• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Amazon shipped Star Fox last night at 9 PM and it arrived this morning. Well, that's like Amazon of old. No more pending game orders with them though, so I probably won't be able to confirm for myself for a while.

BadWolf

Amazon shipped Star Fox last night at 9 PM and it arrived this morning. Well, that's like Amazon of old. No more pending game orders with them though, so I probably won't be able to confirm for myself for a while.

Same thing happened for me with the Dark Souls 3 pre-order, was quite surprised.

It was free shipping too.

NYR

Dollar at 79 cents/USD this morning. Looking interesting. Still seems a lifetime until we can get back to 59.99 or 69.99 games, though.

59.99 USD =75.9545 CAD
US Dollar ↔ Canadian Dollar
1 USD = 1.26612 CAD 1 CAD = 0.789815 USD

oh god please let Until Dawn be in stock long enough for me to get to the one Best Buy that's kind of sort of close to me so I can use my Reward Zone certificate and get it for free PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Also, hell yeah those Atelier games are a deal! If they look like the sort of thing you might be into (alchemy-focused slice-of-life JRPGs) then I highly recommend them, especially for freakin' TEN DOLLARS.

KJA

Quick question:

If I decide to cancel my pre-ordered copy of Star Fox Zero from Amazon, will the other game in my order still get 30% off? There's only two games in the order and the other one is the Legend of Zelda.

frequency

Quick question:

If I decide to cancel my pre-ordered copy of Star Fox Zero from Amazon, will the other game in my order still get 30% off? There's only two games in the order and the other one is the Legend of Zelda.

I did that with something else a couple months ago and I lost the discount on the remaining game.

Sora_N

oh god please let Until Dawn be in stock long enough for me to get to the one Best Buy that's kind of sort of close to me so I can use my Reward Zone certificate and get it for free PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Also, hell yeah those Atelier games are a deal! If they look like the sort of thing you might be into (alchemy-focused slice-of-life JRPGs) then I highly recommend them, especially for freakin' TEN DOLLARS.

Can't reserve in store? Alternatively but online and return in store and say you wanted to apply the coupon.

Also does anyone remember if the digital copies of the Atelier Vita games ever drop to < $20? Maybe I will pick up one of them..

KJA

I would try just canceling Star Fox and seeing if the discount is removed. If it is then cancel LoZ.

It may have changed, who knows.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying right now.

It seems to be giving some sort of trouble because it's about to be shipped sometime today.

khaaan

There was no Until Dawn in a store near me and then I padded the order with some other junk (that I did need so I guess it's not all bad).

Wow thanks for reminding me of the certificates, mine were about to expire too. Can't say no to Until Dawn for 19.99+tx-10$ certificates!

BTails

Thank you kindly! Couldn't reserve Until Dawn in store, and Bloodborne was already sold out in one of the 2 stores near me, so I decided to just order both online. I wouldn't get a chance to play either this weekend anyway.

Sora_N

I reserved Escha and Logy in store. If they have it I'll pick it up (even if it's gutted). Don't think it would be this cheap on PSN for the Vita.

Sealtest

if amazon canada does this i'll buy everything at best buy again. Canada prime isn't worth what they're asking compared to the US one.

I decided to put Until Dawn into my cart to see what it would cost with shipping and it's $17.99 extra to ship to Toronto.

WTF?

Dazzler

Amazon are a really shitty company and this isn't surprising at all

Rather than complain about their shipping, I've just stopped using them altogether

Went to the Stockyards Best Buy in Toronto, no copies of Until Dawn to be found, and now it's sold out online. Fuck you, Reward Zone certificates.

Oh, and apparently EBGames doesn't have the same deal, as originally stated? Guess I'm not getting Until Dawn then. Sucks.

bryt

Damn, just got an email back from EB and they don't have Rorona in stock at their store :( Hoping for a good deal on it during the Golden Week sale.

khaaan

Never played an Atelier game before, which one should I try from these two?

Don't know how much you care about the story, but Rorona is the first game of the Arland trilogy while Escha & Logy is the second game of the Dusk Trilogy. The Dusk trilogy released after the Arland trilogy. The stories in each game are new and don't require knowledge of past events but past characters do make appearances so there is some value in that. For what it's worth, I played through Totori (the second game in Rorona's line) and had no problems when past characters showed up.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the franchise but almost all the games have an in-world clock that advances based on your actions like gathering resources, traveling, fighting and crafting. The game lays out certain dates and objectives and leaves you to meet those objectives within the allotted time frame. Compared to Escha & Logy, Rorona has a very tight limit so if you're someone like me who gets stressed out by such things then maybe Escha & Logy is the better pick. Since Escha & Logy are comparatively recent releases you'll also get the advantage of gameplay refinements.

What a clickbaity title. I assume it means Prime-exclusive sales, not Prime-exclusive availability.

Isn't it similar to PS+ getting a bigger discount on games?

diaspora

What a clickbaity title. I assume it means Prime-exclusive sales, not Prime-exclusive availability.

Isn't it similar to PS+ getting a bigger discount on games?

Not entirely. In your PS+ example people can buy the games from Sony at regular price still. As far as I can tell, the regular priced version of the game from Amazon wouldn't be available until the sale ends preventing you form getting a copy from Amazon as a seller. I could be wrong about this though.

Samemind

Welp, just had my first run in with amazon not delivering using Post Canada. Meaning they couldn't leave the packages at the nearby drop point. Meaning I had to have them change the delivery address to the post canada location. Meaning the delivery will be delayed to next week.

gdi

Welp, just had my first run in with amazon not delivering using Post Canada. Meaning they couldn't leave the packages at the nearby drop point. Meaning I had to have them change the delivery address to the post canada location. Meaning the delivery will be delayed to next week.

gdi

I'm not actually sure what you mean.

superbad

Purolator just delivered the white Vita I ordered from MTC. It was well packaged and so far appears to be in mint condition.

System software was on 3.51 in case anyone is interested. I forgot how much I liked the heft of the original model compared to the 2000.

Samemind

I'm not actually sure what you mean.

Well orders from amazon always used to be delivered by Canada Post. Since I'm almost never at home when a package gets delivered, Canada Post will leave a notice of delivery in my mailbox that I can use to go pick up the package at a nearby Canada Post location. Today, a delivery service that's not Canada Post attempted delivery but instead of leaving a notice and dropping the packages at the Canada Post location, they would try to deliver again some other time, when I'll still not be present to pick up. So I had to have amazon ask them to change the delivery address to the Canada Post location. Now it's going to be a few more business days before the package gets delivered where I can receive it, instead me being able to pick it up tomorrow like I would have expected.

Well orders from amazon always used to be delivered by Canada Post. Since I'm almost never at home when a package gets delivered, Canada Post will leave a notice of delivery in my mailbox that I can use to go pick up the package at a nearby Canada Post location. Today, a delivery service that's not Canada Post attempted delivery but instead of leaving a notice and dropping the packages at the Canada Post location, they would try to deliver again some other time, when I'll still not be present to pick up. So I had to have amazon ask them to change the delivery address to the Canada Post location. Now it's going to be a few more business days before the package gets delivered where I can receive it, instead me being able to pick it up tomorrow like I would have expected.

Oh I understand now. Same here in Montreal when they use INTELCOM, no zone to go pick-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom