• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaaan

Any actions on DS3 yet? It says I should get it by Tuesday but no shipment notice yet. I doubt it will make it on time. Ratchet and Clank was sent on Friday and should be here by tomorrow.

Both are from amazon.

I don't think any actions happen over the weekend. You could probably get it by Tuesday if you start seeing activity on Monday.

No activity on my Ratchet though, I'm looking at April 20-22.

Kyolux

All this R&C talk makes me regret cancelling my pre-order.

Guess I'll grab it down the line if I get a lull between all the other games coming out this year.

I was looking into getting a Lumia 950, but Rogers and bestbuy don't even have any windows 10 phone on their websites lol. Only way to buy it is full price through Microsoft store.

Bought a 550 from the Microsoft store for just over $100 on sale. It's obviously not up to the specs of the 950 but I didn't like the feel and finish of the 950 so got the 550 until whatever comes out this fall.

With the 650 now on the market that's a good stop gap choice as well.

Either way, get into a Microsoft store, you can try everything out and the staff are awesome. I originally purchased a 640 XL thinking I wanted a 6" screen but after using it for a few days realized it wasn't for me, too cumbersome. Returned it and grabbed the 550 no questions asked.

sjay1994

I don't need this.

*sigh* Preordered.

Think I can get amazon.ca to apply the 30%?

Doubtful. They typically don't let the 30% off apply to special/gold/deluxe editions of games. Only time I was able to do it was around boxing day since for some reason, the 30% off included editions of games.

And honestly, is the Deluxe edition even worth it? Its just a steelbook and a physical copy of kingsglaive, which is going to be free to watch for everyone, and some dlc costumes.

Thats very little to be asking for an additional 40 dollars, imo.

c-murph

Doubtful. They typically don't let the 30% off apply to special/gold/deluxe editions of games. Only time I was able to do it was around boxing day since for some reason, the 30% off included editions of games.

And honestly, is the Deluxe edition even worth it? Its just a steelbook and a physical copy of kingsglaive, which is going to be free to watch for everyone, and some dlc costumes.

Thats very little to be asking for an additional 40 dollars, imo.

The Steelbook is pretty and will forever sit on my shelf and get no use.

Tuck

Has anyone had any action on their Ratchet & Clank preorders from Amazon.ca?

Still says "Arriving Tuesday" but has not shipped. I imagine it will ship tomorrow. If it ships tomorrow morning I should get it Tuesday. If not...

Usually with amazon its a bit hit or miss whether or not I get it day of release.

Got a bit lucky this weekend, on Kijiji.

A guy emailed about my copy of NHL, and wanted to know if I'd go a bit lower. He offered $65 for a 'new' controller I'm selling, plus the game, but it was a bit too low for me. I said I'd drop $5 off the game, though, and he came within 20 minutes. Glad I was able to sell that.

Then, someone from Ottawa emailed about the Disney Infinity set I'm selling, offered me about $65 plus shipping, so I'm going to ship it tomorrow. He paid me already, which I appreciate, as it's trusting.

My Star Fox had a date of Dec 31 2015.Yes, the past lol I had to change it to a different credit card, and now they have no date and they'll e-mail me when they have a shipping date. Thing is, I have 2 day shipping on this order. It should be arriving on release day. I suppose I should contact support.

i-Jest

Are the original print run pikmin 3's still keeping its value? I found one for the selects price ($19.99) when shopping this morning in the states and decided to pick it up.

At retail locations? They're gonna be worth as much as the reprints. I assume, going off that, the value would have plummeted for earlier print copies in the sellers market.

Dazzler

Had a BK original chicken sandwich today (still 2 for $5), they really gotta hold the sodium on that thing

image.php

Tapejara

Pre-ordering Ratchet & Clank from the Amazon E3 deals was one of the best decisions I made. After a random price reduction sometime last year I think I'm getting the game for around $28. Totally forgot it was coming out this week too!

terrible

Banned
Yeah, so applying the gift card fucked my order entirely. By doing that it somehow made it as if I was just ordering Dark Souls III again so it went out of stock? That's why it said December 30th. Now they've split the order and I guess I won't get the Day 1 edition and it won't be coming until the 19th or 20th. I might just cancel, I don't know. Pretty pissed. They won't even refund my shipping and I can't change it myself either, it just errors out.

Maybe 4th CSR is the charm?

Kyolux

My Dark Souls 3 order is in town, updated at 9:11 for processing. I'm really hoping it goes out for delivery today, but it might not happen.

I blame the 3rd relatively high amount of snow falling in the last week.

terrible

Banned
These CSR's are really testing my patience.

I feel like I should be made a saint after all this is over with. Talking like they're doing me a huge favour by getting my order sorted out and making me fight to have things corrected.

edit: Ok what I ended up doing is I got them to connect me to someone higher up. From what they said it seems like if you add a gift card (or change payment method in any way) shipment is basically reset. If an item is in stock it doesn't change anything but if it's a limited edition game or whatever that's clearly not in stock anymore you're shit out of luck. There was no chance of getting them to find another Day One edition for me so I got them to just apply the E3 discount to anther order of the standard edition of Dark Souls III and I should be getting it Tuesday or Wednesday at the correct price.

The one really unfortunate thing is I added the gift card to my order in the first place to pay for Dark Souls III. That gift balance is stuck in my original E3 order now though and can't be moved to my new DSIII order. The next release in that order is Gears of War so that gift card is just sitting there doing nothing until October :/

So if what I was told is true do not apply a gift card to an already made Amazon order that contains a limited edition game or you may very well lose that item.

I feel like I should be made a saint after all this is over with. Talking like they're doing me a huge favour by getting my order sorted out and making me fight to have things corrected.

edit: Ok what I ended up doing is I got them to connect me to someone higher up. From what they said it seems like if you add a gift card (or change payment method in any way) shipment is basically reset. If an item is in stock it doesn't change anything but if it's a limited edition game or whatever that's clearly not in stock anymore you're shit out of luck. There was no chance of getting them to find another Day One edition for me so I got them to just apply the E3 discount to anther order of the standard edition of Dark Souls III and I should be getting it Tuesday or Wednesday at the correct price.

The one really unfortunate thing is I added the gift card to my order in the first place to pay for Dark Souls III. That gift balance is stuck in my original E3 order now though and can't be moved to my new DSIII order. The next release in that order is Gears of War so that gift card is just sitting there doing nothing until October :/

So if what I was told is true do not apply a gift card to an already made Amazon order that contains a limited edition game or you may very well lose that item.
Shitty experience dude, glad it was somewhat resolved.

Amazon is really shit with pre orders it seems.

Kyolux

I did the same thing then you I guess, but got half-lucky?

Added my gift card from my birthday partly to the Collectors guide for DS3, which is still shipping today.

Applied the rest to my E3 order from last year, and it doesn't show up at all. Was wanting it to be applied to DS3 too. But after 2 customer reps, I learned that it's applied to Deus Ex for some reason.

In other news, my DS3 is out for delivery. Came in to work even though I feel sick-ish. Maybe I should have stayed home to play. XD

krae_man

Best buy send me an email about their new Uncharted 4 contest and says "preorder today for a chance to win".

Kind of hard to do that when clicking on the game does this

terrible

Banned
I did the same thing then you I guess, but got half-lucky?

Added my gift card from my birthday partly to the Collectors guide for DS3, which is still shipping today.

Applied the rest to my E3 order from last year, and it doesn't show up at all. Was wanting it to be applied to DS3 too. But after 2 customer reps, I learned that it's applied to Deus Ex for some reason.

In other news, my DS3 is out for delivery. Came in to work even though I feel sick-ish. Maybe I should have stayed home to play. XD

I'd kill to be in your situation, minus being sick haha. I really wanted that Day One Edition soundtrack! The gift card thing still sucks for you though. Why can't you just choose which game to apply it to? Wouldn't that make so much more sense. I used to think Amazon had a really good ordering system but now.. nope lol. This is some Best Buy-tier crap.

I'm just ranting more below so feel free to ignore it lol.

What really boiled my blood was having to fight for the little things. When they finally agreed to let me make a new DSIII Standard order and apply my E3 discounts they applied them at the current $79.96 price instead of at the $71.99 price I had with the Day One edition, which added like $4-5 more to my order. That's cool, simple mistake. When I mentioned it they went on about how they've already gone past their comfort level to even do this, and how I don't have a pre-order price guarantee with the Standard edition since my order was for the Day One edition. Had to remind them that not only did I have my gift card stuck in the wrong order now but I lost the superior version of the game thanks to their error so the least they could do is not charge me more than I would've paid had they not messed up. Lol.

Ah well, DSIII shall be glorious. I feel I'm officially a member of ShippingGAF now though.

zeitgeist

Best buy send me an email about their new Uncharted 4 contest and says "preorder today for a chance to win".

Kind of hard to do that when clicking on the game does this

Seriously, there is no excuse for the Best Buy site being such a pile of shit. I've been trying to update my credit card info and all I ever get is an error message.

terrible

Banned
Damn those fucks for initially pricing it at $110

Makes my "20% off" essentially 10% :<

That's why it's so important to grab an Amazon order when possible instead of Best Buy. The lack of pre-order price guarantee from Best Buy means I never order from them unless I missed getting an order in with Amazon (which does happen).

Got the same and contacted CS. They told me it'll still arrive Tuesday.

Honestly this whole estimated delivery date shit is just pointless. The CS rep said they could confirm it was coming Tuesday, so why the fuck don't you just display that?

Yeah seriously. Just a frustrating system overall. Thanks for doing the work and calling in, I'm glad to hear we should have it on time!

Haines

Banned
Dark souls 3 looks to be arriving tommorow from Amazon.

Quantum break arrived on release day as well.

Amazon already doing me better than the really late future shop orders

That's why it's so important to grab an Amazon order when possible instead of Best Buy. The lack of pre-order price guarantee from Best Buy means I never order from them unless I missed getting an order in with Amazon (which does happen).

They were supposed to have adjusted their system to account for this. They adjusted the Twilight Princess HD to be 30% off their new price lately. Maybe that was only because of how many people complained about it compared to Bravely Second...

zroid

Banned

Absolutely, I even pre-ordered a copy from Amazon because I expected this. But it wasn't eligible for any of their pre-order discounts anyway because it's a CE so I'd still be paying $100. I don't think it was supposed to be eligible at Best Buy either, because it wasn't during their most recent promotion. They must have forgot to make it ineligible the first time.

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Damn those fucks for initially pricing it at $110

Makes my "20% off" essentially 10% :<

Absolutely, I even pre-ordered a copy from Amazon because I expected this. But it wasn't eligible for any of their pre-order discounts anyway because it's a CE so I'd still be paying $100. I don't think it was supposed to be eligible at Best Buy either, because it wasn't during their most recent promotion. They must have forgot to make it ineligible the first time.

Agree with all the talk about Best Buy's cumbersome system compared to Amazon's.

People have complained about the Bravely Second Collector's Edition price though. According to the forums Best Buy is supposed to adjust the price for those who were able to snag a 20% off pre-order for this item (link).

Best Buy Canada said:
Any Bravely Second: End Layer Collector's Edition pre-orders made during pre-order promotions will have the dicount honoured on the new price. Any Bravely Second: End Layer Collector's Edition pre-orders made during the 20% off two or more promo are included.

You'll see an update to your order with the price adjustment sometime during the week leading up to release date.

Hopefully they follow through on this and it doesn't require wasting time talking to their Customer Service.

zroid

Banned
Agree with all the talk about Best Buy's cumbersome system compared to Amazon's.

People have complained about the Bravely Second Collector's Edition price though. According to the forums Best Buy is supposed to adjust the price for those who were able to snag a 20% off pre-order for this item (link).

Hopefully they follow through on this and it doesn't require wasting time talking to their Customer Service.

Oh, huh. I wasn't expecting that. Well, hopefully they follow through! Glad there's a forum post I can provide as proof in case it doesn't happen on its own.

BTails

Are we sure that Amazon.ca will lower the price on Bravely Second Collector's Edition to $100? Mine is still showing as $109.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom