• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

DayEnder

Not sure if there is an equivalent to Buy/Sell/Trade for Canadians, but if someone wants to sell their Quantum Break PC code I'd be willing to PayPal/Amazon Gift Card/etc. for $20. Send me PM if interested.

farisr

Wow, amazon delivered an E3 preorder on release day. Awesome. just got Ratchet & Clank. And this was part of that "additional 30% off error" order that happened for me accidentally (before the error got widely known and people started abusing it).

Feels like a steal getting the game for only $16.27 (including tax). But thankfully insomniac already got the amount for a full sale so I don't feel so bad.

What comes with Day 1 edition of Dark Souls 3?

DSIII_D1_BeautyShot_EN.jpg

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/dark-souls-iii-day-edition-xbox-one-p-23741.html

krae_man

Something tells me I'm not going to get an Uncharted contest code from my Future Shop pre-order.

Well there is an online request for an entry starting May 2nd:

Without a Purchase (Online Code Request): From 12:00 AM ET on May 2, 2016 through 11:59:59 PM ET on May 15, 2016, an eligible consumer must visit www.unchartedthegame.com/en-us/AroundTheWorld/code-request, and follow the onscreen instructions to obtain one (1) entry code (the “Online Code”). Each entrant may obtain no more than one (1) Online Code through this method of entry. Except as specifically set forth below, the term “Code” will refer to “Online Code” also.

You miss out on the chance to win the projector, headphones and Z5 but you're still in the running for the collectors edition, PS4 and grand prize.

Past

Hmm, looks like I am not receiving R&C and DS3 today. This is what the CP tracking says:
Verifying recipient's address; Possible delay

Never got this status before. What does it mean actually? I didn't change my address or anything, could amazon have made a typo in my address?

Hmm, looks like I am not receiving R&C and DS3 today. This is what the CP tracking says:
Verifying recipient's address; Possible delay

Never got this status before. What does it mean actually? I didn't change my address or anything, could amazon have made a typo in my address?

I would ask a CSR and or call Canada Post to double check that.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Walked into Best Buy to exchange the XB1 version of Dark Souls III for the PS4 version, and I ended up walking out with the pre order metal case. This thing is a beaut.

zroid

Banned
Best Buy is so damn annoying to contact by email lol

I just asked them to cancel my $39.99 SMTxFE order with Future Shop and in its place adjust the price to $39.99 on the TMS#FE order I placed with Best Buy this morning

They replied that they canceled the FS order but didn't say anything about the other half of my request ~_~

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Best Buy is so damn annoying to contact by email lol

I just asked them to cancel my $39.99 SMTxFE order with Future Shop and in its place adjust the price to $39.99 on the TMS#FE order I placed with Best Buy this morning

They replied that they canceled the FS order but didn't say anything about the other half of my request ~_~

You're probably fucked...

Almost every time I had to ask them to make a change to an order, they either misunderstood, ignored it or made me lose discounts with no possibility to get it back. Combine that to the fact that their website is STILL super-buggy after all these years and they lost my business to Amazon despite the slower shipping.

zroid

Banned
You're probably fucked...

Almost every time I had to ask them to make a change to an order, they either misunderstood, ignored it or made me lose discounts with no possibility to get it back. Combine that to the fact that their website is STILL super-buggy after all these years and they lost my business to Amazon despite the slower shipping.

Sigh... I asked them to confirm they made the adjustment. I'll just call if it didn't happen already. Unfortunately when BB makes price adjustments it never shows up on the order page, they hide it in the receipt so you never know until it ships. Really annoying.

I had Project Guard pre-ordered on BestBuy.ca but since it is now part of Star Fox Zero they cancelled the pre-order. In return, they gave me a coupon code for 30% off Star Fox Zero that expires April 21, 2016. I'm not going to use it so PM me if you want it.

Vinc

DS3 and Ratchet still haven't arrived from Amazon despite them guaranteeing that it would arrive today, that it had shipped but the site just hadn't updated. I did notice my invoice earlier hinted that it had shipped via intelcom yesterday... but now the order on Amazon changed to shipping today, the printed order says shipping now (and has been for several hours), and the invoice now added a copy of the same order with Canada Post forward written on there... I'm so confused.

Augustiner

Neo Member
What's an O-Sleeve? Like a slip cover? lol

I laughed at that as well. It is a cardboard sleeve that goes over the game box, and is exactly the same as the actual game box cover, front and back. Not sure why this is advertised as a marketing bullet point.

Mine is already on its way to the local recycling centre.

Just as a reminder about Day One Edition delays, as of yesterday Amazon was out of stock so that's what's causing it.

In other news, get ready for some shipping fuckery.

Amazon says my package shipped from Missasauga and Canada Post says my package started from Montreal.

It continues.

X-Factor

Best Buy Canada without paid shipping delivers on time.

I have Amazon Prime and my expected delivery date is April 20th-22nd. If I don't receive the Day One Edition of Dark Souls III (the version with the soundtrack) I am going to be very annoyed.

Worst of all it is listed as in stock on amazon.ca but my order has not even been shipped yet.

Given the choice I will probably go with Best Buy for the 20-30% off E3 pre-orders over amazon from now on.

Amazon Prime is only good for shipping things that are not video games.

Are "late" shipping times really that big of a thing with people?

Maybe it's just because I'm older and have more patience but after I get a game for a fraction of its cost on amazon plus free shipping; I can wait a few extra days for it to arrive.

bryt

2016/04/12
09:41 SURREY, BC Item rescheduled for delivery next business day.
09:13 SURREY, BC Item out for delivery

Canada Post whyyyy.

Luigi87

Best Buy copy of DkS3 also didn't arrive today (again, Amazon hasn't even shipped). This is on Canada Post though, not BB.

Oh well, won't be playing until this weekend anyhow.

Sooo you haven't even shipped the game to the buyer, yet you've already spent his money on, what, your fifth Xbox One controller that you won't even actually use (and will probably return due to lack of grips, you don't like the colour in person, or a small dent on the corner of the box)?

Make sure to use a trackable method when you ship.

Yeah. I don't have a credit card, so I had to use PayPal to purchase what I wanted.

I'm going out to ship it now, actually. A family member offered to drive me since I've had a shot of tequila. My Mom died last night, and I wasn't expecting to randomly sell the game to someone in Ottawa/need to ship it.

I'm 100% honest, though, so I'm gonna' go out and ship it today, and provide him with the tracking number.

EDIT: Buying controllers has been some sort of an OCD compulsion, which just began over the last year. It's not a shopping addiction per se, but it has made me feel better for five minutes or so during tough times. Even I know it's dumb. I'm not dumb with money otherwise.

ovii

I know I bitch about amazon and I was doubtful that it would make it in today, but I just received Dark Souls 3. Shipped last night at 6pm, arrived at 5pm. These boys DELIVER.

However, as I'm opening the game, the in-laws decided to come over.

Luigi87

I know I bitch about amazon and I was doubtful that it would make it in today, but I just received Dark Souls 3. Shipped last night at 6pm, arrived at 5pm. These boys DELIVER.

However, as I'm opening the game, the in-laws decided to come over.

It's poetic really.

c-murph

I laughed at that as well. It is a cardboard sleeve that goes over the game box, and is exactly the same as the actual game box cover, front and back. Not sure why this is advertised as a marketing bullet point.

Mine is already on its way to the local recycling centre.

Dark days ahead when slip covers are the added incentives to purchase video games.

Weird shipping stories:

1) Quantum Break didn't get shipped out from Amazon until Sunday, and arrived yesterday. Meanwhile, Ratchet & Clank shipped out yesterday and arrived today. I figured Quantum Break was held back to group with Ratchet, but no. Weird.

2) I ordered some CDs from Amazon.co.jp for the first time ever. They shipped on Sunday and arrived TODAY. Amazon.co.jp can ship CDs to me FROM JAPAN in less time than Amazon.ca takes to even package up and send out a pre-order.

univbee

2) I ordered some CDs from Amazon.co.jp for the first time ever. They shipped on Sunday and arrived TODAY. Amazon.co.jp can ship CDs to me FROM JAPAN in less time than Amazon.ca takes to even package up and send out a pre-order.

Amazon.co.jp's shipping times are insanely fast. I've received stuff on "release day" (technically like 24 hours later due to time zone difference) in Quebec, over 10,000 km away.

Past

Wow, actually managed to sell The Bouncer pre-order bonus for $10 on eBay. Didn't know people would be willing to pay that much for it.

zroid

Banned
Sigh... I asked them to confirm they made the adjustment. I'll just call if it didn't happen already. Unfortunately when BB makes price adjustments it never shows up on the order page, they hide it in the receipt so you never know until it ships. Really annoying.
BTW: they replied and said they applied a $30 credit to my order. So great!

De_Legend

Banned
Got my Ratchet yesterday and getting my DS3 day one edition with my collector DS3 guide tomorrow from INTELCOM? Never heard of em before.

And all that with the free shipping option. I won't complain..

zroid

Banned
Shipped! Amazon says Thursday but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets here tomorrow.

Edit: AMZCA?

They shipped me some blu-rays by "AMZCA" last week

I think it's their in-house delivery service. Guy in a white van dropped it at my door, rang the doorball, and bolted,

Thanks, zroid, Tapejara and lone_prodigy. Much appreciated.

Just shipped Disney Infinity to the guy in Ottawa. Man, Canada Post's private establishments (this one's a convenience/dollar store) love to gauge you. I think I'm going to go elsewhere next time.

I grabbed a box, and they charged me $5.50 for that. Then, I'd forgotten my tape, so I paid $1.25 for that. They wouldn't tape it for free, and wanted me to buy something from their store.

Came to over $23.00, so I got about $50-something for the game. Glad to have sold it.

Provided the seller shipping info through his payment method, so it should be good.

I'd been meaning to get out, but have been paralyzed by grief.

EDIT: And I bought another controller. The copper shadow controller. I was out, and went to Best Buy. Figured it'd make me happy for a moment, but it's not really working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom