• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJA

They'll definitely remove the 30%. Due to some combining of orders in order to get the 30% discount (I can't cancel coz it was oos). I forgot about it so I cancelled one order and another separate order's 30% off was removed.

Thanks for the info. I can't cancel my order anymore (since apparently it's already in transit), so I'll see what would happen if I try to return it. Best Buy's pre-ordering system is probably better than Amazon's since the discount is reflected on an item-by-item basis, instead of the entire order.

I dunno if it's still available, but Best Buy recently had the physical version for $15 on clearance. Not under $10, but maybe a physical copy holds a little more value for you.

They actually dropped it further to 9.97. I was able to PM mine shortly after I bought it at $15.

terrible

Banned
If any of you ordered a PC copy of Mirror's Edge during E3 last year, double check it. Mine defaulted to the French version.

The lack of a beta key has me really close to canceling my PC order since I have no idea if my PC can run it lol. It seems I still have the English version ordered though.

Sora_N

VGP has a bunch of PSP UMD reprints up from Atlus. Not that this is VGP's fault, but because all those PSP games are readily available on PSN, it seems a lot more ridiculous to charge $50 for Hexyz Force when it goes for substantially less on PSN.

Also, someone here mentioned Infinite Space was out of stock. It's back BUY BUY BUY

If anyone is buying Persona 2 please buy my sealed LE copy instead.

It's been sitting around storage for years.

Geezus, SEGA and VGP must've struck a little deal to get these all reprinted again. Awesome. Hopefully, they have a few more Atlus reprints on other consoles coming soon.

Edit: Preordered Class of Heroes to go with CoH2 and Someday CoH3. Also, Infinite Space and Trauma Centre 2.

Based on what they've been saying on their Twitter, it sounds like VGP have been working on securing reprint rights for a while now. They say there are more DS reprints coming, too, but also a lot of publishers that weren't interested.

I'm trying to think of UMD games I'd want reprints of, but the only ones that come to mind are games that never came to PSN, and for the most part they're still easy to find (Crisis Core, I think Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth?).

Windam

Scaley member
So it turns out if nobody's home when Amazon comes to deliver, they'll just leave the package in front of your door. How did they even get into the building/up to my floor if nobody was home to buzz them in? x_x My package could've been easily swiped if any of my neighbors were into stealing. :/

23qwerty

So it turns out if nobody's home when Amazon comes to deliver, they'll just leave the package in front of your door. How did they even get into the building/up to my floor if nobody was home to buzz them in? x_x My package could've been easily swiped if any of my neighbors were into stealing. :/

UPS?

I was at Walmart today and was looking at pillows. Any you guys recommend? They had the blue whale one for $4.88 which seemed good, but I wanted to know what PillowGAF had to say.

superbad

I was at Walmart today and was looking at pillows. Any you guys recommend? They had the blue whale one for $4.88 which seemed good, but I wanted to know what PillowGAF had to say.

Those start out great, but go flat within a couple of weeks. I picked one up from winners last weekend for $12.99 and it seems pretty decent so far.

Seems like Best Buy's been restocking Until Dawn with a couple of units every so often (or else it's people cancelling their orders). Ended up finally getting an order in. Also, for PillowGAF, Best Buy's also running a 60% off ObusForme pillow sale. The MSRPs seem inflated (Amazon sells a bunch of the pillows, BB is only slightly cheaper) but it worked well as a free shipping filler and I needed a new contour pillow anyways.

Madness

They'll be flat within the month. Memory foam or down pillows are your best bet. But down has some ethical issues with the way geese or ducks are plucked of their feathers in farms, sewn up or killed. I have some pretty expensive hypoallergenic memory foam pillows that are super soft.

I've spent a lot of money on pillows. Everything from $4 blue whale to like $40 dollars per pillow. Nothing stays like when they're new though.

jred2k

Anyone got any tips for returning amazon.ca individual games without paying shipping.... I didnt cancel fast enough.

Thanks

I think if you contact them through chat and tell them that the website wouldn't let you, they'll create the label and you won't have to pay for it. I haven't done it myself, but I'm positive I've seen that same method posted in here before.

Ok guys i post here but i don't know if it's the right place.

Anyway so i lived in Canada for a while so i have a canadian PSN account, but i'm french and i my first language is french.

Yesterday i bought Bully on the PSN and the game is full english.. No way to put the subtitles in french, is it possible to get a refund ?

I was thinking every games sold in Canada HAVE to be available in english AND in french...

Ok guys i post here but i don't know if it's the right place.

Anyway so i lived in Canada for a while so i have a canadian PSN account, but i'm french and i my first language is french.

Yesterday i bought Bully on the PSN and the game is full english.. No way to put the subtitles in french, is it possible to get a refund ?

I was thinking every games sold in Canada HAVE to be available in english AND in french...

I thought that only applied to the exterior packaging of a physical copy of the game (which doesn't necessarily always happen, hence the restrictions from BB on games sold to Quebec).

As for a refund, you might need to contact PSN customer service and explain to them that the game isn't in French so you aren't able to play it, hence why you would like a refund.

edit:

this might not help, but if you really want to play the game, the Steam version of Bully has French subtitles and menus. But you'd have to play it on PC.

balohna

Star Fox from Amazon not even shipped. Pre-ordered last year around E3. Free shipping. Estimate is April 29-May 12.

I'm in Burnaby, BC.

My Star Fox pre-order shipped and arrived from Best Buy (Fraser Valley). Three year old pre-order for $45. I didn't really want the game, but with the inclusion of a physical copy of guard for the discounted price, I just couldn't say no...

DayEnder

YMMV but Walmart matched the Until Dawn price when I went in store.

jRzEqxK.jpg

I guess I'm going to Walmart this weekend to buy last year's best game.

Thanks

Note: I didn't leave the house for a few days and didn't get to Walmart in time to price match EB's Diablo III: Reaper of Souls UE price. So I guess I'm stuck with this gutted copy, unless I return it.

I wish I could go there and swap it for a sealed one if they or another store have one, but now that it's up in price that's surely unlikely.

Magnus

In case it hasn't been posted, EB Games' spring sale:

- AC Syndicate $30
- Chibi Robo Zip Lash w/Amiibo $15
- Halo 5: CE $140 (down from $280)

And a bunch of other decent markdowns.

Sora_N

Same for me, in Vancouver and no shipping notice. I changed my E3 Zelda Wii U order to Star Fox about two months ago, I assumed because of that there was a delay.

Mine is finally shipping. You guys should check yours too.

Shipping Now
Delivery Estimate:
Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - Wednesday, May 4, 2016 by 8:00pm

diaspora

Hmmmm. Amazon dropped it to 200 and I was going to bite, but that's still considerably higher.

Yeah, but I mean, that was over a year ago when the dollar was stronger.

edit: Decided against getting a Vita since my cousin gave me a PSP Go in exchange for some PS4 games I don't play anymore.

Kiro

My conversation with Amazon CS. Gotta love them sometimes!

Hey, I noticed Best Buy had Until Dawn - PS4 for 19.99. I was wondering if Amazon was going to price match it? No worries if not, was just curious as I'm interested in buying it and am also a loyal Amazon customer, so rather buy it from you! :)
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00W76...(See full link)

Suraj Babu: Hello Kiro, my name is Suraj Babu. I'm here to help you today.
Please do not worry as I will be glad to help you with it.
In this case I can issue you an amount of $10.00 as a credit balance from my end and which will be directly be applied on your next purchase.
Will this be fine with you?

Me: Ah no, I really appreciate you even offering to do that, as I know that isn't the standard! But I think I'm going to go with the Best Buy deal if it's cheaper. Thanks though, sorry for the inconvenience!
:)

Suraj Babu: No worries you can purchase it from BEST BUY but I am giving you the credit balance from my end as a good will gesture as your a loyal customer to Amazon.
Please allow me a quick moment while I add the amount on to your account.

Me: Wow, thanks Suraj Babu, I appreciate that!
I will definitely use it in the near future :) thank you!

diaspora

Yeah, I mean he probably got authorized for it so at that point there's really no point in NOT doing it since it helps to cement future purchases by having it on the account.

My conversation with Amazon CS. Gotta love them sometimes!

Hey, I noticed Best Buy had Until Dawn - PS4 for 19.99. I was wondering if Amazon was going to price match it? No worries if not, was just curious as I'm interested in buying it and am also a loyal Amazon customer, so rather buy it from you! :)
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00W76...(See full link)

Suraj Babu: Hello Kiro, my name is Suraj Babu. I'm here to help you today.
Please do not worry as I will be glad to help you with it.
In this case I can issue you an amount of $10.00 as a credit balance from my end and which will be directly be applied on your next purchase.
Will this be fine with you?

Me: Ah no, I really appreciate you even offering to do that, as I know that isn't the standard! But I think I'm going to go with the Best Buy deal if it's cheaper. Thanks though, sorry for the inconvenience!
:)

Suraj Babu: No worries you can purchase it from BEST BUY but I am giving you the credit balance from my end as a good will gesture as your a loyal customer to Amazon.
Please allow me a quick moment while I add the amount on to your account.

Me: Wow, thanks Suraj Babu, I appreciate that!
I will definitely use it in the near future :) thank you!

So many people complain about the shipping, but they completely make up for it with things like that.

Luigi87

When scalpers return things... My BB I work at just got four copies of Corpse Party Blood Drive, and one of the Xenoblade Chronicles X LE returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom