• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why Best Buy won't let me pay off and reserve the Dusk Shadow controller, so that I can pick it up in store tomorrow. I'd rather go and pick it up, to make sure it's fine, then have it shipped to me in rainy weather.

Who knows how they treat those parcels, how it'll be shipped, if it'll get damp, etc.

Firestorm

For those who pre-ordered at Best Buy and are wondering about the early open beta for Overwatch.

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video-Gaming/Overwatch-Open-Beta-Keys/td-p/150870

Hey everyone! Smiley Happy

I'm excited to share an update on the upcoming Overwatch Open Beta and our Beta Key distribution details.

Customers who pre-order online will receive 2 beta codes (one for them, one for a friend) that give you early 2 day access to the beta that starts on May 3rd. These codes will be e-mailed out on Monday May 2nd right before the start of the beta. (This is being done this way with the hopes of providing you with clear communication on the delivery of these codes and to avoid any confusion or to have codes getting lost by sitting in a 'Junk/Spam' folder in the weeks leading up to the Beta and being deleted.) We want to get you up and playing as fast as possible when the Beta opens up! I'll post a reminder as we get closer to the Beta, but on Monday, May 2nd, please check your Inbox, Junk/Spam or Promotions folder for the code and don't forget to add us to your safe senders list.

Please note:
- The codes will not work until May 3rd when the Beta opens.
- This is an online-only bonus. In-store pre-orders will not receive a code.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Thanks everyone!

I guess I got lucky. My order just got shipped about 30~ minutes ago.
dMtsQux.png

Now it's all up to Canada Post.

Wtf is going on lol

Vinc

CSR did something to my order and now I can't even see the in-progress tracking for R&C and DSIII, but she said I'd definitely get Ratchet tomorrow. It hasn't even shipped yet. Yeah right... lol. First CSR said they couldn't confirm if they would get more copies for DS3 Day one... second CSR said they definitely would and I would be "first on the list" to get my copy... and third CSR told me they would never get more copies as it was a limited item only available on day one. Losing my patience here.

CSR did something to my order and now I can't even see the in-progress tracking for R&C and DSIII, but she said I'd definitely get Ratchet tomorrow. It hasn't even shipped yet. Yeah right... lol. First CSR said they couldn't confirm if they would get more copies for DS3 Day one... second CSR said they definitely would and I would be "first on the list" to get my copy... and third CSR told me they would never get more copies as it was a limited item only available on day one. Losing my patience here.

Just got mine changed to the Regular Edition WITH the E3 discount, but it'll probably arrive on Wednesday.

Speak to a supervisor if that sounds like an option for you. Basically redid the order with the discount and free Day 1 shipping for DS3.

Vinc

Just got mine changed to the Regular Edition WITH the E3 discount, but it'll probably arrive on Wednesday.

Speak to a supervisor if that sounds like an option for you. Basically redid the order with the discount and free Day 1 shipping for DS3.

Yeah all three of them refused that for me... one of them said they could change it to "the same game, but on Xbox One". I tried to explain that the standard and day one editions were the same except WITHOUT bonuses, but they wouldn't have it. They offered me 5 dollars off. Ridiculous.

Yeah all three of them refused that for me... one of them said they could change it to "the same game, but on Xbox One". I tried to explain that the standard and day one editions were the same except WITHOUT bonuses, but they wouldn't have it. They offered me 5 dollars off. Ridiculous.
Yeah the first guy offered me five bucks too and I flat out said, "Put me on with someone who can modify my order".

Spoke to a dude named Jesus. He cancelled the DS3 part of my order, then I redid it with the regular PS4 version and he gave me day one shipping for free.

I emphasized that I had placed the order in fking June of last year and he was a lot more willing to cooperate after that.

Maybe ask for the same guy? Or at least a supervisor. In any case, it is possible because they literally just did it for me.

Vinc

Yeah the first guy offered me five bucks too and I flat out said, "Put me on with someone who can modify my order".

Spoke to a dude named Jesus. He cancelled the DS3 part of my order, then I redid it with the regular PS4 version and he gave me day one shipping for free.

I emphasized that I had placed the order in fking June of last year and he was a lot more willing to cooperate after that.

Maybe ask for the same guy? Or at least a supervisor. In any case, it is possible because they literally just did it for me.

Yeah I'll wait til tomorrow to see if the day one version comes back in stock, otherwise I'll try again. Sucks we have to deal with this. I even paid for priority shipping and also ordered it back in June! It's my most anticipated game of the year :/

Yeah I'll wait til tomorrow to see if the day one version comes back in stock, otherwise I'll try again. Sucks we have to deal with this. I even paid for priority shipping and also ordered it back in June! It's my most anticipated game of the year :/
Yeah, I feel you :( It's mine as well.
Best of luck. I'm never tampering with my order again.

To whomever put up the change shipping. But not really Amazon trick. THANK YOU!

DS3 was shipping in May
Ratchet was shipping Never.

Now both will be here Wednesday at the latest!

You the real MVP!

Sora_N

Quote to reveal 30% off Star Fox Zero at BB.

I was gonna cancel Amazon but then it was $69.99 - 30% for me so no point since BB is $74.99.

Sealtest

I talked to a very nice amazon CS who gave me a preorder code for ratchet and clank and had no idea why I didn't get an email when my game shipped. If you havn't gotten a code yet prolly best just to chat with someone.

dream

Haven't had mine ship out yet so maybe that's why. Just want to make sure this doesn't get botched. I've screen capped it just incase they try to claim there were no pre-order bonus.

If you need extra evidence, they emailed me the code last week.

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for purchasing "Ratchet and Clank”. Your purchase has qualified you to receive additional digital content.
REDEEM YOUR CODE
CLAIM YOUR DELUXE EDITION CONTENT!
Use the code to unlock your Ratchet and CLank Pre-order DLC.
Redeem your code on PlayStation Network.
Your purchase has qualified you to receive additional digital content.

To download your content: On the PS4 Dynamic Menu, go to the PlayStation Store icon.

Highlight "Redeem Codes" and press the X button. Here you will be able to enter your code. Once the code is entered press the X button to Continue. Now you will see the item for redemption. Highlight the confirm option and press the X button. A Message will appear that the code has been redeemed, press the X button on "OK". The content will now show under the "Library" option.

This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Amazon.ca

23qwerty

Oh ffs newegg.ca is shipping my RAM out of the states, would have been nice to know that before ordering

Also how should I go about changing my credit card information on a Futureshop preorder?

Sora_N

If you need extra evidence, they emailed me the code last week.

I didn't get one but I also ordered a copy from BB and they sent me the code like yesterday. I forgot to cancel it.

Does anyone want a code from Amazon? I could try to send an email and try to get one for you if someone wants it. I'm not willing to go into CSR chat to ask for one though lol. :p

I didn't get my R&C pre-order code so I called Amazon and the lady said she couldn't do anything since Sony is closed but she'll make a form and they'll do it tom when they open. Fingers crossed I wake up and have my code.

You can't pay for anything online and pick it up in store. If you want to use PayPal, you'll have to buy online and have it shipped.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

I honestly didn't know. I buy things online maybe once or twice a year. Hardly ever.

I ordered it and am having it shipped to me for free. I worry about how it will be treated, but if it's damaged I can just return it in store. The weather is supposed to be good.

I guess the guy who bought Disney Infinity off of me is new to PayPal. He sent the money as a buyer, and got docked fees, which were taken out of my cut. It's weird it works that way.

Ah well, it's only $2.77.

He did it correctly. That keeps him safe.

I assumed that's why he did it, and it makes sense. It sucks, but it's just pocket change. Would've helped to offset the shipping cost, but oh well.

How exactly does that work? It says I can provide shipping info. I was already able to spend the money on the controller, and plan to ship the game out tomorrow. I just didn't get to the post office today.

Like many of you, I preordered Dark Souls 3 in June of last year and I find it absurd that Amazon isn't even able to fulfill preorders made that far back.

At first I thought it was just them screwing with me because I chose free shipping, but they really are out of day one edition copies. Isn't the purpose of preordering to avoid scenarios like this?

I don't normally complain about this stuff, but god damn this is the one game that I really wanted relatively on time this year.

Like many of you, I preordered Dark Souls 3 in June of last year and I find it absurd that Amazon isn't even able to fulfill preorders made that far back.

At first I thought it was just them screwing with me because I chose free shipping, but they really are out of day one edition copies. Isn't the purpose of preordering to avoid scenarios like this?

I don't normally complain about this stuff, but god damn this is the one game that I really wanted relatively on time this year.

I'm done with them regarding games, I can order random crap and have it delivered the next day with their slow free option, yet prime delivery preorder games done a year in advance were showing up weeks late, fuck that!

I let my prime expire last month too, stupid crap was useless.

superbad

How exactly does that work? It says I can provide shipping info. I was already able to spend the money on the controller, and plan to ship the game out tomorrow. I just didn't get to the post office today.

Sooo you haven't even shipped the game to the buyer, yet you've already spent his money on, what, your fifth Xbox One controller that you won't even actually use (and will probably return due to lack of grips, you don't like the colour in person, or a small dent on the corner of the box)?

Make sure to use a trackable method when you ship.

Vinc

Ratchet and DS3 are back to "Arriving today", but haven't shipped yet. So that's not happening. I was guaranteed by the CSR that I would at least get Ratchet today as she had separated the orders. Pretty disappointed in Amazon this time around.

c-murph

Are "late" shipping times really that big of a thing with people?

Maybe it's just because I'm older and have more patience but after I get a game for a fraction of its cost on amazon plus free shipping; I can wait a few extra days for it to arrive.

Maybe it's just because I'm older and have more patience but after I get a game for a fraction of its cost on amazon plus free shipping; I can wait a few extra days for it to arrive.

I only care cause its Dark Souls 3.

killroy87

You get the hell out of here with your logic and reason!

Vinc

I normally wouldn't mind, but I'm a huge Dark Souls fan and I wanted to play this one at launch alongside everyone else, so I paid for priority shipping and pre-ordered it back in June. It still hasn't shipped, and my CC was charged already.

It happens all the time with my other free shipping preorders and I really don't mind, but this isn't great.

terrible

Banned

When people pay for same day shipping and it doesn't arrive on release date that's pretty shitty. If you're using free shipping you have to expect it to be late though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom