• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are "late" shipping times really that big of a thing with people?

Maybe it's just because I'm older and have more patience but after I get a game for a fraction of its cost on amazon plus free shipping; I can wait a few extra days for it to arrive.
It sucks when you preorder something almost a year in advance and it gets delayed, period.

I mean, shit happens, but it still sucks when there seems to be no foresight or transparancy going on on their end.

I'm sorry for you guys not getting your DS3 from June from Amazon, I had to re-order on December 1st and my DS3 shipped yesterday at 9 pm...(with f---ing INTELCOM, but it should get there granted they don't lose it)

Vinc

CSR is now guaranteeing that I'll have my package by the end of the day. It hasn't shipped yet, that doesn't sound possible... but we'll see!

CSR is now guaranteeing that I'll have my package by the end of the day. It hasn't shipped yet, that doesn't sound possible... but we'll see!
Yeah, don't trust them for shit.
My CSR "guaranteed" my original package would be here today. When I called them out on it they offered me 5 bucks lmao

They always say that when the website says "Arriving today", but if it isn't ship it obviously does not happen. If you are a prime member, you can at least get 1 month of prime for free (80$/12 value)!

Vinc

They always say that when the website says "Arriving today", but if it isn't ship it obviously does not happen. If you are a prime member, you can at least get 1 month of prime for free (80$/12 value)!

He actually just told me he checked with the shipping department and the package with both games has already shipped, but the site was not updated... or something. I don't trust it, but at least he told me to keep the conversation as proof, so maybe if I recontact them I can get them to actually ship it this time.

Luigi87

Yeah my copy hasn't shipped yet either, but I'm not Prime and it's Amazon, so it doesn't bother me. I also got the "will ship by April 15th" line.

It'll probably bother my friend more, lol. We have a pact in that we always simultaneously play the Souls games.

khaaan

My Ratchet didn't ship until late last night but it was in the mail this morning so that was a bit of a nice surprise.

I don't bother caring about shipping from Amazon too much anymore, I've accepted it as the price I have to pay for the slightly better discounts. Most "must have day one" games for me are from Best Buy which almost always does a good job.

Does anyone know how to change the shipping address on Amazon's mobile website? I can only change the shipping speed or cancel specific items from there.

explodet

I don't bother caring about shipping from Amazon too much anymore, I've accepted it as the price I have to pay for the slightly better discounts. Most "must have day one" games for me are from Best Buy which almost always does a good job.
This is going to have to be my policy from now on - when it's just a game I want to play I can wait for the most part, but when other people are waiting for me everybody runs into a cycle of impatience. So same day from Best Buy it is.

My order for Dark Souls 3 from Amazon has been sitting on "Being shipped today" for almost 24 hours, so I'm doing the tapping my foot thing. I would cancel it and just get a copy from a brick and mortar site, but it's the only order that only has 3 games in it and I don't want to mess up the other two.

Bluenoser

Fucking Canada Post. My DS3 has been "Out for delivery" since yesterday morning at 9am. I call to see what's going on and the dude tells me their standard is to have it to me by Apr 13, and it's not late until after that date. I'm like.. it says it's literally on the truck out for delivery. Are they going to hold it on the truck for 2 more days?

If it's lost I will freak the fuck out.

kevin1025

Banned
Fucking Canada Post. My DS3 has been "Out for delivery" since yesterday morning at 9am. I call to see what's going on and the dude tells me their standard is to have it to me by Apr 13, and it's not late until after that date. I'm like.. it says it's literally on the truck out for delivery. Are they going to hold it on the truck for 2 more days?

It could be that it was on the truck for delivery yesterday and they never delivered everything and so it's looping back around through the process. If you don't get it today and it still says the same thing with no updates, then you should unleash hell, because that's not cool.

Oneself

I guess I'm always lucky with amazon, once again my E3 pre-order (R&C) has been delivered on time.
Prime is worthless, the real day 1 shipping is express. I pay for express and so far (6 games) it never failed.

terrible

Banned

I get that once in a while. It comes the next day when it happens to me, hopefully it does for you as well.

So if I pre-ordered and have prime and still have this shipping on the 15th should be there by the 22nd should I rally and call their CSRs to see if I can get some kind of gift certificate or other benefit for my 'trouble'?

I mean it's just a game and whatnot but this is DS3 and I pre-ordered to avoid any hassle...

Bluenoser

It could be that it was on the truck for delivery yesterday and they never delivered everything and so it's looping back around through the process. If you don't get it today and it still says the same thing with no updates, then you should unleash hell, because that's not cool.

Yeah it doesn't technically release until today, so I can't be too sour, but I was really hoping to play it last night. Usually when Amazon ships games day 1, they come 1 day early, but not always.

I get that once in a while. It comes the next day when it happens to me, hopefully it does for you as well.

I hope so. Maybe the driver was sick or something.

killroy87

He actually just told me he checked with the shipping department and the package with both games has already shipped, but the site was not updated... or something. I don't trust it, but at least he told me to keep the conversation as proof, so maybe if I recontact them I can get them to actually ship it this time.

Yeah their guarantees mean nothing.

I love how we clearly trust nothing Amazon CSR reps say, and yet still continue to bug them each time something hasn't shipped. What do we hope to accomplish?

I love how we clearly trust nothing Amazon CSR reps say, and yet still continue to bug them each time something hasn't shipped. What do we hope to accomplish?

I tend not to mess around with Amazon reps unless something is clearly wrong with my order, ex. that one time Atelier Rorona Plus took three weeks or something to get to me. It's just been so much easier to learn not to care so much about shipping dates and get games when you get games, even if it takes a week. Not to say that it doesn't still suck, but it's much less stressful to me.

Savitar

The dollar is above 78 cents :eek:

But can it last.

When the dollar falls they're quick enough to change prices to reflect it, but when it gains they're slow as shit. Remember when it hit parity they said it could take up to half a year to even out at stores with prices made to reflect things but due to the massive amount of US shopping most places adapted much quicker, though still took a month or so and lots of pissed off people.

Gn1v036.jpg

This has been my real conversation with a seller from aliexpress. I can't belive this. I've tried dealing with Ali express csr. If I don't get a refund I'll have to contact my credit card for a refund. How do I go about this?

But can it last.

When the dollar falls they're quick enough to change prices to reflect it, but when it gains they're slow as shit. Remember when it hit parity they said it could take up to half a year to even out at stores with prices made to reflect things but due to the massive amount of US shopping most places adapted much quicker, though still took a month or so and lots of pissed off people.

Oh, prices won't change

Corey31

But can it last.

Right now $60 USD = $76.80 CDN. I'd like to believe they would consider pricing games at $76.99 or something like that but I doubt it. I feel like they will leave them at $79.99 CDN and just take it as extra profit.

It would take our dollar going above where $60 USD = <$74.99 CDN and staying there for a significant amount of time. If that happens we might see a $5 price drop.

Perhaps on larger things with higher prices you might see a shift due to our dollar increase. But like you I think it will take a lot longer then it took for prices to increase.

Kyolux

This has been my real conversation with a seller from aliexpress. I can't belive this. I've tried dealing with Ali express csr. If I don't get a refund I'll have to contact my credit card for a refund. How do I go about this?

What's aliexpress? And they sent you shoes instead of?

What's aliexpress? And they sent you shoes instead of?

I ordered little place card holders for my upcoming wedding. Instead I received a pair of shoes. I went through the whole chain of shippers and the main distributer from china verified they shipped what was given to them. The seller refuses to admit fault and is extremely rude.

Lexxism

DSIII coming with "Intelcom Express".

What happens if I'm not home, do they leave it in the mailbox? Come back tomorrow?
If it will fit on your mailbox, yeah they might leave it there. Though, only canada post has an access to an apartment mailbox (if thats where u live).

I ordered little place card holders for my upcoming wedding. Instead I received a pair of shoes. I went through the whole chain of shippers and the main distributer from china verified they shipped what was given to them. The seller refuses to admit fault and is extremely rude.

Threaten to leave negative feedback. I've heard that sellers are terrified about getting them.

I assume you've contacted AliExpress as well? File a chargeback as a last resort.

kennah

What's the best way to do a cross country move? Has anyone here used those pods/containers, where they'll pick it up and drop it off? Planning ahead for something next year.

c-murph

It sucks when you preorder something almost a year in advance and it gets delayed, period.

I mean, shit happens, but it still sucks when there seems to be no foresight or transparancy going on on their end.

But in their defense I don't think they made any promises when they would ship it out to you. They probably go the cheapest route if you're getting the 30% discount.

When people pay for same day shipping and it doesn't arrive on release date that's pretty shitty. If you're using free shipping you have to expect it to be late though.

Yeah, i'd be pissed in that case.

You get the hell out of here with your logic and reason!

But it's so far to the border.

I only care cause its Dark Souls 3.

lol fair enough.

The dollar is above 78 cents :eek:

In Trudeau we trust.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
If the dollar stabilizes at 80 cents USD, I wonder how long it will take for these scumbag publishers to lower prices.

Anyone here getting a Quantum Break Windows 10 code?

I would be interested.

Prefer buying a Canadian code since I am not sure a US code will work.

$20 paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom