• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'll give that a try. Probably I should disassemble my controllers first? I think there's a chance maybe the XB1 RB could be broken (although no obvious way to tell) but the analog stick thing...no idea if that's solvable.

Be extra careful when opening the PS4 controller, as it is quite easy to lose some of the springs for the R2/L2 triggers (speaking from experience)

RIP R2 spring :(

bryt

If my package has been rescheduled for delivery on the next business day since Tuesday do you guys think that my package is sitting at the post office and I can just go pick it up there?

Kalren

For those who missed out, Amazon.ca has the Playstation VR bundle available for preorder again

Amazon.ca

Also, if anyone wants a copy of Ratchet and Clank for the PS4, I ordered 1 too many and would like to see it at my cost($26.02) plus whatever it costs to ship it to you. Send me a PM.

This is an unopened copy and you'd also get the dlc code as well. I'd rather give a Gaffer a copy before trying Kijiji.

Currently working out details with someone

Don't think this was known but it looks like we may be getting a steelbook for No Man's Sky at Bestbuy.

2R2BPZc.png

Bestbuy has since deleted the tweet. When the link was working it just took you to the landing page for NMS with no mention of a steelbook.

Anth0ny

For those who missed out, Amazon.ca has the Playstation VR bundle available for preorder again

Amazon.ca

lol VR hype feels so dead now that it's actually out

as expected

I'm sure in a year or two there will be some cool stuff on there. but as an early adopter it sounds boring as fuck, and expensive too!

I think this is worth mentioning as it is a good deal, videogamesplus.ca has restocked some rare DS game:

VideoGamesPlus is doing final reprints of a bunch of rare DS games, and today they announced new copies of Infinite Space are up for reservation. The NTSC version of the game routinely goes for over $100 on ebay right now. They're selling it for about $40 US, with free shipping.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/infinite-space-p-15681.html

Free shipping for order over 40$ right now, and I think only 5% tax to pay for people outside of BC (only had 5% tax in QC).

Riptwo

Okay, I'll give that a try. Probably I should disassemble my controllers first? I think there's a chance maybe the XB1 RB could be broken (although no obvious way to tell) but the analog stick thing...no idea if that's solvable.
Oh, sorry, my reading comprehension is a bit off today. Missed that it was a DS4 *and* an Xbox One controller! I haven't taken apart an Xbox One controller, so I can't comment too much on replacing the shoulder buttons, but you could check out this video and see if you're comfortable getting in there and seeing what's wrong.

For the DS4 left analog stick, things are a bit trickier and might require soldering. If you're comfortable with that, this ifixit tutorial should put you on the right path.

Really? did you check your junk mail? I got my code a couple days ago.

I pre-ordered pretty late so maybe it hasn't been sent yet. I'll wait a couple more days and then email them.

BB did a good job by boxing the CE. Somehow I think Amazon would've stuffed it in a bubble mailer.

I noticed this week that amazon ca has some new 3ds games up for preorder: Disney Art Academy and Kirby Planet Robobot. Art Academy's only $39.99 too, which is not too bad considering Pokemon Art Academy was $34.99 during happier pricing times.

Dot-N-Run

I had some BestBuy Reward Zone credit expiring soon, so I decided to buy Bravely Second in person instead of online. The cashier rang it up with a $5 off before the coupons. Was there some sort of promotion that I missed?

With $15 worth of coupons it came out to $35 with tax. Seems pretty good to me considering the current prices.

farisr

lol VR hype feels so dead now that it's actually out

as expected

I'm sure in a year or two there will be some cool stuff on there. but as an early adopter it sounds boring as fuck, and expensive too!
This is the main reason why there's no VR hype at the moment despite a couple of VR headsets having been released. Not enough people have a VR capable PC, and the shipping problems for the headsets are not helping either.

PSVR has a chance at turning it around completely though (and was always the one to look out for in terms of generating hype/word of mouth). Lower cost of entry, timely shipments (hopefully) and launching 6 months after the competition (allowing the library to build) could be just the right mix.

But yeah, as it is with all hardware launches, most people are better off waiting a year or two so there is a lot more compelling content readily available.

BadWolf

This is the main reason why there's no VR hype at the moment despite a couple of VR headsets having been released. Not enough people have a VR capable PC, and the shipping problems for the headsets are not helping either.

PSVR has a chance at turning it around completely though (and was always the one to look out for in terms of generating hype/word of mouth). Lower cost of entry, timely shipments (hopefully) and launching 6 months after the competition (allowing the library to build) could be just the right mix.

But yeah, as it is with all hardware launches, most people are better off waiting a year or two so there is a lot more compelling content readily available.

Yup, if VR is going to take off in the near future then PSVR has the best chance.

SickBoy

What / where did you get? I didn't actually see any replies to you regarding this and I was wondering about it too.

The ones they sell at EB. They feel weird, but they do the trick. I don't have much frame of reference for comparison... only that I'd prefer to use a controller without them (but for torn thumbsticks, a good solution).

I actually have a bunch of other controllers to use, but I'm not sure if it's better to keep using my well worn controller as my primary one or switch it up. Guess I'll see how I adapt.

Firestorm

Speaking of controller talk I have a sealed XB1 controller if anyone has a PS4 controller to trade... With remote play I could use another PS4 controller. Shouldn't have given that coupon from the price mistake to a friend after all =[

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Does anyone still have those 30% off Star Fox Zero codes? I'd love one if anyone still has.

justinluey

Neo Member
I think it's common for BB to show stuff as out of stock and not always ship it on time. I've never had or heard of anyone who has had BB not ship out their preorder eventually.

I just got the shipping notice now. I started pre-ordering with Best Buy two years ago during the E3 sale, and most items arrived on the release day here in Ontario, but all my 2016 releases have been late. Amazon has always been all over the place for me.

zroid

Banned
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Star Fox Zero 30% off code. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187123.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Star Fox Zero 30% off Bestbuy.ca -- MB-0BE856D401B2E259

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Star Fox Zero 30% off code. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187123.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (zroid, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Star Fox Zero 30% off Bestbuy.ca -- MB-0BE856D401B2E259

oh my god

someone is actually using modbot outside of the steam thread

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
yeah, its pretty awesome. I just wish more people would use it, especially in the Free stuff thread.
I don't care if the poster can't be bothered using it. If they don't care who gets it then neither should anyone else.

I usually give my stuff away in the Toronto thread because I like them more than you shipping talk people. :p

SickBoy

Man, I like Starfox and all (don't love it, but it's enjoyable), and I'm interested in Starfox Guard... but I just can't bring myself to pay even $53 for it. What is this strange "restraint" I'm feeling???? :)

Luigi87

I'm looking forward to StarFox Zero, but the OT must live up to SF643D's which didn't have one, not two, but three OTs go up (albeit one was Stafox) when it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom