• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinluey

Neo Member
Does cancelling not work on things coming out soon at Amazon? I tried to cancel my order of Star Fox on Friday and it said an error occurred and try again in a few minutes. After trying a few times I gave up. Today I try again and it's giving the same error.

I've had that problem for months. I've even had things ship that I called in to cancel.

I'm looking for a borderlands 2 vita bundle new from a store. I've checked a ton of walmarts in the GTA with no luck. Does anyone knows of ANY store that still has a bundle?

Not that it's a big deal, but I think Amazon lied to me this morning. I'd asked them to group shipments to save money, but it didn't matter because I qualified for free shipping with the total from the 3 colouring books.

One shipped by itself, which surprised me, and it did so late last week. I was surprised the other one (the third is a pre-order) hadn't yet, so I contacted them out of curiosity. As I did, it updated to say it was shipping today, and I got an email late this afternoon.

The Amazon CSR said they shipped separately, but should arrive on the same day, which seems incorrect. The first one shipped from Mississauga, and should be here tomorrow it says. The other shipped today, from Burnaby, and should be here by the 28th.

Both say Canada Post, although the closer one's tracking number doesn't work. I hope they won't wedge the books into the mail boxes, because Canada Post hardly ever attempts actual delivery here. My controllers just get put in the damned community mail box.

jred2k

I cancelled an old Futureshop order just now and was asked for the customer service number for my credit card's bank. This is the first time I've had to do that and when I brought this up to the rep, they told me this was a new policy.

Has this ever happened to you guys and should I be concerned?

There isn't any reason to be concerned. The main purpose is to try and ensure that you actually have the card in your hand when making changes like that to an order. They just Google the number to make sure it matches with the bank you say. It's been that way since at least last August. If you haven't been asked for it before for similar situations, it's because that agent wasn't doing their job properly.

I cancelled an old Futureshop order just now and was asked for the customer service number for my credit card's bank. This is the first time I've had to do that and when I brought this up to the rep, they told me this was a new policy.

Has this ever happened to you guys and should I be concerned?

Yeah, I had to update the cc info on a FS order and they asked me for the same information.

Ok. I'm an idiot.
I completely forgot/didn't think I ordered Dark Souls 3 during E3 promo's. Ended up buying non-Day 1 edition from EB Games with trade in promo. A week later, Amazon version ships, Day 1 edition, so I guess I'm stuck with it. I have no use for two PS4 Dark Souls 3's. Figure I can probably sell this day one edition for $60 sealed right now and make $10, but is anyone here interested in maybe trading me for the new Ratchet and Clank? I would prefer sealed, but so long as you've kept it in good shape, we're fine. I was going to post in B/S/T, but just seeing if any Canada GAF (Sask is even easier) might be interested in trading. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Sora_N

Ok. I'm an idiot.
I completely forgot/didn't think I ordered Dark Souls 3 during E3 promo's. Ended up buying non-Day 1 edition from EB Games with trade in promo. A week later, Amazon version ships, Day 1 edition, so I guess I'm stuck with it. I have no use for two PS4 Dark Souls 3's. Figure I can probably sell this day one edition for $60 sealed right now and make $10, but is anyone here interested in maybe trading me for the new Ratchet and Clank? I would prefer sealed, but so long as you've kept it in good shape, we're fine. I was going to post in B/S/T, but just seeing if any Canada GAF (Sask is even easier) might be interested in trading. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

That's why I'm sort of glad Best Buy sends perodic emails. Amazon doesn't. I don't really make a spreadsheet of my orders because of laziness.

23qwerty

Ok. I'm an idiot.

You can't return the amazon copy to EB? Or cause of the trade in promo you cant?

Anth0ny

Ok. I'm an idiot.

this is why having excel documents of what you have pre-ordered is key

or else i'd completely lose track of the shit i've had pre-ordered since e3 2013

You can't return the amazon copy to EB? Or cause of the trade in promo you cant?

Bingo.

or else i'd completely lose track of the shit i've had pre-ordered since e3 2013

This and UC 4 were the only Pre-orders that I still have hanging (EDIT: Just double checked and apparently I've still got Zelda U and Recore coming...I don't even own a XB1, lol). I swear I made a conscious decision to not pre-order DS3 because of my self described "Souls fatigue", but I must have had a change of heart at some point.

Anyway, no takers?

Mossbender

Neo Member

I really need to do this. I had two copies of Ratchet and Clank show up last week and three copies of Twilight Princess HD a couple months ago.

Sylwest

I wonder if these will have special/collector editions. Wait for me, E3 preorders, wait for me you delicious deals.

On their facebook page, XSeed confirmed that Trails of Cold Steel II will only have a standard edition. I was hoping for a limited edition too.

theRizzle

Just some leftover keys from bundles... ENJOY!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187123.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (theRizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Contagion -- MB-446A5C8C42748B2F
Septerra Core -- MB-15D2EFBF29EB4D4B - Taken by doctorcdcs. 1 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse Prime -- MB-2D576FCA997D02B1 - Taken by baconcow. 2 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-45070C198F0C3EA4
Zeno Clash -- MB-A82C3523F119BFCC - Taken by frequency. 1 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-653EF78622308CAB - Taken by iiicon. 2 entrants total.

t1461093364z1.png

explodet

Did my first Amazon return. Took them a week to ship Dark Souls 3, and that's not a title I wanted to wait for. Thankfully didn't have to pay a cent for shipping.
Got a Day 1 at Best Buy instead at launch, no discount or nothin'. They even threw in a steelbook (whoopdee doo).

lmao

joke. I know some basic shit you could do with it. really basic though
Don't they teach spreadsheets in high school? That's where I learned, and that was in the 2800 baud modem days.

Man, thinking back on it, I took a typing class on an actual typewriter back in grade 9, and by grade 12 was learning word processors and spreadsheets. What a time to be alive.

kennah

Did my first Amazon return. Took them a week to ship Dark Souls 3, and that's not a title I wanted to wait for. Thankfully didn't have to pay a cent for shipping.
Got a Day 1 at Best Buy instead at launch, no discount or nothin'. They even threw in a steelbook (whoopdee doo).

Don't they teach spreadsheets in high school? That's where I learned, and that was in the 2800 baud modem days.

Man, thinking back on it, I took a typing class on an actual typewriter back in grade 9, and by grade 12 was learning word processors and spreadsheets. What a time to be alive.
We are the same age.

Sylwest

ANYONE WITH A PERSONA 5 2014 PREORDER BETTER CHECK IT.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DonaldMick/status/722465500777697280

I don't even recall getting an email about a cancellation.

Mine says the shipment is cancelled too. That's really irritating since they don't provide any notification or explanation as to why it has been cancelled. I still have an email from April 10 from BB indicating that the order is "awaiting the release date".

Edit: My bad, I was looking at the item beneath it (which was something I had cancelled a while back). Looks like my Persona 5 (PS3) order is okay. For now.

Ondore

I did email BB, and this is what they sent back:
Best Buy said:
Our documentation shows that Persona 5 (PlayStation 3) did not pass our order verification process and was cancelled. This generally occurs when the information entered in the Bill To area of your order does not match what your credit card provider has on file for that account.

And I updated everything a year ago when I moved, the address change went through on all ends, and... they still drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom