• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither. It's a rather acquired taste... The games are very feminine. But if you insist, go with the cheaper one in case you regret it.

Totally walked into a Gamestop once and was like "give me the Atelier Meruru, I don't even care about whatever side eye you might be giving me right now, give me it, also fuck you co-worker I dragged to Gamestop with me, this game with the girl in the frilly pantaloons is totally worth your time."

Back on track, which Atelier to get? I don't think it matters too much, but Escha & Logy is probably more friendly to newbies. The battle system is much more engaging, the alchemy system is a little less fussy (and cuts down on inventory management, thank goodness) and the time limits are less onerous than Rorona, though less so than you might think. Rorona is a natural starting point because it's the start of a trilogy, though it's worth noting that the new epilogue in Rorona Plus features the protagonists of the other two games, so you might be a bit lost playing it without the benefit of the others. I'd say pick up the one with the characters and basic plotline that looks more interesting to you.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Guys avoid games for being too "feminine"?

Didn't you know playing a game not expressly made for your gender can be super-dangerous for your health!?
(as I masculine fan of "cute" games, I don't get this either)

EDIT: By the way, is the store tracker on EBgames' website always accurate? Should I drop by to see if they have the Atelier games even if the website says they don't?

Renewed

Didn't you know playing a game not expressly made for your gender can be super-dangerous for your health!?

EDIT: By the way, is the store tracker on EBgames' website always accurate? Should I drop by to see if they have the Atelier games even if the website says they don't?

Anyone can play any game they want pretty much.

And yeah, the tracker is accurate for that day, I think it updates the next day. And what doctor said lol

you could always call the location and ask them if they have it in stock, and if they do, if they could hold it for you, so you could swing by later on in the day and grab it.

tiijj

Quick question:

If I decide to cancel my pre-ordered copy of Star Fox Zero from Amazon, will the other game in my order still get 30% off? There's only two games in the order and the other one is the Legend of Zelda.

They'll definitely remove the 30%. Due to some combining of orders in order to get the 30% discount (I can't cancel coz it was oos). I forgot about it so I cancelled one order and another separate order's 30% off was removed.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
It doesn't matter in the end. It seems that I have to drive 20 mins to find the closest EB that has a copy in stock. :/

khaaan

Which Vita games?
Page 2 of the ad.
If you can find em:

-Deception IV: Blood Ties
$12.99 New
$19.99 Recycled

-Toukiden: Age of Demons
$12.99 New
$19.99 Recycled

-DoA5+
$9.99 New
$14.99 Recycled

Thing is that the only one you can find online is recycled Deception. Everything else, YMMV.

superbad

Or uh, if you take advantage of PS+ at all.

Good point. To be honest, I've had a 16GB card forever. I have more games on it than I'll ever play at any given time. I have a mix of physical and digital, with a PS+ subscription. Games vary greatly in size. While Persona 4 Golden is over 3GB, Severed will only be around 250MB.

Yes, the memory cards are over-priced, but there's no need to have my entire library installed at once.

khaaan

*To be fair*

It's not just that the Atelier games are feminine, but that they require a decent tolerance of anime nonsense. More so than your run of the mill JRPG but less than something like Sword Art Online. As far as the Vita library is concerned, it's actually pretty tame.

DJ_Lae

*To be fair*

It's not just that the Atelier games are feminine, but that they require a decent tolerance of anime nonsense. More so than your run of the mill JRPG but less than something like Sword Art Online. As far as the Vita library is concerned, it's actually pretty tame.

You're not kidding that there's a ton of anime nonsense on the Vita. I've been subjected to the Neptunia games and Monpiece myself and I don't know how I survived.

Tiktaalik

Finally an actual deal and Until Dawn is seemingly out of stock in the entire Metro Vancouver area. Great.

Speaking of missing out, VideoGamePlus has some exclusive reprints of some obscure DS games in stock. I was excited to see that Infinite Space was one of them but it's already sold out.

http://tinycartridge.com/post/143214535242/what-reprints-of-hard-to-find-ds-games

Finally an actual deal and Until Dawn is seemingly out of stock in the entire Metro Vancouver area. Great.

Speaking of missing out, VideoGamePlus has some exclusive reprints of some obscure DS games in stock. I was excited to see that Infinite Space was one of them but it's already sold out.

http://tinycartridge.com/post/143214535242/what-reprints-of-hard-to-find-ds-games

Yeah we posted about it a couple of page back! See this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=201074792&postcount=4364

They also added Trauma Center 1 and 2 since then, but these are not so rare in my region.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Dracula X for 2,24$. You are a terrible people for not buying this if you don't have it.
Wow, that is insane. For those who don't know it includes SotN and Rondo of Blood as unlockables. Probably one of the best compilations in gaming. It was the very first thing I played when I got my Vita.

jzbluz

For some reason I don't feel like the Aterlier games are made for the female demographic, or at least it feels like it has more male fans than female. But I could be wrong.

VGP has a bunch of PSP UMD reprints up from Atlus. Not that this is VGP's fault, but because all those PSP games are readily available on PSN, it seems a lot more ridiculous to charge $50 for Hexyz Force when it goes for substantially less on PSN.

Also, someone here mentioned Infinite Space was out of stock. It's back BUY BUY BUY
well still way cheaper than buying used, hexyz force is like $150 on amazon.ca and i cant even find one on ebay, a english copy that is

Ventara

Are you guys for real? Hexyz Force is that expensive now? Glad I bought mine at release.

I'm still undecided on Infinite Space. Like, I don't want to buy it just because it's rare, since I'm trying to move away from that. Is the game on its own worth $50?

c-murph

VGP has a bunch of PSP UMD reprints up from Atlus. Not that this is VGP's fault, but because all those PSP games are readily available on PSN, it seems a lot more ridiculous to charge $50 for Hexyz Force when it goes for substantially less on PSN.

Also, someone here mentioned Infinite Space was out of stock. It's back BUY BUY BUY

Geezus, SEGA and VGP must've struck a little deal to get these all reprinted again. Awesome. Hopefully, they have a few more Atlus reprints on other consoles coming soon.

Edit: Preordered Class of Heroes to go with CoH2 and Someday CoH3. Also, Infinite Space and Trauma Centre 2.

Sora_N

Who else's Star Fox didn't ship yet? I already asked them to split the shipment in my order but it's stuck next to Star Ocean so it's still not shipping.

I might pick up those PS2 classics on PS4. Not too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom