• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

F4r0_Atak

I don't know if it has been discussed yet... but for anyone who pre-ordered Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness prior the announcement of the official release date, make sure to have the right item since the game two different SKUs now on Amazon.ca (both still active).

Source 01: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ZV40USM/ (That's the one that I unfortunately pre-ordered back in June 2015 with the E3 promo)
Source 02: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01CXUK6J4/

EDIT: Fixed the second link... :/

Kyolux

I don't know if it has been discussed yet... but for anyone who pre-ordered Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness prior the announcement of the official release date, make sure to have the right item since the game two different SKUs now on Amazon.ca (both still active).

Source 01: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ZV40USM/ (That's the one that I unfortunately pre-ordered back in June 2015 with the E3 promo)
Source 02: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ZV40USM/

What? That's twice the same link... This is the one I have ordered.

Edit: I see what you mean though. I guess that explains why Deus Ex is what is getting my gift card, maybe?

Anyway, I guess it'll be worth a check in with customer rep for this. Probably will end in confusion though.

Price was already 79,99 or something last year, so I'm assuming I'll just have to cancel this one and re-order at E3 in the worst case.

Gitaroo

What's the difference?

I'm sure they would've merged the product pages.

Surely?

That sucks if it would've caused problems.

Kyolux

I am currently checking this with Amazon CS, since I am pretty concerned about this issue.

Cool, let us know.

I'm pretty sure that this is a non-issue and everything will be fixed before release.

Wouldn't leave it up to chance. They may not have noticed there was this duplication. In the scheme of things, this is a low-key release.

Not based on my current discussion with Amazon CS. As the leadership team seems to be having difficulties with the existence of the two SKUs.

Yuck. Technical difficulties? Or they just don't understand the problem?

F4r0_Atak

Since the game is coming out on June 28th, the only easy solution I could see from this issue, would be to pre-order the game again using the new link. (Hopefully with a similar E3 discount) :/

Cool, let us know.

Both. They can't provide any information for now.

krae_man

well looks like yelling at Amazon pays off:
neBMR6K.jpg

(I let them have it for shipping Trackmania Turbo a week late)

F4r0_Atak

For people who pre-ordered the new Star Ocean (PS4) from Amazon...

you better wait for E3 2016 to come before cancelling the game, since they will have the same promo this year too.

F4r0_Atak

30%? How do you know?

CS told me. You can take it with a grain of salt just to be sure.... but it seems that you can expect that we WILL get another great E3 promo this year (30% off on the pre-order of 3 or more games).

EDIT: (Amazon Chat Transcript)

10:36 AM PDT
*my name*: What about the one that I already pre-ordered?... will it still ship on June 28th?

10:37 AM PDT
Amazon CS: IF you want it to be shipped we will ship it to you. Or else once it enters the shipping stage we will cancel that for you
would that be okay *my name*?

10:38 AM PDT
*my name*: ?
I was wondering...
do you know if the E3 promo will be similar this year?
30% off on the pre-orders of 3 or more games.

Because I could still wait a little bit since the game is only coming out on June 28th.
10:39 AM PDT*insert name*: If the promo is the same...

10:39 AM PDT
Amazon CS: Okay no worries.
Let the order be the same way.
Yes the promo will be the same *my name*

*my name*: I'll just cancel this item and create a new pre-order with the new SKU when E3 comes around on June 12th-15th.

Kyolux

Yeah I'm waiting for that.

I hope I can get away with a smaller order this year. Already have a good bunch of games left to receive from last year. (2013 is clearing out once FFXV and KH3 comes out and 2014 once Uncharted 4 and Zelda U are out).

But I'm also hoping VR games will show up for pre-order during E3 too.

E3 really is the most wonderful time of the year.

It really is the best time of year. Take that christmas!

Porkepik

Why can't Ratchet be shipped faster, estimate is for the 21st of april. But I won't complain for 28.99$ taxes included at amazon. Probably the best deal with the xenoblade price mishaps. Did anyone Ratchet has already been shipped ?
This year E3 can't come soon enough, have other games to pre order.

Ps: why would we need to cancel Star Ocean and reorder (its one of me pending preorder?

edit:eek:k sorry I saw that some ratchet have been dispatched already, I guess they just want to take their sweet time even if they already charged my credit card

F4r0_Atak

Why can't Ratchet be shipped faster, estimate is for the 21st of april. But I won't complain for 28.99$ taxes included at amazon. Probably the best deal with the xenoblade price mishaps. Did anyone Ratchet has already been shipped ?
This year E3 can't come soon enough, have other games to pre order.

Ps: why would we need to cancel Star Ocean and reorder (its one of me pending preorder)?

Check this...

Since the game is coming out on June 28th, the only easy solution I could see from this issue, would be to pre-order the game again using the new link. (Hopefully with a similar E3 discount) :/

Cool, let us know.

Both. They can't provide any information for now.

Not based on my current discussion with Amazon CS. As the leadership team seems to be having difficulties with the existence of the two SKUs.

Basically, internally they had a minor f***-up regarding the current SKU of Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness. The one provided in the first link is the placeholder SKU they created for the pre-order of E3 2015. The second link is the new/current/official SKU for the new Star Ocean. If you pre-ordered Star Ocean recently, you should not be having any problems with your order. Although, if you pre-ordered the game back in June 2015, chances are that the Star Ocean (PS4) attached to the first link (see first quote) will be not shipped. Hence why you will have to cancel and pre-order the game again when E3 2016 comes around.

Stat!

I thought I went all out last E3 but I really really need to start going over board and then cancel when I don't want something. Definitely would have jumped on DSIII + Ratchet and Clank + The Show if they were cheaper.

F4r0_Atak

I thought I went all out last E3 but I really really need to start going over board and then cancel when I don't want something. Definitely would have jumped on DSIII + Ratchet and Clank + The Show if they were cheaper.

Did this, never felt happier (30% off on all the games I was interested in) and cancelled a few games along the way (mainly Mafia 3 since no release date).

terrible

Banned
Did this, never felt happier (30% off on all the games I was interested in) and cancelled a few games along the way (mainly Mafia 3 since no release date).

Exactly! Even if it's a game you're really unsure about you might as well still pre-order it in case you really start getting interested in the game nearing launch. The only game I screwed up on was No Mans Sky. It slipped through the cracks. I think it releases just after E3 this year so I'm hoping I can get an order in if they have 30% off again this year though.

DARK SOULS 3 HAS BEEN SHIPPED!

Hot diggity!

Don't fail me now Canada Post.

As soon as I read that I got an email notification on my phone saying Amazon shipped my copy! Yess, you were good luck.

F4r0_Atak

Exactly! Even if it's a game you're really unsure about you might as well still pre-order it in case you really start getting interested in the game nearing launch. The only game I screwed up on was No Mans Sky. It slipped through the cracks. I think it releases just after E3 this year so I'm hoping I can get an order in if they have 30% off again this year though.

It's not a 100% guaranteed, but... they will most likely have the same promotion for this E3. In the way of... pre-order 3 or more games and get 30% off.

Source:
CS told me. You can take it with a grain of salt just to be sure.... but it seems that you can expect that we WILL get another great E3 promo this year (30% off on the pre-order of 3 or more games).

EDIT: (Amazon Chat Transcript)

10:36 AM PDT
*my name*: What about the one that I already pre-ordered?... will it still ship on June 28th?

10:37 AM PDT
Amazon CS: IF you want it to be shipped we will ship it to you. Or else once it enters the shipping stage we will cancel that for you
would that be okay *my name*?

10:38 AM PDT
*my name*: ?
I was wondering...
do you know if the E3 promo will be similar this year?
30% off on the pre-orders of 3 or more games.

Because I could still wait a little bit since the game is only coming out on June 28th.
10:39 AM PDT*insert name*: If the promo is the same...

Amazon CS: Okay no worries.
Let the order be the same way.
Yes the promo will be the same *my name*

*my name*: I'll just cancel this item and create a new pre-order with the new SKU when E3 comes around on June 12th-15th.

Tuck

Ratchet and Clank has shipped from Amazon!

HYPE. Should get it tomorrow. Total was $28.50 dollars thanks to the E3 deal.

terrible

Banned
It's not a 100% guaranteed, but... they will most likely have the same promotion for this E3. In the way of... pre-order 3 or more games and get 30% off.

Source:

I really hope so. I'll be sure to pre-order every game in existence once again if it does happen.

Ratchet and Clank has shipped from Amazon!

HYPE. Should get it tomorrow. Total was $28.50 dollars thanks to the E3 deal.

so good

Luigi87

Oh, just noticed that Batman: The Killing Joke Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital Copy is available for pre-order on Amazon for $21 (as opposed to $30)

Kyolux

Just got an email for the Collector's Guide being shipped just now.

Glad it went down from $45 to 30. Mostly got it for collection purposes, but I'm a dirty casul that also needs all the helps he can get.

jzbluz

Damn, I have the placeholder SKU for SO5 preorder at $40, so it sucks that I'm probably not going to get it at that price.

Damn, I have the placeholder SKU for SO5 preorder at $40, so it sucks that I'm probably not going to get it at that price.

Amazon will fix it before it releases, if it was 1-2 week before release it might be a problem, but they just recently added the new item and they did that instead of replacing the old one, they will fix it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom