• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

Yesss, Dark Souls 3 has shipped!

image.php

Supply drop incoming.

Sora_N

I'm sure they would've merged the product pages.

Surely?

That sucks if it would've caused problems.

It's not our fault they changed skus.

The Fire Emblem defaulted to one version so why wouldn't the first link default to the same product then?

If they cancel my copy I will give them hell. It's not my fault.

soultron

Banned
Just as an FYI for anyone still waiting on their Ratchet & Clank PS4 order to move -- especially if you ordered it during the E3 2015 Amazon pre-order promotion -- check to make sure that it's not grouped with another game for shipment later than 12 April.

Mine was merged in a shipment with Last Guardian, so it was estimated to ship on 2 January 2017. Hah. I made a quick chat request with Amazon CS and they sorted it (broke it off into its own shipment) and made sure the pre-order discount was preserved, all in under 5 minutes.

Vinc

Still no shipping notice for DS3 / Ratchet here. It says preparing for shipment... but with the Day One edition being out of stock, I wonder if it'll actually ship today :/

Vinc

DS3 PS4 is out of stock. I'm talking to a CSR and she's telling me it won't be shipped today for pre-orders, they're trying to obtain more copies but may have to cancel it. Dammit.

Yeah... now they're splitting my R&C shipment so that at least can ship.
Fucking hell,
I knew I shouldn't have listened to that Moogle dude because I'm pretty sure it messed up the priority of my order.

I talked to a CS rep yesterday who told me it would be delivered tomorrow...

Past

Sup with Amazon not receiving enough stock lately? First it was Street Fighter V then RE6 HD and now DS3? What is going on?

Vinc

I'm asking them to switch my order to standard edition so it can ship, since that's in stock, but they can't apply the 30% off if I do that, as it's not the same item. Daaaaamn. Well, hopefully it comes back in stock. They removed the shipping soon message from my order. Blegh.

Perhaps, but given how well it's sold...

I was gifted a copy, but haven't had/don't have the time for it right now, and wondered if I'd be best to sell it and re-buy it down the road.

Watch Dogs sold really well and that went down in price really quick. Pretty sure it sold something like 4 million in the first week.

I'm asking them to switch my order to standard edition so it can ship, since that's in stock, but they can't apply the 30% off if I do that, as it's not the same item. Daaaaamn. Well, hopefully it comes back in stock. They removed the shipping soon message from my order. Blegh.
Fuuuuck, that's horseshit.
Wonder if I have any leverage since the CSR guarenteed that my order would ship Tuesday.

Gonna hit them up now and find out.

killroy87

Just argue with them to get the discount. They can't fulfill the order you placed, it's their fault.

Vinc

Fuuuuck, that's horseshit.
Wonder if I have any leverage since the CSR guarenteed that my order would ship Tuesday.

Gonna hit them up now and find out.

Yeah I have the release day delivery guarantee email they send out... and I paid for priority shipping. Yet I've talked to 2 CSRs now and both say the same thing, I'm gonna have to wait and see if they do ship it. I'm telling them I've already been charged, and they say the charge will be removed within 5 business days if the shipment gets cancelled due to not having stock. They haven't been able to confirm with the supplier that the item will be available again, and Standard is a separate SKU, so I can't get the discount :(

Xenoflare

Currently debating whether or not to pick up Bravely Second since I never finished BD and not planning to after getting to Chapter 6.

Watch Dogs sold really well and that went down in price really quick. Pretty sure it sold something like 4 million in the first week.

That's true

But Watch_Dogs' price has been weird. It's still crazily expensive on digital services.

(I want physical regardless for The Division, but I've been tempted to pick Watch_Dogs up if it's gotten dir cheap and the prices surprise me.)

kevin1025

Banned
Did anyone get an email yet?

I got mine at 11:42am, at the exact same time I got the shipping notification e-mail. The e-mail subject was "Benefit Confirmation for your Order # XXXX". If you haven't gotten it yet, hopefully you do by tomorrow! If not, you may have to contact the support.

I got mine at 11:42am, at the exact same time I got the shipping notification e-mail. The e-mail subject was "Benefit Confirmation for your Order # XXXX". If you haven't gotten it yet, hopefully you do by tomorrow! If not, you may have to contact the support.

Haven't had mine ship out yet so maybe that's why. Just want to make sure this doesn't get botched. I've screen capped it just incase they try to claim there were no pre-order bonus.

Yeah I have the release day delivery guarantee email they send out... and I paid for priority shipping. Yet I've talked to 2 CSRs now and both say the same thing, I'm gonna have to wait and see if they do ship it. I'm telling them I've already been charged, and they say the charge will be removed within 5 business days if the shipment gets cancelled due to not having stock. They haven't been able to confirm with the supplier that the item will be available again, and Standard is a separate SKU, so I can't get the discount :(
This CS guy isn't budging.

But yes, I can confirm that Day One Editions for PS4 are sold out.

I'm livid, especially after pre-ordering in fucking June of last year and not being notified until the night before.

Shit happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom