• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulma1

Neo Member
any deals on a decent wifi adapter (usb or expansion card is fine)? Doesn't need to be great, it's for an old xp system.

thanks

kevin1025

Banned
This is likely a difficult to answer question, but...

How are Amazon with their E3 pre-orders on new console launch games? I'm wondering if they'll have the NX games up for the deal or if they'll come later on. I wasn't paying attention back when the Xbox One and PS4 launch games were up (or not).

This is likely a difficult to answer question, but...

How are Amazon with their E3 pre-orders on new console launch games? I'm wondering if they'll have the NX games up for the deal or if they'll come later on. I wasn't paying attention back when the Xbox One and PS4 launch games were up (or not).

I don't think Amazon had an e3 sale prior to ps4 and Xbox one.

Lexxism

If I remember correctly, Amazon only started their E3 deals in 2014.

edit: Yup, 2014. Just checked my past orders. It's most likely we are going to get E3 discounts on NX games if they reveal the system this coming E3.

diaspora

Preordering games during E3 is worth it if only just for that one game that gets an accidental price cut like Xenoblade X being reduced to $19.

Preordering games during E3 is worth it if only just for that one game that gets an accidental price cut like Xenoblade X being reduced to $19.

I think it's doubly worth it now with prices creeping up due to the low exchange rate. That $40 pre-order isn't that great when games were $60, but now that they're $80 you're essentially getting a new release for half price.

diaspora

I think it's doubly worth it now with prices creeping up due to the low exchange rate. That $40 pre-order isn't that great when games were $60, but now that they're $80 you're essentially getting a new release for half price.

Yep, though granted last E3 prices are about the same as where they are now, but the price can only go down. I normally play Deus Ex on PC only for example but because of the deal, I can get it for $62 on PS4 with 30% off more.

khaaan

Didn't they? Or was it just FS/BB then?

I can't recall exactly, but we definitely had 360/PS3 E3 deals before the Xbox One/PS4.

Looking through my order history, I think E3 2013 was Futureshop by itself. Then the next year Best Buy and Amazon joined in.

Kyolux

Looking through my order history, I think E3 2013 was Futureshop by itself. Then the next year Best Buy and Amazon joined in.

Yeah, that's exactly how it went.

Not sure about pre-2013, I missed out on 2012 if there was anything (wii u release year), but I'm pretty sure there was.

Luigi87

Yeah, now the flyer lists "in-store only" for the DkS3 steelbooks.

Saw them today at my work... They're actually really nice.

poodpick

Is this showing up for anyone else?

ds3steamcontrollero4so1.png

steamcontrollerbundle6asez.png

Anyone else seeing this? Would love a free steam controller.

Link leads back to the homepage.

Eoyote

Neo Member
Looks like Best Buy is finally cancelling Project Guard. In return, they're offering 30% off Star Fox Zero. I abused the hell out of this game to qualify for free shipping on pretty much everything. As a result, I have a TON of codes to give away. PM me if you'd like one.

Didn't they? Or was it just FS/BB then?

I can't recall exactly, but we definitely had 360/PS3 E3 deals before the Xbox One/PS4.

The only reason I can remember is that I strongly prefer Amazon over any retailer, and if they had offered it back then, I would not have pre-ordered so many PS4 games from FS before launch.

I think Amazon started 2013.

Kyolux

The only reason I can remember is that I strongly prefer Amazon over any retailer, and if they had offered it back then, I would not have pre-ordered so many PS4 games from FS before launch.

I think Amazon started 2013.

2014 for amazon, 2013 is the PS4 launch year.

Eoyote

Neo Member
Looks like Best Buy is finally cancelling Project Guard. In return, they're offering 30% off Star Fox Zero. I abused the hell out of this game to qualify for free shipping on pretty much everything. As a result, I have a TON of codes to give away. PM me if you'd like one.

Still have lots of codes left.

i-Jest

Still have lots of codes left.

How many times can we apply this to existing preorders of the game? I'll take FIVE!

Trying to buy a Pokemon game off of someone on Kijiji. She has an ad up, and contacts me when I post my looking for ad. Says she will take $20 for it if I pick it up.

I end up not being able to make it until later that day, and she says she can't meet due to a family thing, which I'm also going through. That's fair.

I email her overnight to ask if the next day works, and she gets back to me in the evening, saying if I want to come I can.

I go to the post office by her house -- I have her address -- and email her before I leave, plus text her when I'm there. No reply. I sit and wait. Nothing. Then I go to Walmart to pass time, and nothing.

I heard from her 2-3 hours later, and just said screw it, because I wasn't going back out of town to get screwed over again.

ovii

Trying to buy a Pokemon game off of someone on Kijiji. She has an ad up, and contacts me when I post my looking for ad. Says she will take $20 for it if I pick it up.

I end up not being able to make it until later that day, and she says she can't meet due to a family thing, which I'm also going through. That's fair.

I email her overnight to ask if the next day works, and she gets back to me in the evening, saying if I want to come I can.

I go to the post office by her house -- I have her address -- and email her before I leave, plus text her when I'm there. No reply. I sit and wait. Nothing. Then I go to Walmart to pass time, and nothing.

I heard from her 2-3 hours later, and just said screw it, because I wasn't going back out of town to get screwed over again.

That sucks man. I've had that experience once before.

Kyolux

What Pokemon game were you trying to get?

Classic kijiji

Since I know Amazon will be late in delivering my copy of Dark Souls 3, I'm considering just buying a copy from my local BB and returning the Amazon copy when it arrives.

That strategy still works, right?

Kyolux

Since I know Amazon will be late in delivering my copy of Dark Souls 3, I'm considering just buying a copy from my local BB and returning the Amazon copy when it arrives.

That strategy still works, right?

Never had any problems with it. Haven't done it since November I think though?

Sealtest

Are the original print run pikmin 3's still keeping its value? I found one for the selects price ($19.99) when shopping this morning in the states and decided to pick it up.

kennah

Lol worse for me.

Anything interesting happen in the last week?

I lurked a little but it's boring when I can't post.
I'm still in Vancouver. Bought Mario Kart 8 on the eShop. That's about all that's exciting this week.

I don't like fish so didn't bother with sushi. Legendary Noodle was excellent though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom