• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

theRizzle

Just some leftover keys from bundles... ENJOY!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187123.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (theRizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Contagion -- MB-446A5C8C42748B2F
Septerra Core -- MB-15D2EFBF29EB4D4B - Taken by doctorcdcs. 1 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse Prime -- MB-2D576FCA997D02B1 - Taken by baconcow. 2 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-45070C198F0C3EA4
Zeno Clash -- MB-A82C3523F119BFCC - Taken by frequency. 1 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-653EF78622308CAB - Taken by iiicon. 2 entrants total.

t1461093364z1.png

Repost for new page... ~20 minutes left

Gravidee

Those of you interested in FMA should consider this deal. Funimation's rights to Brotherhood have already expired and I believe the ones for the classic series will expire by this summer.

Aniplex has said that they don't plan to re-release this series again in the near future. FMA's time in North America is counting down.

krae_man

Just found out the $200 Mirror's Edge collectors edition I have preordered doesn't come with the game. Lol no thanks.

Huh?

The full Mirror's Edge Catalyst Collector's Edition includes:

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Base Game
Mirror's Edge Catalyst Collector's Edition
Adult Faith/Young Faith diorama (14" Tall)
Exclusive Steel book
Exclusive lithograph
Set of 10 concept pieces
Temporary logo tattoo-
Temporary Faith arm tattoo
Storage box

There are platform specific versions of it. What reason for that is there other then the game comes with it?

Not sure but I just saw on the EB website that the game is separate. So basically if I wanted the game AND collectors edition it'd be around $300.

c16279a752ec53ce4b8c253edcaa766b.png

I think this is correct. Amazon.ca lists the collector's edition at $289.99, while EBGames shows $210. Also, on the EBGames listing, it says the game is separate, but also that it MUST be purchased with a copy of the game. $210 for the collector's edition stuff + $79.99 for the game = $289.99.

I'm guessing an EBGames glitch allowed you to order the collector's edition goodies without the game itself when you weren't supposed to be able to do that.

Elitist1945

I think this is correct. Amazon.ca lists the collector's edition at $289.99, while EBGames shows $210. Also, on the EBGames listing, it says the game is separate, but also that it MUST be purchased with a copy of the game. $210 for the collector's edition stuff + $79.99 for the game = $289.99.

I'm guessing an EBGames glitch allowed you to order the collector's edition goodies without the game itself when you weren't supposed to be able to do that.

I ordered it in store and it definitely didn't come out to $289.99 or else I wouldn't have ordered it. Next time I'm at the store I'll downgrade to the regular edition. They probably just made a mistake.

Anth0ny

was finally forced to change my credit card info for my 2013 future shop orders LOL

it was a very simple process, 5 minute call. best buy customer service is real good

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I've never watched anime besides Pokemon and YuGiOh when I was younger. Should I pick up FMA @ ~$23?

krae_man

Edit so okay, In Canada the collectors edition is "cheaper" then the us but doesn't come with the game? And the of both is significantly higher then the US version which comes with the game?

LOL

I ordered it in store and it definitely didn't come out to $289.99 or else I wouldn't have ordered it.

Oh. Store clerk error, then. They were probably supposed to force you to buy a copy of the game and either didn't realize or forgot. It kiiiiiiiiiind of makes sense for them to split the collector's edition up this way, since the goodies are platform-agnostic and the game is not, but it also makes it easy to screw up this way I guess.

Elitist1945

Oh. Store clerk error, then. They were probably supposed to force you to buy a copy of the game and either didn't realize or forgot. It kiiiiiiiiiind of makes sense for them to split the collector's edition up this way, since the goodies are platform-agnostic and the game is not, but it also makes it easy to screw up this way I guess.

Yeah, oh well. Good thing I caught it now or else that would've been awkward launch day.

Ventara

So I got Bravely Second LE from BB yesterday and was pleasantly surprised that they sent it in a good box. Came in mint condition. Amazon on the other hand hasn't shipped yet, and still hasn't updated their price from $109.99, so I cancelled it.

The artbook in the LE is really nice, though I wish they'd translated some of the text in the artwork.

MarkusRJR

Firestorm

I've never watched anime besides Pokemon and YuGiOh when I was younger. Should I pick up FMA @ ~$23?
Definitely different in tone to those. One of my favourite series (anime or not). Go for it at $23. My cousin who hadn't really watched any anime liked it too.
Does the FMA Blu-ray set include the movie? Also, any of you guys know something cheap to add to get free shipping? Usually I buy household things, but I genuinely don't need anymore toothbrushes or pens/pencils. :/
I don't believe it includes the movie. It's $20 for it: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00WFDRLWA/

Filler items: http://ca.superfiller.com/displayfiller.php?filleramount=2.01

Silly Canada Post. I wish you weren't the main delivery method for a lot of things.

1) When I shipped Disney Infinity 3.0 out to that guy in Ottawa, I went to the post office kiosk I usually go to. It's in a convenience store, which also has a dollar store inside of it. The latter part is new.

I forgot to even look for a box at home, and also forgot my tape. I'd just lost my Mom, and my memory sucks to begin with. So, I had to grab a box, which was under a $4.50 price tag, but ended up being $5.50 (what a fucking ripoff). They also wouldn't allow it to go like that, despite insurance, and made me buy tape for $1.50.

We knew they were trying to upcharge me and swindle me, so we asked if they could just use their tape quickly and help us out, but they faked looking and said they didn't have any. "Canada Post wants us to sell their stuff." But, of course, they directed me to tape from their dollar store.

I had to buy some before because I forgot.

Then, after I'd paid a total of $23 to ship the thing, the guy goes: "Next time, ask before you grab a box, because we might have one in the back that we can give you instead of recycling." Of course that was bullshit, because he could have let me know before then, since the box sat on the counter -- without any writing on it -- for 5 minutes as I looked at tape.

Assholes. They won't get my business again.

2) My one colouring book was delivered from Amazon today, via Canada Post. They left a key for one of the boxes in our mail box. However, they decided to cram the colouring book into our box anyways and put nothing in the bigger box.

My Dad got the mail and thankfully the book was okay. I noticed the key, which he hadn't, when he brought it home. So I drove down the road (a mile) and back to check to see if something else was there (it was sunny, so I worried maybe a game had been sent to me through work and would get damaged by the heat). But it was empty.

killroy87

Silly Canada Post. I wish you weren't the main delivery method for a lot of things.

1) When I shipped Disney Infinity 3.0 out to that guy in Ottawa, I went to the post office kiosk I usually go to. It's in a convenience store, which also has a dollar store inside of it. The latter part is new.

I forgot to even look for a box at home, and also forgot my tape. I'd just lost my Mom, and my memory sucks to begin with. So, I had to grab a box, which was under a $4.50 price tag, but ended up being $5.50 (what a fucking ripoff). They also wouldn't allow it to go like that, despite insurance, and made me buy tape for $1.50.

We knew they were trying to upcharge me and swindle me, so we asked if they could just use their tape quickly and help us out, but they faked looking and said they didn't have any. "Canada Post wants us to sell their stuff." But, of course, they directed me to tape from their dollar store.

I had to buy some before because I forgot.

Then, after I'd paid a total of $23 to ship the thing, the guy goes: "Next time, ask before you grab a box, because we might have one in the back that we can give you instead of recycling." Of course that was bullshit, because he could have let me know before then, since the box sat on the counter -- without any writing on it -- for 5 minutes as I looked at tape.

Assholes. They won't get my business again.

2) My one colouring book was delivered from Amazon today, via Canada Post. They left a key for one of the boxes in our mail box. However, they decided to cram the colouring book into our box anyways and put nothing in the bigger box.

My Dad got the mail and thankfully the book was okay. I noticed the key, which he hadn't, when he brought it home. So I drove down the road (a mile) and back to check to see if something else was there (it was sunny, so I worried maybe a game had been sent to me through work and would get damaged by the heat). But it was empty.

They made me buy tape once too, I was so pissed off, haha.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
FYI to everyone: the extra Star Ocean: Integrity & Faithlessness SKU on Amazon has been fixed. There's just one active now. Shouldn't need to cancel or change orders.

Quenk

Got my Bravely Second CE from EBGames today. Shipped via Purolator and a couple of the corners were damaged. Not major but still annoying.

Sora_N

Thanks to the discussion last time I upped my credit card limit. Went to the bank today and they asked me so I said sure. I only upped it a little though.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I have FMA on DVD and it's on Netflix. It's a standard def show so I don't need Blu-Ray.

Yet I still want this.

I read that the upscale is well done and the series is bound to go OOP thanks to Aniplex soon. This is probably the lowest it will ever go.

Still more expensive than that Cineplex store deal from two years ago.

Cineplex doesn't sell physical media anymore, deals like that ain't coming back in our current economic situation.

Those of you interested in FMA should consider this deal. Funimation's rights to Brotherhood have already expired and I believe the ones for the classic series will expire by this summer.

Aniplex has said that they don't plan to re-release this series again in the near future. FMA's time in North America is counting down.

It appears that the Brotherhood collections are already OOP in the US. Those plus Conqueror of Shamballa (FMA's movie) and the Brotherhood OVA collection have expired rights with everything else following shortly after.

You can watch the entire series on youtube for as long as Funimation has the rights. Keep in mind that the deal will expire at the end of the day.

couldn't pass up FMA for that price. really hope the brotherhood blu-ray's go on sale before they sell out.

They won't. From now on the price will only go up due to people from the US depleting our stock. If you want them, I advise you get them asap.

Does the FMA Blu-ray set include the movie? Also, any of you guys know something cheap to add to get free shipping? Usually I buy household things, but I genuinely don't need anymore toothbrushes or pens/pencils. :/

No, Conqueror of Shamballa is sold separately. I've seen it for as little at $16 on some HMV stores. If you're looking for some fillers, check out https://www.shopfiller.com/

beta_fuse

So if I get the FMA collection I only get episode 1-51? Can I watch the last few episodes anywhere in particular online? Also is it worth just skipping straight to Brotherhood as I've heard it's a better adaptation?

So if I get the FMA collection I only get episode 1-51? Can I watch the last few episodes anywhere in particular online? Also is it worth just skipping straight to Brotherhood as I've heard it's a better adaptation?

I remember liking the original back in the day, but they ran into the classic "outpaced the manga" problem and had to come up with their own, conceptually crazy ending. Brotherhood, on the other hand, had the full manga to work with.

khaaan

I remember liking the original back in the day, but they ran into the classic "outpaced the manga" problem and had to come up with their own, conceptually crazy ending. Brotherhood, on the other hand, had the full manga to work with.

I liked it better than Brotherhood.
I stopped watching Brotherhood once the stories started to diverge, so what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom