have it on Monday.

Are the original print run pikmin 3's still keeping its value? I found one for the selects price ($19.99) when shopping this morning in the states and decided to pick it up.

Weird market. Lots of high priced listings, but I could not sell mine for even $30 a year ago. It's like if someone wants one NOW, they pay big $. If patient, you'll find a deal.

Even copies at BB sat there for weeks and weeks until someone posted about the supposed rarity on RFD forums.

Niche demand, maybe.

Weird market. Lots of high priced listings, but I could not sell mine for even $30 a year ago. It's like if someone wants one NOW, they pay big $. If patient, you'll find a deal.

Even copies at BB sat there for weeks and weeks until someone posted about the supposed rarity on RFD forums.

Niche demand, maybe.

I think collectors want sealed original print copies. Opened ones are likely worth as much as select copies. But the margins weren't particularly high if you paid $60 and tax and resold for $80. At $30 it's more lucrative.

What Pokemon game were you trying to get?

Pokemon X or Y. This one is X.

She doesn't live far from my house, but I'm pissed off and not going to waste my time. I'm dealing with enough right now, as my closest parent is in hospital with what is likely terminal cancer and there's nothing they can do about it.

Life is a nightmare.

Kyolux

Pokemon X or Y. This one is X.

She doesn't live far from my house, but I'm pissed off and not going to waste my time. I'm dealing with enough right now, as my closest parent is in hospital with what is likely terminal cancer and there's nothing they can do about it.

Life is a nightmare.

I can mail you my copy of Y if you want. I played like 1 hour of it when I bought it at launch. Only bought it because I thought I'd play with my gf back then, but I couldn't really get into it.

All I'd ask for would be shipping fees.

I can mail you my copy of Y if you want. I played like 1 hour of it when I bought it at launch. Only bought it because I thought I'd play with my gf back then, but I couldn't really get into it.

That'd be amazing. Thank you.

I can PayPal you for the game as well. What province are you in?

I owned Y, as I got a code for it through work. However, I sold my 3DS and wasn't able to do a transfer because I didn't get a new one until later. So, I lost the game. Like you, I only played a bit of it, although now I want to play it all.

What a nice gesture :) very cool!

Sora_N

Last check before I cancel Bravely Second (both BB and Amazon.ca). If anyone wants it and missed the preorders let me know, we can figure out how to transfer the preorder to you.

Kyolux

That'd be amazing. Thank you.

I can PayPal you for the game as well. What province are you in?

I owned Y, as I got a code for it through work. However, I sold my 3DS and wasn't able to do a transfer because I didn't get a new one until later. So, I lost the game. Like you, I only played a bit of it, although now I want to play it all.

On the Quebec side of the Ottawa region. I'll get back to you tomorrow in pm for details.

What a nice gesture :) very cool!

:)

He's going to send it dipped in syrup.

lol

terrible

Banned
Not even a "preparing for shipment" with my Dark Souls III Amazon order. Starting to worry I was lied to when I was promised I was getting it day 1 (I paid for day 1 shipping). Moral of the story: never apply a gift card to an order within a week of release.

shipping GAF problems

Not even a "preparing for shipment" with my Dark Souls III Amazon order. Starting to worry I was lied to when I was promised I was getting it day 1 (I paid for day 1 shipping). Moral of the story: never apply a gift card to an order within a week of release.

shipping GAF problems
I preordered June 2015 and haven't gotten a notice either m8.

I preordered June 2015 and haven't gotten a notice either m8.

If your order hasn't moved at all to preparing, update the shipping setting. You don't have to change anything - just open it and then hit done. Often this will cause Amazon's system to recheck release dates on each item and move it through the system.

(As I found out from this very community earlier this year)

Luigi87

I was about to do that myself, but when I go to change shipping, Free Shipping is no longer there for me to re-select.

Now it's just
Standard-Shipping (averages 3-5 business days)
Express (averages 2-3 business days)
Priority (averages 1-2 business days)

terrible

Banned
If your order hasn't moved at all to preparing, update the shipping setting. You don't have to change anything - just open it and then hit done. Often this will cause Amazon's system to recheck release dates on each item and move it through the system.

Still says I'm getting it on December 30th after trying that :/

OH WAIT FUCK IT GOT CHANGED TO THE 19TH!! WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!

Banned
I was looking into getting a Lumia 950, but Rogers and bestbuy don't even have any windows 10 phone on their websites lol. Only way to buy it is full price through Microsoft store.

Has anyone had any action on their Ratchet & Clank preorders from Amazon.ca?

Nope. I'd assumed my Quantum Break order had been delayed in order to ship with Ratchet & Clank but now that's supposedly shipping today and R&C still says "pre-ordered" so who knows. I don't even worry about Amazon pre-orders anymore, I just lump them in with the CDs I order from Japan in the "delivery idk whenever lol" category.

Yes, Amazon, I just compared your pre-order shipping to dumping CDs onto a container ship and floating them across the Pacific Ocean.

ovii

Any actions on DS3 yet? It says I should get it by Tuesday but no shipment notice yet. I doubt it will make it on time. Ratchet and Clank was sent on Friday and should be here by tomorrow.

Both are from amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom