• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

stn

Anyone know what this weeks deals are gonna be? Even $10 off MLB: The Show 2016 would be great. Thanks.

iiicon

I'll balk at any $65 handheld game... unless it's SMT or Persona. Damn that Atlus tax.

Does it come with any physical goodies?

Gitaroo

Anyone know if its safe to buy the quantom break code from bst board? I want to know if US code works with Canadian account.

diaspora

I'll balk at any $65 handheld game... unless it's SMT or Persona. Damn that Atlus tax.

Does it come with any physical goodies?
I didn't see it as a part of the announcement but it fucking better. SMT4 was a good-ass JRPG, I put over 90 hours in the neutral path alone.

DJ_Lae

The only game I would pay the full, inflated price for is Persona 5.

Granted, I did pay $100 for DOAX3 recently, which is the first MSRP+ price I've paid in a very long time.

I'm still set from last year's E3 deals and I still have more games than I can adequately play - I don't know when I'll cut open Dark Souls 3, for example.

iiicon

The only game I would pay the full, inflated price for is Persona 5.

Granted, I did pay $100 for DOAX3 recently, which is the first MSRP+ price I've paid in a very long time.

I'm still set from last year's E3 deals and I still have more games than I can adequately play - I don't know when I'll cut open Dark Souls 3, for example.

Yup, E3 discounts are a godsend, and thankfully there are enough pre-order deals throughout the year to cover the handful of unofficially announced games that show up in between. I didn't look at the SMTIV: A release date, but presumably it'll come out after E3.

kennah

So, I got the Pokemon XY starter kit (Thanks for the recommendation GAF).

Now... now what do I do? We've played it a bunch of times, and he's still super happy with it, but Now the card collector in me is eyeing boosters and decks, and what not. Is there a recommended path (if we're going to be very casual playing with a 6 year old), or do I just pick up stuff that looks interesting and toss it all into a deck and have fun.

Luigi87

Oh, I guess Amazon really has changed how they'll ship orders from now on...
I noticed on my Star Fox Zero order it says "Will ship 25 Apr" just like my DkS3 order mentions "Will ship 15 Apr".

suikodan

Out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to get DOAX3? Did you use normal shipping?

Still waiting after mine. It's taking quite its time to be honest.

Clive

It's only coming out on PS4 (at least over here?) right?

That's probably reason enough for them to "justify" it.

Atlus is one of those publishers who still release games for the PS3 so I would expect Persona 5 to hit both of Sony's two latest home consoles. At least if the game gets a release date within the next couple of years.

They are releasing Odin Sphere for the PS3 in June after all and they worked longer than most publishers on the PSP and DS.

DJ_Lae

Out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to get DOAX3? Did you use normal shipping?

Still waiting after mine. It's taking quite its time to be honest.

I ordered mine through Videogamesplus and it took about a week once they'd shipped it - I got my copy last week, I think.

bryt

Even though I have my E3 PS3 Persona 5, I'm going all out for Persona 5. If they have a special edition PS4 and a collector's edition I'm buying it all. I don't care how much it costs lol.

Firestorm

So, I got the Pokemon XY starter kit (Thanks for the recommendation GAF).

Now... now what do I do? We've played it a bunch of times, and he's still super happy with it, but Now the card collector in me is eyeing boosters and decks, and what not. Is there a recommended path (if we're going to be very casual playing with a 6 year old), or do I just pick up stuff that looks interesting and toss it all into a deck and have fun.
Dang I could have recommended you some stores for when you were in Vancouver! I personally think boosters are kind of a waste. If you're just casually playing together pick up what looks interesting. I'd say you could look at tournaments since the Junior Division is 10 and under but Winnipeg doesn't have much of a scene to get points and travel stipends and such :( Everything is centred around the Vancouver area, Edmonton (and lesser extent Calgary), Southern Ontario, and maybe Montreal but haven't heard much out of there.

Why did I buy 3 brand new Xbox One controllers I don't need?

Get a CronusMax to justify them! "Well I can use them on any console now, I need multiple!"

I really dislike that they have so many cool new Xbox One Controller after the Elite one...I can't justify buying any since I have the 200$ one...

SickBoy

Thanks to everyone for the input about the thumbsticks. I grabbed some covers for them today and wow, they're so weird.

Unless it wasn't at a discount, might be safer to keep the pre-order and just tell them you don't want it while picking up if you get it at Shoppers. I'm probably gonna use Optimum Points for NX which I hope they stock.

Yeah, it wasn't a deal, so I guess I can do whatever :). It'll be the one game I didn't buy for cheap.

I was thinking about keeping my points for NX, but I've got them maxed out right now and I feel like I get better targeted promos when I'm not sitting at the top level. :) I also don't have a lot of faith that my local stores will reliably carry NX... and if I want it on launch day I'm probably better off preordering it.

Which ones did you get?

Get a CronusMax to justify them! "Well I can use them on any console now, I need multiple!"

I really dislike that they have so many cool new Xbox One Controller after the Elite one...I can't justify buying any since I have the 200$ one...

In the last month, I purchased another Lunar White (got one on sale before, too), plus the Dusk Shadow and Copper Shadow controllers they just came out with. I think it's a vice and OCD thing that I've developed to help me cope in some fucked up way.

I actually just took the Lunar back today, though.

My RnC still hasn't shipped. Giving it until the end of the day then I'm cancelling, fuck em. I'd rather wait for a price drop than give Amazon my money at this point.

They really used to be so good with shipping as well. I'm 45 mins away from the warehouse and I would sometimes even get items a day before release, and items would always ship on time but now with prime the service has gone to shit.

They better not fuck up my Uncharted 4 which I've had pre-ordered since the moment it went live years ago.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Atlus is one of those publishers who still release games for the PS3 so I would expect Persona 5 to hit both of Sony's two latest home consoles. At least if the game gets a release date within the next couple of years.

They are releasing Odin Sphere for the PS3 in June after all and they worked longer than most publishers on the PSP and DS.
Even if Atlus does release it here it doesn't mean BB will carry it. They may not think it's worth carrying new PS3 games by then and cancel all the preorders and offer a token deal on the PS4 version.

I'm such a ray of sunshine. :)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Even if Atlus does release it here it doesn't mean BB will carry it. They may not think it's worth carrying new PS3 games by then and cancel all the preorders and offer a token deal on the PS4 version.

I'm such a ray of sunshine. :)

BB is carrying Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, BB will carry Persona 5.

MikeyMike

My RnC still hasn't shipped. Giving it until the end of the day then I'm cancelling, fuck em. I'd rather wait for a price drop than give Amazon my money at this point.

They really used to be so good with shipping as well. I'm 45 mins away from the warehouse and I would sometimes even get items a day before release, and items would always ship on time but now with prime the service has gone to shit.

They better not fuck up my Uncharted 4 which I've had pre-ordered since the moment it went live years ago.

Yep, the push for Prime really made their standard free shipping one of the worst options out there. My RnC copy shipped earlier today but sometimes it takes over a week to get my stuff shipped.

Still, 28$ is a nice bargain.

I'm on day 3-4 of "preparing to ship" lol. Don't worry, I know it's frustrating but those discounts are pretty decent.

Oh wait it's "shipping now"! Just in time to miss delivery Friday and make me wait until Monday haha. Thank goodness for nba playoffs.

zroid

Banned
BB stll hasn't charged me for my Bravely Second CE

Guess I won't be getting it till next week :(

I actually want the art book more than the game lol >_>

kennah

Dang I could have recommended you some stores for when you were in Vancouver! I personally think boosters are kind of a waste. If you're just casually playing together pick up what looks interesting. I'd say you could look at tournaments since the Junior Division is 10 and under but Winnipeg doesn't have much of a scene to get points and travel stipends and such :( Everything is centred around the Vancouver area, Edmonton (and lesser extent Calgary), Southern Ontario, and maybe Montreal but haven't heard much out of there.

Aww that would've been cool. I should've asked earlier, ah well. Got a few years yet before I need to worry about tournaments and such, lol. And I'm sure there'll be even less when we move to Quebec next year.

kaiyo

Yep, the push for Prime really made their standard free shipping one of the worst options out there. My RnC copy shipped earlier today but sometimes it takes over a week to get my stuff shipped.

Still, 28$ is a nice bargain.

Well I got the game on release date, I was surprised, previously got games a week later.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

When I first started getting hit with the forcefully delayed free shipping I would dial up a CSR and they'd ship it the next day. But it's just too much hassle now and I'm tired of them acting like the fake delay isn't real. "Why does it say instock online, but my copy is a week late?" No clear answer ever. I'm in Toronto, so 90% of my shipments come from 30 minutes away in Mississauga.

I should note, Best Buy usually gets me my Nintendo stuff on Monday because they ship it too late on Friday. But that's better than Amazon's week plus. Fuck Amazon. I use to support them so much. :(

Same. Checked my order and now it says out of stock.

Mine as well. Is that normal? I don't recall other bb orders saying that even when they did eventually sell out. I don't see how we'd miss allocation - I saw it go in stock several times in this thread ages after my order was placed.

frequency

I think it's common for BB to show stuff as out of stock and not always ship it on time. I've never had or heard of anyone who has had BB not ship out their preorder eventually.

Any idea what the best way to go about getting controller fixes is? Or is ebay DIY parts the only path?

I have an XB1 controller where R1 just failed naturally without virtually any use, and a PS4 controller where up-right on the left stick is just dead. Sony/MS warranty obviously long gone.

Any idea what the best way to go about getting controller fixes is? Or is ebay DIY parts the only path?

I have an XB1 controller where R1 just failed naturally without virtually any use, and a PS4 controller where up-right on the left stick is just dead. Sony/MS warranty obviously long gone.

Ebay DIY is probably the cheapest way, unless you have a local game store with skilled individuals there that could fix them for a small fee. Otherwise it will cost you 20$ just in shipping to someone that can repair them.

Riptwo

I've been stockpiling eBay DS4 parts for when the triggers/shoulder buttons fail on my controllers (or my friends' controllers). You can get springs/buttons for practically nothing, and they'll often have free shipping too. You can often get a pack of parts for $2-5, so fixes are pretty cheap. The trickiest part is getting the actual DS4 apart, but if you have a plastic spudger, it shouldn't be too bad.

Okay, I'll give that a try. Probably I should disassemble my controllers first? I think there's a chance maybe the XB1 RB could be broken (although no obvious way to tell) but the analog stick thing...no idea if that's solvable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom