• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Buy's been a lot better with *gasp* actually allowing my concierge to take packages and not forcing me to walk to a post office to pick up pre-order games the next day because reasons, so I'm less reluctant to order from them these days. But Amazon offers better prices and I usually don't care very much about having games the day of release (or even week of). Me not caring shouldn't be license to Amazon to ship games whenever they feel like it, but I've decided that issue is, so far, one I'm willing to live with.

Between bad shipping policies and pricing shenanigans, though, the whole thing's a bit of a shit sandwich. I've been scaling back my gaming purchases partially because of this.

Finally arrived. Amazon's shipping is way, way later than Canada Post in my neck of the woods. Don't even think I've had UPS deliver this late.

Kyolux

My issue with Best Buy is that they won't leave the game in my mailbox, they'll have me wait until the next day to pick it up to the drugstore's CP counter. Which is way out of my way. And often I only get to see the game on the next Monday.

bryt

I'm never ordering from Best Buy again cause their order status page sucks and it's a pain in the ass to change my CC/shipping info. I have an order from E3 2014 (about 15 games in the order) where I can't even check the status of. It just errors out every time I try to.

MarkusRJR

I'm never ordering from Best Buy again cause their order status page sucks and it's a pain in the ass to change my CC/shipping info. I have an order from E3 2014 (about 15 games in the order) where I can't even check the status of. It just errors out every time I try to.
This. I'd rather deal with delayed shipping times than deal with the outdated website Best Buy has.

Thanks, everyone

EDIT: Just saw that my Dusk Shadow controller was delivered to our community mailbox down the road 8 hours ago. I drove down to pick it up.

I wish it hadn't of been sitting 'outside' for 8 hours, but it's 4 degrees now and was likely warmer earlier while I slept all day. Hopefully it's okay. They shipped it in a plastic bubble mailer envelope.

MrFlooD

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but is their a Canadian Buy/Sell/Trade thread?

Looking to offload my OG Xbox with 100+ retail games and Modded Gamecube.

Thanks all,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but is their a Canadian Buy/Sell/Trade thread?

Looking to offload my OG Xbox with 100+ retail games and Modded Gamecube.

Thanks all,

Curious if there is a Canadian BST thread as well, if you have any gamecube games for sale, PM me!

MrFlooD

No there isn't one. The thread would be really small anyway

Sure it would be small, but the price of shipping to the USA kills any profit. Plus, I am sure a large number of us live in close proximity. Would give us the chance to B/S/T in person.

Sure it would be small, but the price of shipping to the USA kills any profit. Plus, I am sure a large number of us live in close proximity. Would give us the chance to B/S/T in person.

Redflagdeals forums are pretty good for in person meetings. Prefer GAF BST for mailed transactions. Honestly shipping ain't bad if people don't insist on a tracking number. Can usually ship a game to the states for under $7.

That said if someone's offering a decent price on a unique product - or new release game - I would suggest posting here. Especially if a Canadian gaffer is selling an e3 preorder at cost.

QaaQer

A glass half full kind of guy, I like it!

In all seriousness though, Shipping talk is the 100% worst thing about this thread. No one here can do anything to help you, and asking whether anyone else has received their copy doesn't solve anything either. It just ends up being the same conversation over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...

Waiting a few extra days just doesn't matter, folks. It really doesn't, especially considering most of the time you're waiting on games you got at an incredible discount. If waiting a few days matters that much to you, then just go to a store and pick up a copy to tide you over until yours comes.

Sorry for the rant, haha. It's just really the worst.

I drop in once in a while, but man, all the shipping talk is so boring. I remember in the last thread, someone suggested having a separate shipping thread in community, people seemed to hate that idea for some reason.

I wanted to try that free samples for Tylenol Back Pain: "This offer is not open to residents of Quebec as per provincial regulations". Tried for something similar with Advil, same kind of message. We are so different! Isn't that great...

c-murph

I wanted to try that free samples for Tylenol Back Pain: "This offer is not open to residents of Quebec as per provincial regulations". Tried for something similar with Advil, same kind of message. We are so different! Isn't that great...

It's like you guys are a different country or something.

theRizzle

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187123.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (theRizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare -- MB-4A115D60A92CCC8E - Taken by ohlawd. 1 entrants total.
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-41A7DC51B539B34B - Taken by CuthbertAllgoodz. 1 entrants total.

t1460601158z1.png

ohlawd

I think this is the first time I won something from a ModBot giveaway. too bad I was the only one who entered.

thanks, Rizzle.

Anyone think they will actually make The Witness a retail game? ...ever?

They were talking about potentially doing it after release, back in December. I think it'll happen at some point, just hard to say when. If I had to guess, I'd say maybe around fall. (I pulled that out of my ass, though, so don't take that as anything resembling fact.)

SickBoy

So, a couple of questions:

1) I know this gets asked every two or three months, and I guess it's my turn, but the thumbsticks on the Dual Shock that came with my PS4 are starting to peel. (They had a good run - two years and an amount of Rocket League I'm ashamed of). Seems like caps are the easiest solution, but wondering what the best option is. Looking for something that isn't crazy expensive and will either be available at retail or via Amazon (anything Prime-eligible, not a "marketplace" seller that will ship in six weeks)

2) My local Shoppers is a bad test bed, but has anyone bought any new release game stuff from there lately? Thinking of killing my EB preorder for Uncharted and using Optimum points instead, but my two nearest Shoppers -- one only sporadically gets electronics and the other is so bad at merchandising them I have no idea what they're actually stocking.

1) I know this gets asked every two or three months, and I guess it's my turn, but the thumbsticks on the Dual Shock that came with my PS4 are starting to peel. (They had a good run - two years and an amount of Rocket League I'm ashamed of). Seems like caps are the easiest solution, but wondering what the best option is. Looking for something that isn't crazy expensive and will either be available at retail or via Amazon (anything Prime-eligible, not a "marketplace" seller that will ship in six weeks)

2) My local Shoppers is a bad test bed, but has anyone bought any new release game stuff from there lately? Thinking of killing my EB preorder for Uncharted and using Optimum points instead, but my two nearest Shoppers -- one only sporadically gets electronics and the other is so bad at merchandising them I have no idea what they're actually stocking.

Yeah. Bought AC Syndicate a week after release and Forza Horizon 2 a month.

It's so random though. None of the feb or March releases were there (unless someone bought them already).

Firestorm

Unless it wasn't at a discount, might be safer to keep the pre-order and just tell them you don't want it while picking up if you get it at Shoppers. I'm probably gonna use Optimum Points for NX which I hope they stock.

Sora_N

Re 1. I swaoped mine with Xbone ones. They're way better and I used it for a year. You gotta take apart your controller though.

EB sells the caps if you wanna do that

Knacklover here, offering the expensive solution I'm using:

Play with your Xbox Elite Controller on the PS4!

I use a CronusMax to use my Xbox One controller on the PS4, only problem is that the set-up is not simple for best experience: Wired in, requires an USB hub to plug in both PS4 and Xbox One controller to bypass Sony security, have to map the 'select' button to the touchPad, and it is not a touchPad so no left or right by default. But I can play with the paddles and the great thumbstick, I love it!

Kyolux

I'd like to know this too. While playing Dark Souls 3, I noticed my DS4's thumbsticks are peeling too. So caps are an option?

Knacklover here, offering the expensive solution I'm using:

Play with your Xbox Elite Controller on the PS4!

I use a CronusMax to use my Xbox One controller on the PS4, only problem is that the set-up is not simple for best experience: Wired in, requires an USB hub to plug in both PS4 and Xbox One controller to bypass Sony security, have to map the 'select' button to the touchPad, and it is not a touchPad so no left or right by default. But I can play with the paddles and the great thumbstick, I love it!

I don't have/want an Xbox One controller.

Edit:
Sorta tempted, it would look nice right next to my unopened, unused Bloodborne guide.

It's not really as nice as the others. The notebook with the dark sign on it is neat but won't be using it so kind of a waste lol.

Okay, this is something I want to hop on...

I knew I forgot something last night.

i-Jest

Best Buy actually followed through with its promise

yIymS2P.png

Well I'll be damned

I WISH I was able to reorder my CE in time to take advantage of discount.

DEAL

Dark Souls 3 Collector's Edition Guide, 29.69$

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/0744017041/

(Not sure how to make the deal thing in red)

Sorta tempted, it would look nice right next to my unopened, unused Bloodborne guide.

DEAL-ish

Forgive me if it's already been posted, but Dark Souls III's season pass is 24.99 on Canadian PSN, the same price as in the US. This means buying the regular game + season pass is cheaper than buying the Deluxe Edition with the same content. Xbox price is 30, so it surely will get adjusted soon. I just jumped on that, personally

Okay, this is something I want to hop on...

diaspora

Luckily Atlus has an eShop sale like every three weeks. They're one of the only publishers that you can 100% count on to eventually get a good deal on.

True enough. I won't mind $65 if they throw in an art book/ guide like SMT4's hard copy at launch but if it's just the game I'll wait for a price drop.

khaaan

True enough. I won't mind $65 if they throw in an art book/ guide like SMT4's hard copy at launch but if it's just the game I'll wait for a price drop.

If it's anything like SMT4 then the artbook/guide edition of the game will be easily available well after price drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom