• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I don't care if the poster can't be bothered using it. If they don't care who gets it then neither should anyone else.

I usually give my stuff away in the Toronto thread because I like them more than you shipping talk people. :p

wow rude

vancouver thread died when tabris was banned and we couldn't argue with him anymore

Sora_N

Man, I like Starfox and all (don't love it, but it's enjoyable), and I'm interested in Starfox Guard... but I just can't bring myself to pay even $53 for it. What is this strange "restraint" I'm feeling???? :)

Sell SF0 and you'd have a cheap Project Guard?

farisr

Just preordered PSVR and accessories on Amazon for $800 fucking dollars.

800 dollars.

What the hell am I doing?

mc7ctyn3qko4w.jpeg

800 dollars.

You can't cancel a pre-order of something if you haven't pre-ordered it yet. You're just laying the groundwork for deciding to spend your money on something else in a few months if it all looks like crap.

At least, this is what I tell myself every time I see my PSVR and Rift orders that I still haven't decided to cancel.

:(

Gxgear

Dark Souls 3 and R&C in the mailbox today from Amazon. I can definitely live with the 3 days delay given the discounts.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Dark Souls 3 and R&C in the mailbox today from Amazon. I can definitely live with the 3 days delay given the discounts.

That must be pretty exciting eh. What're you planning to play first?

I got Ratchet & Clank and Transformers Devastation ($30 @ Best Buy) this week so I'll be going through those.

What's everyone else playing this weekend?

Gxgear

I got Ratchet & Clank and Transformers Devastation ($30 @ Best Buy) this week so I'll be going through those.

Going to platinum DS2: SoFS first I think then R&C. I'm going to let the DS3 community figure out all the secrets before I touch it :p

Luigi87

Well my DkS3 Amazon order said "Will ship April 15"
The CSR said on Tuesday they would prepare it for shipping.

April 15 is almost over and it still hasn't shipped. Tomorrow I contact them =D

Sora_N

Studying or playing Ratchet HD 2, DOAX3 or OoT.

Tapejara

Same thing I play every weekend: CS:GO and Spelunky lol.

Maybe I'll start Ratchet or try to make more progress in my Dark Souls 1 playthrough. Capra Demon totally halted my progress.

Luigi87

Dark Souls 3 with my friend (we voice chat and progress at the same time in all these games, but we don't actually co-op, lol)

And that's basically it for gaming... I've got a cosplay I need to work on.

bryt

Amazon is seriously the best. Canada Post lost my package for Dark Souls 3 and I contacted Amazon chat and they gave me a replacement order for free.

Shoeless

800 dollars.

Sounds like you went in big with the camera and Move bundle, so I'm curious as to what other accessories you think you'll be needing.

I got the headset only bundle at the end of March, since I already had the other stuff. Just counting down the months now...

Killer instinct season 3
Quantum Break
Puyo Puyo Tetris (finally arrived)

And NBA playoffs.

BTails

Backlog catch up: Order 1886 on PS4, D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die on Xbone. Plus I'll probably play some more ESWAT on Sega Genesis as it's the game of the month in that thread.

Oh, and my wife surprised me after a stressful work week with the Back to the Future Level Pack for Lego Dimensions, so I'll probably go through that too.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
thanks. I'll remember for next time. Amazon doesn't actually have the thing I want tho
What you looking for? HMV has a good selection of Funimation stuff. The CNL is more expensive than Amazon but they have almost everything.

Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault, thanks to a Best Buy 20% off pre-order sale.

Gonna attempt to get further into Majora's Mask 3DS. Playing it on a N3DS XL is such a joy compared to a regular 3DS.

I'll also try to get in some Ratchet and Clank for the PS4 this weekend as well. I found a copy of the original for the PS2 at a thrift store yesterday, so i'll boot that up and see how that plays as well.

Gonna attempt to get further into Majora's Mask 3DS. Playing it on a N3DS XL is such a joy compared to a regular 3DS.

I'll also try to get in some Ratchet and Clank for the PS4 this weekend as well. I found a copy of the original for the PS2 at a thrift store yesterday, so i'll boot that up and see how that plays as well.

Now that I've purchased another N3DS to keep perfect, out of OCD stupidity, I look forward to playing through all of Majora's Mask and taking it with me if I go out. I got it with my N3DSXL, through work, but didn't get playing a ton of it. I'll need to restart it.

I rented it a couple of times as a kid, but never beat it.

Xenoflare

Now that I've purchased another N3DS to keep perfect, out of OCD stupidity, I look forward to playing through all of Majora's Mask and taking it with me if I go out. I got it with my N3DSXL, through work, but didn't get playing a ton of it. I'll need to restart it.

I rented it a couple of times as a kid, but never beat it.

I honestly think it's the first few imperfections that drives me nuts

My current NXL had a dead pixel on the bottom screen that pops up in loading screen.

Now the edges of the bottom plate is start to have it's finish to peel off and I cannot be bothered by anything anymore.

MarkusRJR

A bit off topic, but you guys typically give good purchase advice. Does anyone know if Skylake i5/i7 processors (more specifically the integrated graphics) are still buggy as fuck? Bought a Dell laptop late last month and the display drivers kept crashing constantly (leading to occasional BSOD and crashing programs). Not sure if it was the i5's integrated graphics or just the Dell specific drivers.

I need a laptop for school and I want to start learning to program now if possible but my current laptop is basically an old netbook. Plus, our dollar is trash and probably isn't going to be better when I have school this fall (if anything 2016 models wil have higher prices vs this years). I've been looking at getting a high end Acer (which I can get for a good deal) but from reading about Surface Pro 4/Book owners and my previous Dell experience I'm worried I'll have display driver issues (since they might be related to Intel Skylake chips).

Does anyone in this thread own a recent laptop with Skylake processors? If so, does it have issues at all or am I just being super worried for no reason?

800 dollars.

Living the dream. I'm jealous, our dollar is too shit for me to afford that.

Quantum Break and Dark Souls 1. Got both for my birthday and I'm loving both. Super LTTP but Dark Souls is amazing (yet really difficult). Bloodborne feels so much easier tbh, maybe due to how you get health lost health back for attacking.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Thanks again for those Star Fox Zero 30% off codes. I ordered another copy for a friend who was gonna buy it anyway so might as well save some money on it.

I had no interest in the game until my friend reminded me Platinum is developing it and to be fair it has gotten a lot of polish in recent months.

Sora_N

A bit off topic, but you guys typically give good purchase advice. Does anyone know if Skylake i5/i7 processors (more specifically the integrated graphics) are still buggy as fuck? Bought a Dell laptop late last month and the display drivers kept crashing constantly (leading to occasional BSOD and crashing programs). Not sure if it was the i5's integrated graphics or just the Dell specific drivers.

I need a laptop for school and I want to start learning to program now if possible but my current laptop is basically an old netbook. Plus, our dollar is trash and probably isn't going to be better when I have school this fall (if anything 2016 models wil have higher prices vs this years). I've been looking at getting a high end Acer (which I can get for a good deal) but from reading about Surface Pro 4/Book owners and my previous Dell experience I'm worried I'll have display driver issues (since they might be related to Intel Skylake chips).

Does anyone in this thread own a recent laptop with Skylake processors? If so, does it have issues at all or am I just being super worried for no reason?

Living the dream. I'm jealous, our dollar is too shit for me to afford that.

Quantum Break and Dark Souls 1. Got both for my birthday and I'm loving both. Super LTTP but Dark Souls is amazing (yet really difficult). Bloodborne feels so much easier tbh, maybe due to how you get health lost health back for attacking.

I always get graphics errors from my browser. :/

Hey everyone,
I have an extra copy of Dark Souls III Day One Edition for Xbox One if anyone is interested. It is from the Collector's Edition, but has the dust cover, original case, and includes a code for Dark Souls 1.

It's technically not brand new, it came unsealed with the CE box, and I popped it in just to make sure it worked, but everything is in top-notch condition, essentially new, and I was asking $60.

Also, I live in Vancouver BC, but am cool with mailing it out if needed.

Yeah...
Shipping/duties aside, I honestly don't get how they charge tax to Canadians (I've seen this once before).

That's rough man. Hope you get it soon. The good news is, It's worth the wait. Finished it today. One of the best games I've ever played. The true sequel to Dark Souls I've been waiting for since DS1.

Sora_N

Amazon threatened to close my account, saying I returned too much.

It's not my fault they damage my stuff or send me damaged stuff. Anyone ever respond to that?

If I didn't have a lot of games I still want on preorder I would just let them close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom