• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird shipping stories:

1) Quantum Break didn't get shipped out from Amazon until Sunday, and arrived yesterday. Meanwhile, Ratchet & Clank shipped out yesterday and arrived today. I figured Quantum Break was held back to group with Ratchet, but no. Weird.

2) I ordered some CDs from Amazon.co.jp for the first time ever. They shipped on Sunday and arrived TODAY. Amazon.co.jp can ship CDs to me FROM JAPAN in less time than Amazon.ca takes to even package up and send out a pre-order.

Yeah I got on eBay big time for like a year, after noticing JP game stuff shipped faster than anything locally.

Then suddenly Jan 2016 everything slowed to a crawl. Had one package arrive in 3 days, and another three packages take 40+ days. JP shipping is so random now.

Maybe Amazon is better because they have a dedicated shipper/preclearance of some kind.

My ratchet PO hasn't shipped yet, been "preparing to ship" for three days now lol.

zroid

Banned
There have been some scares with both my parents recently. I'm becoming all too aware of their mortality, and it's not easy. Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2014 (thankfully she seems to have recovered), and my dad has been having a bunch of health issues in the last few months. I feel for you man. It's scary stuff.

Vinc

The Amazon saga continues. Didn't get the package with DS3 and RC today, despite being told earlier that I would receive it today for sure, as it had shipped yesterday.

I contacted them, said that I was told it shipped yesterday, was immediately told that the order was still processing and would ship tonight, then transferred to a supervisor (I didn't even complain or anything, it was super swift).

Supervisor sounded either rude / irritated or it was just a language barrier thing, but he told me Amazon doesn't ship past 6 pm, so both of my previous CSRs were wrong. The package will ship tomorrow morning and will arrive around Friday, said "please understand, thank you" and disconnected.

Meanwhile, Amazon still says it's "shipping now", with a delivery estimate of... today.

And my invoice shows the order twice, one scheduled to ship with Intelcom, and one scheduled to ship with Canada Post Forwarding (???).

What a mess. I have no idea what's going on.

Sorry to hear about that chewie. My boss recently passed away (he was the grandfather I never had) so I know you're in for a rough time. Keep your head up and know things will get better.

If you're in Toronto and want to grab a beer with a fellow late 20s(29) gaffer hit me up.

Thanks, CanadaGAF. I really do appreciate it.

Sorry to hear about that chewie. My boss recently passed away (he was the grandfather I never had) so I know you're in for a rough time. Keep your head up and know things will get better.

If you're in Toronto and want to grab a beer with a fellow late 20s(29) gaffer hit me up.

Thanks for the offer. I'm about an hour away, but if I'm ever in Toronto I'll try to let you know.

N° 2048

<3 Chewie :(
*hug*

Amazon's courier service is ace.

Canada Post packages get to my place around 2pm but Dark Souls III just came via Amazon's courier service and it's 8:30am!

Time to git gud.

zroid

Banned
Best Buy actually followed through with its promise

yIymS2P.png

Well I'll be damned

2016/04/13
10:26 MONTREAL, QC Shipment received at originating postal facility
08:07 MONTREAL, QC In transit
05:36 MONTREAL, QC Item processed

Anyone have experience with this before? Did they just send it back to Montreal? -.-

2016/04/13
10:26 MONTREAL, QC Shipment received at originating postal facility
08:07 MONTREAL, QC In transit
05:36 MONTREAL, QC Item processed

Anyone have experience with this before? Did they just send it back to Montreal? -.-

I have experienced messed up times on Canada Post before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom